Wichita State (#23) at Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    We lost because we don't know how to play against a zone. If Tulsa would have played strictly man-to-man, it wouldn't have been a contest. Plus Tulsa would have had more fouls.
    Do you honestly believe that Marshall does not know how to attact a zone? Or are you saying our players are incapable of following his coaching? It looked, more often than not, just missed shots. many wide open, some not, but just missed shots. When would you expect ES, DD and TE to go 3-21 from 3?

Comment

• Does not know how

Comment

• We had a lot of really good looks from 3. We just couldn't hit anything.

Though should have adjusted after about the 20th 3

Comment

• I agree, it was as simple as terrible shooting that prevented us from winning by 10-20 points. Our D was awesome most of the game. Can’t shoot 19% from 3 at that massive quantity and beat many teams. Still think they should play 10-11 guys, with IPBC and NF and DG for fresh legs so we can make a run. What do you have to lose right?

We have a lot of games left, but shooting has to improve or we will be at the Not Invited Tournament (NIT) again this year.

Onward and Upward...live and learn. I still love these guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Do you honestly believe that Marshall does not know how to attact a zone? Or are you saying our players are incapable of following his coaching? It looked, more often than not, just missed shots. many wide open, some not, but just missed shots. When would you expect ES, DD and TE to go 3-21 from 3?
            This is not the only game that the 3 of them as a group have shot bad from 3. In the other 3 loses, they have gone 4-16 (West Virginia), 1-14 (Temple), and 4-13 (Houston).

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Yep, losing @ Tulsa is not a big deal but it was definitely a missed opportunity. The only game I’m still upset about was getting bent over by a bad Temple team. We have managed to remove our margin for error and will have to pick up a coin flip game or two at some point if we want to dance.
              the revenge game with Temple will tell us a lot about 3G as a coach. Does he make any adjustments or does he roll out the same stuff that got us beat and hope for a different result. You know for sure Temple will come here with the same pressure defense that folded us up like a cheap suit.

Comment

• ANYBODY can beat a zone it you shoot 50% from the outside. That ain't a plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

This is not the only game that the 3 of them as a group have shot bad from 3. In the other 3 loses, they have gone 4-16 (West Virginia), 1-14 (Temple), and 4-13 (Houston).
                  A team shoots poorly, they lose. It is such a simple game sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    ANYBODY can beat a zone it you shoot 50% from the outside. That ain't a plan.
                    Ok then what is YOUR plan

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Ok then what is YOUR plan
                      Gimme 3 and a half million, and I'll get you a plan.

Comment

• Curious why Poor Bear isn’t getting more minutes. Any ideas ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          We had a lot of really good looks from 3. We just couldn't hit anything.

Though should have adjusted after about the 20th 3
                          I thought HCGM had a good game plan the first half.
                          However, very little adjustments were made in the second half and WSU reverted to running the same couple of offensive sets almost the whole 20 minutes.
                          HCGM and his staff can't do anything about the wide open missed shots. There is a rule about eligible players on the floor and he isn't one of them.
                          The only thing is the adjustments made by HC Haith which were not countered by HCGM and staff. HC Haith is not known in the coaching circles as some genius. To be out coached by him would not be source of pride to announce to the world.

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• 3pt shooting tips - I tried this in my driveway and IT REALLY WORKS !!!
                            Except for the 1 airball that bounced over the fence into the alley.

Want basketball shooting tips to INSTANTLY increase your shooting range and accuracy so you can make more 3 point shots? This basketball tutorial will show y...
                            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                            - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

That comment was 6 minutes in. I’d give them D by the end too
                              My bad

Comment

• On the shot in the first half by ES that was ruled a 2 by the refs, when I said I thought it was a 3, I was only going by the announcers. They said it was Erik Stevenson's 40th 3-pt make of the season. I figured that since they only gave him a 2 that the announcers would have corrected their statement. But they never did.

When I looked back at that segment of the game, it was hard to tell at that camera angle. It looked like his left foot was behind the line, but his right foot might have been on the line. It would be nice if there was another camera angle. It seems like they have 2 or 3 camera angles whenever they review something like that. But since it wasn't reviewed, the referee must have seen an obvious foot on the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X