Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think it takes a year or three to know what a good shot is in a GM offense. TE will hopefully learn how to make winning plays on a consistent basis.
    It will be much easier to learn what a good shot is when the offense begins to produce more of them on a regular basis.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I had close to zero issues with the shots Tyson took last year. Like ShockerPrez, I hope this new crew is more willing to make the simple pass. If they do the offense should run much better.

One thing I’d like to see him do more often is attack the defense off the bounce.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        I had close to zero issues with the shots Tyson took last year. Like ShockerPrez, I hope this new crew is more willing to make the simple pass. If they do the offense should run much better.

One thing I’d like to see him do more often is attack the defense off the bounce.
        yep, between him and Dex we have some deadly shooting. We need both of them to add some mid range and attack the basket when it’s open.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            good article... high character.

Comment

• I think he is a keeper.

Comment

• Nice. Such an amazing young man and a great ambassador for WSU. High character indeed.

This is the kid that rose above all the noise this past year and stayed loyal to the program while some others were doing their best to cause friction. That's all you need to know about where the true issues were last season...

Comment

• He really does remind you of FVV from an attitude perspective. Has similarly high talent (though different skills) than FVV too!

Favorite player!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• He went into the hardest hit area of the hardest hit dity. The infection rate in Harlem was around 40%.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• When others left, why Etienne stayed at Wichita State: ‘I’m meant to be a Shocker’ - Wichita Eagle

BY TAYLOR ELDRIDGE
                      JUNE 18, 2020 05:55 AM

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...243624047.html

"The day after his dreams of playing in the NCAA Tournament were dashed by the abrupt ending of the season by the coronavirus pandemic, Tyson Etienne was dealt another blow when he learned the version of the Wichita State basketball team he envisioned making future March Madness runs with was breaking up.

Etienne was stunned along with Shocker fans when news broke that four scholarship players, most notably Jamarius Burton and Erik Stevenson, were planning their departures from the program by entering the NCAA transfer portal.

In a time when WSU faced uncertainty about what might come next, Etienne didn’t hesitate to provide the glimmer of hope for the Shockers. On the same day of the transfers, Etienne tweeted out his support of coach Gregg Marshall and assured fans he would be once again be splashing three-pointers inside of Koch Arena next season..

Months after his public declaration, Etienne explained to The Eagle why he remained committed to WSU during that time of uncertainty.

“I truly believe in the process and I believe I’m meant to be a Shocker,” Etienne said. “I’ve always believed in coach Marshall’s vision for his program and his vision for me. At that time, I felt like somebody had to step up and show support for coach. I respect their decisions to leave and I wish them the best of luck, but this is the program I believe in.”..."

Comment

• Tyson is the closest player (personality wise) maybe ever to Fred. He just has a different set of skills. He will be a favorite of many during his Shocker career.

Comment

• Tyson and Lomax would have been a nasty backcourt. Excited to see how him and Gilbert play together. If Wade improves his three point shot in the offseason Gilbert could be feeding three good to above average three point shooters in Etienne, Dennis, and Wade. Not to mention those three are willing passers themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Tyson and Lomax would have been a nasty backcourt. Excited to see how him and Gilbert play together. If Wade improves his three point shot in the offseason Gilbert could be feeding three good to above average three point shooters in Etienne, Dennis, and Wade. Not to mention those three are willing passers themselves.
                            Uh, I have seen nothing to be overwhelmed or excited about Lomax' game.

Comment

• I love Tyson! He is a true leader and a wise young man.

Not a fan of Matt Painter, but I think this quote from him regarding transfers is spot on:

"I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings, because I like the guys who have left my program. I like both of them. But transfers don't get drafted very much. It's a very, very small percentage," Painter said. "What I look at more than anything is embrace problems and embrace adversity and fight it. Don't run from it. When you run from it and your work ethic isn't at a high, high level like a Carsen Edwards or a Caleb Swanigan ... that's the one thing that's not gonna change.

"When you look at the people that have been here when Nojel's been here ... all those guys improved and then you didn't improve," Painter added. "He made a really good jump, Nojel, from his freshman to his sophomore year, and then he took a step back this year. ... Now you become the outlier. The other guys got better. The other guys improved."

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Uh, I have seen nothing to be overwhelmed or excited about Lomax' game.
                                Just my opinion but I think he would’ve been really good here. He plays hard on both ends and is really good at getting into the lane, putting pressure on the defense and making a play. Seems like a smart kid. I’m not a “Penny can’t coach” guy but I do think he would have benefited from being at WSU instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X