Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • From what I see in Aargh’s table is that Stevenson took the most threes and had one of the worst percentages. He thought he was a go-to- guy and he really wasn’t.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

      Agreed. I just thought there might be a better thread in which to bring it up/discuss it.
      Agreed, but didn't take time to look for the perfect place.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

      A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

        Agreed, but didn't take time to look for the perfect place.
        it was fine. Often times there is overlap in these threads. all good imo.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shockm View Post

          That's the bottom line? Sounds pretty scientific to me and by the data. That isn't the bottom line and you don't believe in personal responsibility at all, do you? Some (you) will blame them for something 10 years from now. LOL

          Comment


          • Originally posted by calfan View Post
            From what I see in Aargh’s table is that Stevenson took the most threes and had one of the worst percentages. He thought he was a go-to- guy and he really wasn’t.
            Ya right. Didn't you see that list of schools he told us were coming after him hard when he announced his transfer?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
              Often times there is overlap in these threads.
              Understatement of the year!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Shockm View Post

                That's the bottom line? Sounds pretty scientific to me and by the data. That isn't the bottom line and you don't believe in personal responsibility at all, do you? Some (you) will blame them for something 10 years from now. LOL
                SMH

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dan View Post

                  SMH
                  Keep on blaming any Shocker problem on last years team. That’s lame. This years team had problems of its own.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Shockm View Post

                    Keep on blaming any Shocker problem on last years team. That’s lame
                    Pick a different fight, I’m not interested in your comments

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Pick a different fight, I’m not interested in your comments
                      Just keep on bringing up Past players to blame. Dumb

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Shockm View Post

                        Just keep on bringing up Past players to blame. Dumb
                        Scram

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by calfan View Post
                          From what I see in Aargh’s table is that Stevenson took the most threes and had one of the worst percentages. He thought he was a go-to- guy and he really wasn’t.
                          Last edited by jcdshocker; 6 days ago. Reason: He thought he was the go to guy. Legend in his own mind and Daddy’s

                          Comment


                          • I watched Josaphat and Tyson work out together in a voluntary shooting drill early last summer. It was an amazing workout as I described then. If Josaphat Bilau has continued to work with Tyson as hard as I witnessed last summer we are in for a treat! He is incredibly long to the tune of nearly 7'3" or better in wingspan. He is athletic and quick considering he is 6'10" tall. Plus, he was shooting the ball from range effectively (certainly not to Tyson's ability but very good). Given the previous and the ability of the coaching and strength staff we have a true diamond in the rough. With that and the confidence that our coaching staff will recruit an excellent point guard I'm getting extremely optimistic.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Signman View Post
                              I watched Josaphat and Tyson work out together in a voluntary shooting drill early last summer. It was an amazing workout as I described then. If Josaphat Bilau has continued to work with Tyson as hard as I witnessed last summer we are in for a treat! He is incredibly long to the tune of nearly 7'3" or better in wingspan. He is athletic and quick considering he is 6'10" tall. Plus, he was shooting the ball from range effectively (certainly not to Tyson's ability but very good). Given the previous and the ability of the coaching and strength staff we have a true diamond in the rough. With that and the confidence that our coaching staff will recruit an excellent point guard I'm getting extremely optimistic.
                              Somewhere on SN there's a video of Bilau making 12 consecutive unguarded 3's from different spots on the court. You can tell they're consecutive because there's no break in the video. They're unguarded, and that might be the only time he made 12 in a row on film, but who's going shoot 10 or 12 videos to show one great performance? Even if it was multiple filmings to show one result, how many 6'10" guys are going to make 12 in a row even if they're not guarded, no matter how many times they try?

                              Still unguarded (in drills), he's actually got a Tyrone Shoelace crossover and he can crossover-step back-hit a 3. In the Black/Yellow scrimmage he was struggling with technical details. On box outs, you could watch him going through the process in slow motion. Arm bar up to prevent the defender getting too close, turning and preventing penetration. Those were done so slowly that they would never have worked. After he had gone through the technical parts of the block out, his instincts with what to do when the rebound was in the air were solid.

                              He's raw, His skillset is likely to be a long way past his BBIQ, because he doesn't have 10 years of playing and coaching before he got here. Ceiling could be incredibly high. Potential NBA SF. But I thought Orukpe had NBA potential if he could have only improved in his last year the way I thought he had improved in practices the previous year.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

                              Comment


                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X