Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Who’s the worst?
    Me, then Kung, Steeleshocker, then you!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
      Shoot like that and you deserve to lose.

That's the bad news and the good news.

If we just shoot slightly below average we win easily. They were mostly good shots to.

This team will be fine if it can get back to shooting like it is capable of. If it doesn't, it won't be very good. Simple as that.

Long term, I like this team. It has the potential to be Baylor next year. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it could.
      What potential are you talking about, in regards to shooting? You mean the shooting when we were playing home patsies through the first 2 months of the year?

We are what we are at this point. We settle for tough shots instead of working the ball around for the easier ones.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Just got back from the game.. didn't read all of the thread but here's my observations..

We can't shoot for **** anymore. We shot horribly, and still almost won. That won't fly against the next few teams on the schedule.

Did the refs review anything? ES made what looked to be a clear 3 in the first half, they ruled it a 2 and didn't see them review it. In the second half Dexter had a shot blocked that looked like it was clearly a goal tend. Didn't see a review of that either. Refs weren't horrible but I think Tulsa had 12 fouls and I think 6 of them were on offense. Did they really only foul 6 times on defense? Probably not.

Student section was... Well I would have been embarrassed if I was a Tulsa fan. Besides the already mentioned getting in the players faces, they were flipping off the Shocker crowd section, at one point started chanting Maggie Marshall for some reason, had several vulgar chants, and then to top it off, they trampled one of their own fans during the court storm. Girl laid on the court for a couple minutes before being helped up. Solid class.

Other than that, good game by Tulsa. Made the plays they needed... We didn't
        ​​​​​
        ​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

It really wouldn't have mattered, assuming Joiner still makes his last second shot.
          Getting a shot up would have prevented it. They got 3.3 seconds because we got a violation. With a shot up, they don't get that because they have to rebound it.

Also they were very quick to put that extra time back up without the refs reviewing it

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Me, then Kung, Steeleshocker, then you!!!
            I forgot Pogo...he is a piece of work for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Who’s the worst?
              Don't ask me, I hate everyone.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Getting a shot up would have prevented it. They got 3.3 seconds because we got a violation. With a shot up, they don't get that because they have to rebound it.

Also they were very quick to put that extra time back up without the refs reviewing it
                No need to review. That was the diff between shot and game clocks at the start of the possession.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

No need to review. That was the diff between shot and game clocks at the start of the possession.
                  Fair enough, figured they would have verified it. But as stated in my other post, they weren't really reviewing anything. Still think we got shorted a point

Comment

• I thought the same thing on the Stevenson 3. Thought for sure he was behind the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                      This weekend is off to a crappy start. I had to say goodbye to my 17 year old dog yesterday, the old little fella's kidneys were giving out and he couldn't fight anymore. And today the Shockers lose in miserable fashion. If the Chiefs lose tomorrow, it'll be the worst weekend of my entire life
                      Sorry for your loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                        I thought the same thing on the Stevenson 3. Thought for sure he was behind the line.
                        Figured it would at least be reviewed. I looked at the ESPN feed just now and you can't see from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                          Shoot like that and you deserve to lose.

That's the bad news and the good news.

If we just shoot slightly below average we win easily.

This team will be fine if it can get back to shooting like it is capable of. If it doesn't, it won't be very good. Simple as that.
                          Pretty much on target, Top. Granted, the last 24 seconds could scarcely have been worse: a mysterious, to be generous, offensive possession -- it might be interesting to compare what was called with what actually took place -- followed by a no-defense Tulsa possession to undo what had been a pretty solid WSU defensive effort until then. And then, just for fun, the storming of the court to show what the Tulsa fans were actually expecting, notwithstanding their conference record coming in.

Still, when you shoot 38% (23% from three) in the first half -- and then go cold vs. that performance the rest of the way! -- bad stuff is likely to happen, and a costly loss is likely to ensue in an eminently winnable game. Shooting slumps happen now and then, and right now the Shocks are in one. They aren't a great shooting team, but they aren't this bad either, so things will probably get better -- but that's going to need to happen soon, or else Top's fears will be realized.

At this point I'd be quite content with a 24-7 (12-6 AAC) record, which would probably put WSU comfortably in the tournament. And if that happens, I'll be remembering the last time the Shocks finished 24-7 / 12-6 (which also didn't look for a while in mid-season as if it was going to happen) and hoping for the best.

Comment

Student section was... Well I would have been embarrassed if I was a Tulsa fan. Besides the already mentioned getting in the players faces, they were flipping off the Shocker crowd section, at one point started chanting Maggie Marshall for some reason, had several vulgar chants, and then to top it off, they trampled one of their own fans during the court storm. Girl laid on the court for a couple minutes before being helped up. Solid class.
                            Glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed.

At one point Lynn was PISSED and her and Maggie were taking to a person that was working for the arena/AD. I don’t know what it was that set them off, but I think Maggie was showing them one of those promotional squeeze balls or something. So I don’t know if someone threw something at them or not. They had to have a cop go sit near the bench in the second half.

They were also more interested in rubbing it in WSU fans’ faces vs celebrating with their team and fans. If they would have been near the stands, I wouldn’t have been surprised if some punches were thrown their way.

I remember them being similar two years ago too. On one hand, I give them props for them having some energy. Very similar to Creighton though; lots of rich private school kids that haven’t experienced the real world yet.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

A lot of Shockernet fans Loved what he did at UConn. Me included. Coaches might have gotten on him, but I like a cocky ES. He needs his swagger back.

wrong quote.
                              You don't showboat on an opponent's court. Period. The end. Winning the game is all the statement that needs to be made. I remember when some team beat the Shox on our court and slid across the WuShock at center court. WSU fans were PISSED!

If showboating is part of what makes a player good, then that player should be able to produce after showboating, and Stevenson has been a liability ever since that game.

It seems more likely that a player should show humility after his team gave up 9 points in 65 seconds, rather than showboating to the opposing team's fans after finally pulling out a win over a team tied for last in the league in double overtime.

A team contending for first place in the league shouldn't have a player showboating on the court after a double-overtime win over a team contending for last place in the league. That demonstrates a level of immaturity that isn't normally seen on a Marshall team. Stevenson certainly has not backed up his swagger since that game.

FVV had some swagger. He didn't point it out. He just had it. He didn't need to point it out to opponents. When he clowned an opponent, he just walked off the court. He didn't need to do anything he hadn't already done. Stevenson doesn't seem to share that attitude.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

This. All it takes to go to OT is to get a shot off.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X