Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    When did Tyson become a point guard? Yes I know he can play the position. But anybody ranking Grant Sherfield higher than Tyson has no credibility with me.
    I was thinking the same thing. Good ranking considering he's never played the point. Here's to hoping he can really be the 17th best PG in the nation. WSU'd be headed for a big year, especially with RC IV and Dexter running on the wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Good ranking considering he's never played the point. Here's to hoping he can really be the 17th best PG in the nation. WSU'd be headed for a big year, especially with RC IV and Dexter running on the wings.
      Lol Oh man I see what you did..

That is very interesting suggestion. Lol. If TE plays point he will have to at least raise his free throw percentage. Why? Because Fred, Malcolm, Joe Ragland, Landry, and C Hannah all shot 80% are close to that amount. That is the standard. But no doubt with the perimeter players coming back and new recruits for Coach IB the shocks will have some good options in the backcourt. They all got to raise their games. Go shocks.

Comment

• I'm definitely rooting for TE to be the 17th best PG in the nation. That would put him above several PG's from the ACC, b12, b10 and even the P10 (12).

Not trying to be a smart***, but that's just the plain truth. But for sure, everyone needs to raise their game. Put forth a "MO" effort and good things will happen, as we all saw this past season.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
          When did Tyson become a point guard? Yes I know he can play the position. But anybody ranking Grant Sherfield higher than Tyson has no credibility with me.
          Is Grant Sherfield more of a Point Guard than Tyson? I don't think so. I think that if Tyson adjusts some of his shot selection, he can be a play maker for others. All of our guards next year, have the ability to play both positions including, Tyson, Porter, Chaunce, and Qua. The can all play defense on large or small guards, pass, and perform multiple tasks.

Comment

• Tyson is a Donovan Mitchell type and I'm guessing he gets plenty of PG minutes next year, courtesy of IB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Is Grant Sherfield more of a Point Guard than Tyson? I don't think so. I think that if Tyson adjusts some of his shot selection, he can be a play maker for others. All of our guards next year, have the ability to play both positions including, Tyson, Porter, Chaunce, and Qua. The can all play defense on large or small guards, pass, and perform multiple tasks.
              Let’s just pretend for a second that everyone fulfills their potential next year and has the quickness and skill set to play up a position. 9 player rotation:

5 Udeze/Pohto
              4 Pleasant/McFarlane
              3 Council/Jackson
              2 Dennis/Etienne
              1 Etienne/Porter

Much more likely:

5 Udeze/McFarlane
              4 Pleasant/Jackson
              3 Dennis/Council
              2 Etienne/Qua
              1 Porter/Qua

edited to replace Jenkins with Jackson.
              Last edited by wufan; June 2, 2021, 05:57 PM.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Totally Agree!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Let’s just pretend for a second that everyone fulfills their potential next year and has the quickness and skill set to play up a position. 9 player rotation:

5 Udeze/Pohto
                  4 Pleasant/McFarlane
                  3 Council/Jenkins
                  2 Dennis/Etienne
                  1 Etienne/Porter

Much more likely:

5 Udeze/McFarlane
                  4 Pleasant/Jenkins
                  3 Dennis/Council
                  2 Etienne/Qua
                  1 Porter/Qua
                  Forgot Monzy Jackson

Comment

• nm
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• So I guess the question this raises in my mind is will HCIB's plan be to play Tyson more at the point along with Craig Porter. Personally, I like a scoring point guard as long as he isn't all about scoring. Having scoring threats at as many positions as possible is a good thing. Kind of sounds like Tyson's potential for a future spot in the NBA would be at the point. Might as well hone those skills before you get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

5 Udeze/Pohto
                        4 Pleasant/McFarlane
                        3 Council/Jenkins
                        2 Dennis/Etienne
                        1 Etienne/Porter

Much more likely:

5 Udeze/McFarlane
                        4 Pleasant/Jenkins
                        3 Dennis/Council
                        2 Etienne/Qua
                        1 Porter/Qua
                        Where does Monzi fit in?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          So I guess the question this raises in my mind is will HCIB's plan be to play Tyson more at the point along with Craig Porter. Personally, I like a scoring point guard as long as he isn't all about scoring. Having scoring threats at as many positions as possible is a good thing. Kind of sounds like Tyson's potential for a future spot in the NBA would be at the point. Might as well hone those skills before you get there.
                          I don't think that is a question. IB has literally said that it is the plan for Tyson to take minutes at the point alongside sg. In the Athletic article, IB says "Tyson will be a guy that will play a lot of point guard for us this year. He showed he could do it when [he] played the point for about 15 minutes in our game against Houston."
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Where does Monzi fit in?
                            In my opinion , I see Pleasant/M.Jackson competing for time at the power forward position. I see Udeze, McFarland, Pohto competing for time at the center position. But it is clear to me from looking at the videos that McFarland, and Pohto can also play the 4 position. What a nice problem for Coach IB to have. I am sure in time Coach will make the decision which is best for the team. Besides it doesn't matter who starts. What's important is what you do when you are on the court. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              So I guess the question this raises in my mind is will HCIB's plan be to play Tyson more at the point along with Craig Porter. Personally, I like a scoring point guard as long as he isn't all about scoring. Having scoring threats at as many positions as possible is a good thing. Kind of sounds like Tyson's potential for a future spot in the NBA would be at the point. Might as well hone those skills before you get there.
                              I think that we will be having two possible point guards on the court at the same time. The Raptors have Lowry and Fred in the game at the same time constantly (and they both barely push 6'). It's about who plays well off of the ball and on the ball. Tyson does both well, but his scoring is great. With the 30 second clock, the professional game isn't that much different from the college game depending on the offense. IB used a free lancing offense a lot last year, so if that's what he does again, Tyson will get plenty of chances to play the ball in his hands to make plays for himself or others ( IOW Point guard).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Forgot Monzy Jackson
                                I'm guessing he meant Jackson and not Jenkins as the backup 4 in the 2nd grouping.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X