Wichita State (#23) at Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
    This weekend is off to a crappy start. I had to say goodbye to my 17 year old dog yesterday, the old little fella's kidneys were giving out and he couldn't fight anymore. And today the Shockers lose in miserable fashion. If the Chiefs lose tomorrow, it'll be the worst weekend of my entire life
    A lot of Shockernet fans Loved what he did at UConn. Me included. Coaches might have gotten on him, but I like a cocky ES. He needs his swagger back.

wrong quote.

Comment

• Dan is the worst poster on Shockernet. His grammar is atrocious, his logic is that if a fourth grader and his vocabulary is strictly second team. He can't BS his way off the bench, IMO.
      Last edited by Shocker85; February 1, 2020, 09:42 PM.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I understand your concern. He is very strong going to the cup. But I really like how we played him in that last game last year. I thought JB and DD played pretty good defense on him. But as far as this year team goes, I don't think our problem has been on defense. I think many of us have more concern about our inconsistent offense. But I guess we see next Thursday.

A lot of teams look good when they are making shots. Not so good when they are missing.
        if this game is any indication, Cumberland won’t be the problem, it will be some random dude we’ve never heard of that lights us up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
          Dan is the worst poster on Shockernet. His grammar is atrocious, his logic is that if a fourth grade and his vocabulary is strictly second team. He can't BS his way off the bench, IMO.
          Wow, glad you’re so focused on my posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Wow, glad you’re so focused on my posts.
            I thiiiiink, he was giving you a taste of your own medicine. :)
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Dan is not the worst poster on here. Not even close.
              Is he frustrated after this loss?
              Oh yea, as is everyone else on here.

1) Please stop with the 'more AM minutes' juice. He is not an AAC player, has hands of stone and regressed to team mascot status.
              2) How many times has a HCGM team come up short on game winning possessions? Too many for my memory.
              Case in point today... WSU has a TO and then 19 seconds to get off a shot
              Doesn't happen.
              We know what happened at the other end.
              3) This team needs ET to hunt this shot and attack the rim more often. Relying on a 6'4" PF with decent, but not upper level athletics, to handle the job isn't going to cut it.
              4) For a team with much hyped low post depth, it sure isn't there.
              It has evolved into JE until he wears out... a few minutes from MU until he commits a couple of his now predictable silly ass fouls and a cameo appearance of AM.
              And PB?
              Not hard to figure out what the future holds there. Keep a close watch on the recruiting forum.
              5) This team had a full week to prepare for this game - a luxury that rarely occurs mid-season. And that's what they rolled out for all to witness?
              Not good.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• At this point, I am wondering what happened to the urgency? After UConn, I really felt we haven't been the same since, for the most part.

I am not entirely sure what is being coached up on offense anymore. We aren't moving the ball with purpose, or moving without the ball with purpose either.

And even if some are, definitely all are not as a unit, which is what needs to happen for Gregg Marshall offenses to be a thing of beauty.

The defense is still really good, and you know what?

You can never count out a team that plays amazing defense. We can still do that, we just need that offense to gel again.

Comment

• Oh yea...
                  Condolences to StR for the loss of his dog. 17 years is a long time to have in the family and then lose a dear friend.
                  Tough day for all, but even more so for StR.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• No, Dan is definitely not the worst poster. In fact, he's an awesome contributor.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Yikes! Just watched the replay. More than likely gonna take some heat for this but here goes anyways...

- we too short (especially at guard positions)
                      - we have no leapers (especially at the bigs position)
                      - recruiting not really improved moving to the AAC.
                      - offensive system - quoting GM earlier this season - "we're kind of a dinosaur" - is obviously easy to figure out how to shut down.

51 points. Really???

Great kids. They sure do try the damnest. I'm sick with flu.

GO CHIEFS!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
                        At this point, I am wondering what happened to the urgency? After UConn, I really felt we haven't been the same since, for the most part.

I am not entirely sure what is being coached up on offense anymore. We aren't moving the ball with purpose, or moving without the ball with purpose either.

And even if some are, definitely all are not as a unit, which is what needs to happen for Gregg Marshall offenses to be a thing of beauty.

The defense is still really good, and you know what?

You can never count out a team that plays amazing defense. We can still do that, we just need that offense to gel again.
                        I think teams have just figured us out and we haven’t adjusted, or don’t have the talent to overcome the adjustments. Our guards don’t like heavy pressure and they can’t really drive for the most part. We don’t have a true PG, just a collection of guys that can all kinda handle the ball and kinda shoot. Our defense is great, but we gotta score the ball to be a great team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                          The concerning part is that we have just completely quit improving since the Memphis win. This was supposed to be a better shooting team than last year, and we suck ass at hitting wide open shots. It is pretty deflating to watch.
                          Didn't we beat Memphis when they didn't have Jeffries? We play them there in 5 weeks. Jeffries is out for 4-6 weeks. Maybe we'll luck out and he'll still be out when we play them again.

Comment

• Shoot like that and you deserve to lose.

That's the bad news and the good news.

If we just shoot slightly below average we win easily. They were mostly good shots to.

This team will be fine if it can get back to shooting like it is capable of. If it doesn't, it won't be very good. Simple as that.

Long term, I like this team. It has the potential to be Baylor next year. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it could.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Totally agree. We had a lot of open shots and I mean a lot of open shots. And they missed them. You can not win a game when you miss so many open shotsl. I dont know why Burton just didnt take the pull up. He had the defender right where he needed him. The spin move cost him. The shocks let one slip away. The loss is on everybody.
                              It really wouldn't have mattered, assuming Joiner still makes his last second shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                No, Dan is definitely not the worst poster. In fact, he's an awesome contributor.
                                Who’s the worst?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X