No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was looking forward to seeing Tyson play one more year; he was fun to watch. Happy trails!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Sounding more and more that he ain't coming back. Would suck fer sure as I wanna see more of him in a Shocker uniform...but man...it certainly helps recruiting when we're putting guys in the league. Perhaps that's exactly why Coach Brown is going after Top-50 talent big-time. He gonna land a couple-few next year or the next. I can feel it!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Sounding more and more that he ain't coming back. Would suck fer sure as I wanna see more of him in a Shocker uniform...but man...it certainly helps recruiting when we're putting guys in the league. Perhaps that's exactly why Coach Brown is going after Top-50 talent big-time. He gonna land a couple-few next year or the next. I can feel it!
        I’m feeling the same thing in my old bones… and they’re almost dust.

Comment

• What are his current draft rankings? Is he showing up in the first or second Rounds yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            What are his current draft rankings? Is he showing up in the first or second Rounds yet?
            I haven't seen any mocks having him taken and I've looked at about half a dozen major ones. Obviously all it takes is one team to be sold on him and he still has a couple more team workouts to go.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• With a good showing next season, he could be a lottery pick
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I’m feeling the same thing in my old bones… and they’re almost dust.
                It’s good you were created with feelings but I don’t trust your (or anyone else’s ) feelings for that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                  With a good showing next season, he could be a lottery pick
                  At his height, I think he is unlikely to ever be a lottery pick, but I could certainly see him moving into the first round with a good college season (especially since this year's draft is particularly stacked and next year will give him a chance to put out more point guard game tape).
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It’s good you were created with feelings but I don’t trust your (or anyone else’s ) feelings for that matter.
                    I want what’s best for Tyson, but I’m really hoping for a ‘reverse jinx’ with my post… I selfishly want to see him play another year in the roundhouse and come hell, high water, Covid or any other sickness, I’ll do my very best to attend every ‘21-‘22 game…

Comment

• Only about 3 weeks left before we find out for sure. I think July 19th is the deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft.

Comment

• Here is a breakdown of teams that I have seen as having some degree of interest in Tyson and what they have in the way of 2nd round picks:

Team workout (conducted or scheduled):
                        Team Second Round Picks
                        Cavaliers none
                        Celtics #45
                        Knicks #32, #58
                        Nets #44, #49, #59
                        Suns none
                        Warriors none
                        Raptors #46, #47
                        Hornets #56, #57
                        Others with some degree of reported interest:
                        Team Second Rounds Picks
                        Heat none
                        Jazz none
                        Pacers #54, #60
                        Obviously there could be other interested teams that haven't been reported, but that is what I could find. Interesting that 5 of the 11 teams with expressed interest (including half to give him a team workout) don't have 2nd rounders this year, which suggests to me that a lot of teams are doing due diligence for the 2022 draft when it comes to Tyson, not necessarily for this year.
                        Last edited by The Mad Hatter; June 28, 2021, 07:30 PM. Reason: Updated to take into account reports that both the Raptors and Hornets have workouts set with Tyson.

Comment

• What's changed in the last week or so to think he's gone. I'd be slightly concerned about his departure if he actually showed up in a single mock draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Only about 3 weeks left before we find out for sure. I think July 19th is the deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft.
                            July 7th is actually the deadline, but since he has a workout on the 6th we won't be getting any news until right at the last minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

July 7th is actually the deadline, but since he has a workout on the 6th we won't be getting any news until right at the last minute.
                              Thanks. The July 19th is apparently the NBA rule so this applies more to international players. The July 7th date is the NCAA deadline which is the important date for Tyson. So, yeah we only have another week to wait.

Comment

• I'm pretty confident Etienne will be back, but if the reports we're hearing are from guys who follow the NBA and have anything resembling a history of accurate reporting, his stock is going up - WAY UP - for next year.

Etienne showed up at the camps as an undersized 2 guard and quickly established himself as a player who could be effective and efficient at PG. VanVleet has shown the NBA that a physically strong and intelligent, but undersized, off guard can be effective. Shamet has shown he belongs in the league and Etienne's shooting stats at WSU are very similar to Shamet's.

One big difference between Etienne's college stats and Shamet's is that Etienne has been the main focus of opponents and he's often doubled. With a summer of working on NBA drills, the college game moving closer and closer to an NBA style, and the Shox likely to have more scoring threats this year, Etienne could have one heck of a season, and then he's gone after this year.

Recruits watch this stuff. Especially recruits who are borderline or just off the border for going league. IB was here for Early, Baker, VanVleet and Shamet going league. None of those guys was expected to go league when they came to WSU. Correct me if I'm wrong about Early. He seems to be right around the time IB got here.

Etienne is helping land some of the highly-rated guards IB is recruiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X