X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Big if true
    The Owl

To honor Temple’s beginning as a night school for ambitious young people, the nocturnal owl was adopted as its mascot. The owl represents wisdom and knowledge and is known for being perceptive, resourceful and courageous. Hooter the Owl is a part of Temple’s Spirit Squad, making appearances at football and basketball games, alumni events and more. Each February, mascots from all over the city of Philadelphia come to Temple to celebrate Hooter's birthday at a home basketball game.

Temple University's more than 130-year history is rich with tradition, from the Owl, to the Temple “T,” to the fight song, Temple pride shines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Ohh, I don't think your wrong. Chris Jans was the only guy that could talk him to playing it occasionally it seems.
      Coach Jans was not a fan of zones in my opinion. I had a few discussions with him about this and if anything he (Chris J.) is a man to man guy primarily.

Comment

• Georgia vs TN just now getting under way - hope it doesn't run late

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post

Coach Jans was not a fan of zones in my opinion. I had a few discussions with him about this and if anything he (Chris J.) is a man to man guy primarily.
            While that may be true, it is also true that in some match ups he pretty much insisted that WSU should play zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
              Hooter the Owl is a part of Temple’s Spirit Squad, making appearances at football and basketball games, alumni events and more.
              No kiddin? I just thought that word was Alabamanese for "I will".
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• the shockers are playing a game on the east coast and the game starts at 8:00 pm central.. that sucks azz.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                  the shockers are playing a game on the east coast and the game starts at 8:00 pm central.. that sucks azz.
                  6 PM over here. ;)

Comment

• JB will lead the team to Victory with a lot of help from his friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

While that may be true, it is also true that in some match ups he pretty much insisted that WSU should play zone.
                      You would have to ask Coach Jans to be certain. He might have insisted on zone under his own basket, other than that, based on my conversations with him I would guess not. OTH, I am not CJ and I don't speak for him. His ability to insist with HCGM would not be productive in any case!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

FIFY
                        While Cosby attended Temple and Chaney coached at Temple (many years later), they are vastly different men.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Ole John had just a 'smidgen' of a temper...

And thus did Calipari begin his reputation.

One did not want to mess with Chaney. Players (even his own), opponents, refs, and so on. That "attitude" was eventually his undoing, but what the he*l, he was already in his 70s.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Another great GIF possibility.
                            Can't remember how I got the last one inline, and I don't have time to figure this one out, so here's the link
                            Watch and share Basketball GIFs on Gfycat

Comment

Working...
                            X