No announcement yet.

Wichita State At Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pooh gets in. 2 rebounds, a made basket by the rim (what a novel concept) on a nice assist from Noah, then sits. Thanks for coming.

Comment

• Etch and ES both with 31 minutes played

Comment

• Originally posted by GoCats View Post
        Hey Shockers. First, I'd like to say i'm not here to troll. Second, heck of a game. Although we have come out on top (I think) 6 of 7, I'm always nervous playing you guys. Actually, has it been more than a one possession game since you moved? Crazy. You're a heck a program. That being said, I have this weird fetish (so to speak) of finding game threads for my Cats. After reading several Shocks and Cats threads, I'm pretty sure you guys despise us. I think this is the beginning to a new and great rivalry. I think I speak for most Bearcats when I say we look forward to this game. This is the closest thing we have to real competition and rivalry since UofL, WVU (in the good ol' days) and Houston most recently with Kalvin coaching.

That being said, I would love to hear your thoughts on the match up. What do you think about the UC WSU "rivalry" and what you think overall of the games played?
        What rivalry? We need to start actually winning some matchups before it’s a rivalry.

Comment

• [QUOTE. As much as we want just that, our beloved Shocks want it all the more.[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you say...but as for the sentence, I still need proof of that.

Comment

• We’re a few players away from taking the next step. Frustrating is really an understatement. We have no one capable of hitting clutch shots consistently besides Burton and Etienne. Burton is capable of creating but is limited and Etienne is a 40 percent 3 point shooter who teams seem to key on. I told my son they will let Stevenson take the 3 because he’s not a very good 3 point shooter, streaky is an understatement. Too many empty possessions with silly turnovers and our frontline is lacking against teams like Houston and Cincinnati. We had plenty of open looks for Stevenson, Sherfield but you have to be able to hit one in the clutch to be a threat. No wonder they double and triple team Etchinique.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Marshall needs to be called to the carpet for that effing stupid call with 3.5 sec left
              This I totally agree with. You had time for one or two more passes in that situation. Who throws the full court pass in that situation? I was left speechless, not believing that just happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                Marshall didn't win the MVC until his 5th season. Just sayin' It took him a while to adjust and I remember him saying that the MVC was a lot tougher than he thought.
                He gets paid A LOT more now to be better prepared for the switch. Can't win games against the top dogs in this conference they way he did in the Valley.

Granted, Creighton went through a similar transition in years 2 and 3 in the BE, so maybe year 4 will be the start of the real change.
                The Assman

Comment

• We need a reliable big who can play the in and out game. Our bigs think they’re Kareem Abdul Jabar and end up dribbling into a turnover or bad shot.

Comment

• Is it just me. But ever since we have moved to the AAC it seems that we are the bad boys. Everyone wants to just wants a piece of us. In some cases when we travel to other places. Their fans show up. Others that have been in the league longer don’t get as much hype as when we go their cities. And yes it seems that we are starting some rivalries. I feel like Tulsa, Cincy, Temple, Houston, Memphis. They want a piece of us. Just my thoughts. What do you think.

Comment

• I’m thinking that heave by Stevenson was a called play, if it was that’s a terrible call. But our guys seemed to have trouble getting open on inbounds play like we really don’t break to the ball that well. Shouldn’t have come down to that though. To many stupid turnovers and missed shots at the rim. To many open looks that we didn’t connect on and that’s on the players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                        I’m thinking that heave by Stevenson was a called play, if it was that’s a terrible call. But our guys seemed to have trouble getting open on inbounds play like we really don’t break to the ball that well. Shouldn’t have come down to that though. To many stupid turnovers and missed shots at the rim. To many open looks that we didn’t connect on and that’s on the players.
                        If that play was seriously the one drawn up over the TO....3G should leave the end of game plays to an assistant. Seriously. That play was equivalent to a Hail Mary at the end of a football game. 3 seconds is enough for a couple of dribbles...

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                          Is it just me. But ever since we have moved to the AAC it seems that we are the bad boys. Everyone wants to just wants a piece of us. In some cases when we travel to other places. Their fans show up. Others that have been in the league longer don’t get as much hype as when we go their cities. And yes it seems that we are starting some rivalries. I feel like Tulsa, Cincy, Temple, Houston, Memphis. They want a piece of us. Just my thoughts. What do you think.
                          I think the league has the sense that we came in puffing our chest out thinking we’d “own” the American like we did the MVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I think the league has the sense that we came in puffing our chest out thinking we’d “own” the American like we did the MVC.
                            Owning is a strong word. I think your premise maybe of the Shockers having a strong NCAA Tournament resume and teams respecting that is more in line.

Comment

• I could not watch the first half. How was Fernandes?

Comment

• I just read Taylor’s article. 3G said the heave was the play but Erik was supposed to throw it all the way to the rim. At that point, I’m thinking, what the F kind of play is that? I can see heaving the ball with 1 sec left, but we had 3.5. We did not have anyone cutting across the court, we had 2 guys streak down each sideline for no apparent reason and then heaved the ball like we’re throwing a Hail Mary into the end zone. Probably the most head scratching plays I’ve ever seen from any WSU coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X