Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    It's just when, not if, he gets to the league IMO. A year back at WSU will not make or break it.

But I would like to see him back for selfish reasons.
    I agree. I don’t think his stock goes down from here.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

In order to get those assists, the players he's passing to have to make their shots. I wonder if there is a stat for percentage of passes that end up as assists. So if TE made 12 passes to shooter in a game and 50% went as assists, he'd have his 6 assists per game. But I'm thinking it would probably be lower than that, maybe 40%. In that instance he'd need to pass the ball 15 times to a shooter.
      great point guards elevate their teammates. that's the whole point.

etienne is a really good basketball player, the aac co-player of the year, deservedly. but i'd like to see him elevate his teammates more. pull them in, give them confidence to shoot it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Nobody gets drafted past the first couple picks in the second round and make it. Too long of a road, and most second round picks are rights to euro players because they won’t likely come over and play.
        Kyle Korver, Nikola Jokic, Trevor Ariza, Lou Williams, Paul Millsap, PJ Tucker, Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, Danny Green, Isaiah Thomas, Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, and Malcolm Brogdon all disagree. And that is just a few from the more recent eras.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Kyle Korver, Nikola Jokic, Trevor Ariza, Lou Williams, Paul Millsap, PJ Tucker, Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, Danny Green, Isaiah Thomas, Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, and Malcolm Brogdon all disagree. And that is just a few from the more recent eras.
          Kyle Korver 2003, 51st
          Nikola Jokic 2014, 41st
          Trevor Ariza 2004, 43rd
          Lou Williams 2005, 45th
          Paul Millsap 2006, 47th
          PJ Tucker 2006, 36th
          Marc Gasol 2007, 48th
          DeAndre Jordan 2008, 35th
          Danny Green 2009, 46th
          Isaiah Thomas 2011, 60th
          Draymond Green 2012, 35th
          Khris Middleton 2012, 39th
          Malcolm Brogdon 2016, 36th

Of the 13 players you listed, 5 were drafted in the last decade, and one of the five was a Euro draft and stash, and only one of the remaining four was drafted past pick 40.

I would be willing to wager that of all the players drafted in the second round in the last 20 years, less than 10 percent made it three consecutive seasons in the NBA. In other words, 90% of the players drafted in the second round don’t make it more than 3 seasons in the NBA.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• In fact, 25% of players drafted in the second round 2001-2020 were never on an NBA roster.

99% of first rounders 01-20 make a roster, only 75% of second rounders do.

Comment

In fact, 25% of players drafted in the second round 2001-2020 were never on an NBA roster.

I guess I was focused on the part where you said nobody...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I guess I was focused on the part where you said nobody...
                Hyperbole

Comment

• I saw a guy with a Jokic jersey in McAllister's the other day. That c has one of those ' things on top of it, which indicates it's pronounced "ch"

Please tell me Jokic's name is pronounced Joke Itch and not Jock Itch.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                    I saw a guy with a Jokic jersey in McAllister's the other day. That c has one of those ' things on top of it, which indicates it's pronounced "ch"

Please tell me Jokic's name is pronounced Joke Itch and not Jock Itch.
                    In Serbia, the J has a Y sound.

Comment

• Yes, phonetically it's "Yoke-itch"
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Hyperbole
                        'C'm'on man!

Wha.jpg
                        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; June 22, 2021, 05:06 AM.

Comment

In fact, 25% of players drafted in the second round 2001-2020 were never on an NBA roster.

If Tyson goes earlier than he should, it can be a big risk. It worked out for Landry, but it doesn't for most.

Comment

• I think Tyson has a pretty good head on his shoulders. More than a pretty good head. I trust whatever decision he makes will be well thought out and what he truly believes is in his best interest.

Hope he comes back, but if not I hope he has a successful pro-career.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I think Tyson has a pretty good head on his shoulders. More than a pretty good head. I trust whatever decision he makes will be well thought out and what he truly believes is in his best interest.

Hope he comes back, but if not I hope he has a successful pro-career.
                              No one would disagree that he has a good head on his shoulders and that we wish him well. It still is a risk if he is taken later than the 1st round. It worked for Landry who was taken Kate in the first round. Good for him. Maybe not for Tyson. I still wish him well.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X