No announcement yet.

Wichita State At Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Thursday is our play-in game for the NCAA tournament. It’s a must win unless we get the auto. Hopefully JE bounces back. I think we need more NF on the floor. We need point guard first mentality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
      I think Thursday is our play-in game for the NCAA tournament. It’s a must win unless we get the auto. Hopefully JE bounces back. I think we need more NF on the floor. We need point guard first mentality.
      The next 4 are. We had some buffer when SMU was a Q1 game. They aren't. We needed at least one more Q1 win and no more losses outside Q1. So that leaves winning all 4. If we lose to Memphis we are probably First 4 or First 4 out.

Comment

• This is the game. This is is. From Taylor.

Another game of missed opportunities by Wichita State's offense, which had no problem creating good looks against Cincinnati's defense.

I counted 17 wide-open threes taken by WSU and only 5 made. Shooting 29% on open 3s is not gonna cut it against UC's defense.

Comment

• Unless we essentially win out, I think that the First Four is going to be hard to climb out of. My reasoning is that we are likely to be short a marquee win. One reason for that round existing is to give those teams one last shot at proving they belong in the tournament proper. Even if we finish strong, but done know off Houston/Cincinnati in the AAC tournament I think a 9 or 10 seed quality resume would get demoted thanks to our lack of success against the strong.

Comment

• I wish Marshall would get over his man-love of JE. I have my issues with him anyway, but tonight he looked tired and slow; certainly too tired for his 31 minutes. AM and Poor Bear both looked good in their "guest appearances" - 6 and 2 minutes respectively; I wonder how good they'd be if they were ever allowed to play long enough to get into the flow of a game? And where has Mo been?
            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• If we just make a few of the open shots this is yet another game we win. GM keeps saying these guys are good shooters. I hope at some point they can be that consistently in games.

Fact is we didn't hit shots and ended up in another close game. At some point GM is going to have to look in the mirror and admit the way he is coaching at the end of close games is not working and change or turn it over to an assistant.

ES...... wow, Lets just have him stand at mid-court for the next "hats off to hero's" segment. He consistently doesn't throw the ball to open players and then comes close to getting 5 second calls when throwing the ball in. When he ordered everyone down low so he could go one on one, I don't know why GM didn't immediately call time out. There was know way in hell he was going to score. I really think he isn't smart enough to know he shouldn't be so confident. Maybe someday his on court performance will match his confidence, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                I wish Marshall would get over his man-love of JE. I have my issues with him anyway, but tonight he looked tired and slow; certainly too tired for his 31 minutes. AM and Poor Bear both looked good in their "guest appearances" - 6 and 2 minutes respectively; I wonder how good they'd be if they were ever allowed to play long enough to get into the flow of a game? And where has Mo been?
                JE has been far and away our best player and only true difference maker. That might be part of the reason.
                The Assman

Comment

• I will take our Coach every day forever with some of your perceived faults. I’m frustrated like everyone else but talking as though his salary entitles fans to x wins per year and to appear in the tournament every year is not reality based. Especially funny coming from those who aren’t paying it. If you think we are going to plug in someone else that will just start blowing past greggs accomplishments,, you are sadly mistaken. Talking like that hastens your chance of finding out. Yet again we have won 20 games and in conversation all year long. Coach should be in HOF. I hope he doesn’t go anywhere else because you guys can Coach better.

Comment

• If we win out we can finish 3rd. That would keep us from playing Houston until the championship. We can beat anyone in this league except Houston. Winning out is a lot to ask of these kids but the hole was dug by letting this game slip away.

Comment

• Yeah, Etch was laboring up and down the court a few times

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                        I wish Marshall would get over his man-love of JE. I have my issues with him anyway, but tonight he looked tired and slow; certainly too tired for his 31 minutes. AM and Poor Bear both looked good in their "guest appearances" - 6 and 2 minutes respectively; I wonder how good they'd be if they were ever allowed to play long enough to get into the flow of a game? And where has Mo been?
                        Seriously your issue is with Marshall's "man-love of JE"? Agreed, this was not his best game, but the only consistency we have had this year is JE.

Cincy - 10 pts, 12 reb, 3 blks
                        USF - 20 pts, 9 reb
                        Tulane - 10 pts, 5 reb
                        UCF - 4 pts, 8 reb
                        UH - 7 pts, 7 reb ( WSU scored 43 total)
                        Cincy - 19 pts, 11 reb
                        Tulsa - 15 pts, 10

12.1 pts, 8.8 reb/ game

Carl Hall's stats 12.6 pts, 6.8 reb for 2012-13.

Now if your issue is just this game then I agree, but how you stated Marshall's man love and that you have a problem with JE, I have no idea where that is coming from.

I have JE man love too, because when he's gone I have no idea where low post scoring or any production from the 5 spot in going to come from.

Comment

• I genuinely have no idea what the offensive game plan is for like half our possessions. There is no way the game plan is to pass the ball 0-2 times on the perimeter, then take a shot in ISO, but that seems to be the our main offensive play...
                          Last edited by Jhook89; February 24, 2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Tough crowd.
                            You need to adjust your expectations. They're Valley-levelish.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

There is a whole lot of real estate between “singing rainbows” and most of the drivel from you spoiled brats in this thread.
                              I guess the NCAA Tournament is not your expectation. Marshall probably disagrees with you. Sad.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                                This is the game. This is is. From Taylor.

Another game of missed opportunities by Wichita State's offense, which had no problem creating good looks against Cincinnati's defense.

I counted 17 wide-open threes taken by WSU and only 5 made. Shooting 29% on open 3s is not gonna cut it against UC's defense.
                                We've missed multiple wide open looks in multiple games. Maybe we don't have as good a shooters as we thought? Or maybe the wide open shots we're taking are from 25 feet from the basket? Either way, it's on the coach with the recruiting or lack of in-game instruction.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X