Wichita State (#23) at Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Thought this was a really cool clip, even though it came about because of an unfortunate loss for us. Joiner talks about hitting the game-winner in front of his father, who had largely not been in his son's life and watched him play for the first time on Saturday.

I'm happy for the kid. Divine Intervention... kinda makes you wonder.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Thought this was a really cool clip, even though it came about because of an unfortunate loss for us. Joiner talks about hitting the game-winner in front of his father, who had largely not been in his son's life and watched him play for the first time on Saturday.

Thanks for posting; I am happy for the young man and wish him all the best - until Tulsa plays the Shockers in Wichita.

Comment

• Here's the deal. What a difference a year makes. Tulsa is the big surprise in the AAC with mostly the same crew as last Season. I watched them finally even knock off Houston. We got 17 more shots than Tulsa so we win?Not so fast FSF. The Shocks were a dismal 6-31 on 3's? Ouch!!! Our defense was tough as nails, but in our losses, my biggest complaint has been we foul too much. In a road game with 13 lead changes, and 3 ties, the 13 more throw attempts for them sticks out like a sore thumb. On the other hand, the Shocks have the rock at the end with any score to win outright or no worse than OT and no chance in regulation to lose? Nope!!! Not this time. Yes, since JE was the only Shock having a good game, it appeared the plan was to dump a pass into him for the sure score. A problem short-circuited this good plan. JE was covered up like a cheap suit with Hurricanes. If instead, Burton shoots the ball, time expires. Burton made a tough shot earlier to give us this opportunity to win, and the rebound off the missed 3-point attempt from ES, so we can't blame him. Then, E. Joiner did the ole 3 step, spread your legs, off balance bomb, that seals the deal. He was having a career night anyway, and seemed to have no trouble getting the rock in his hero hands to seal the deal.

We all know a win at Tulsa would have been huge. The Shocks shooting woes are still a concern. ES several games back was on a roll that was very much need. Right now, he is struggling to make throws or field goals. DD struggled shooting in this game but I still want him on the floor. For the 3 point attempt that ES missed, I would have preferred TE who is our best 3 point shooter to take that shot, but he was on the bench not having a solid shooting night. I still preferred him or Grant S. to take that shot, knowing I have never made 1 thin dime coaching or giving advise baby!!!

It was great to see JE get a double/double with 15pts, and 10 boards. Mo took 2 charges, but in his 8 minutes he had 3 fouls and 0 rebounds or points. Late in the game with around under 7 minutes to play, JE was taken out to get a needed blow. Tulsa score 4 points before I could blink, and we got him right back in. Thus, we look back and see a few calls, a few mistakes just wishing we got that needed win. However, when we start shooting the ball better and quit fouling so often, we can still not get the bubble we are in burst, but rather finish strong as we did last Season when it counts the most. My opinions may not be great, but they are free of charge. TSK, TSK, TSK. Let's Dance my beloved Shockers!!!!!!!!!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Shoot just 40 % on wide open 3s and it's a double digit win

Should have just quoted me a couple days ago:

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
          Shoot like that and you deserve to lose.

That's the bad news and the good news.

If we just shoot slightly below average we win easily. They were mostly good shots to.

This team will be fine if it can get back to shooting like it is capable of. If it doesn't, it won't be very good. Simple as that.

Long term, I like this team. It has the potential to be Baylor next year. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it could.

Comment

Working...
          X