• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyingWheat
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Another great GIF possibility.
    Can't remember how I got the last one inline, and I don't have time to figure this one out, so here's the link
    Watch and share Basketball GIFs on Gfycat

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Ole John had just a 'smidgen' of a temper...

And thus did Calipari begin his reputation.

One did not want to mess with Chaney. Players (even his own), opponents, refs, and so on. That "attitude" was eventually his undoing, but what the he*l, he was already in his 70s.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

FIFY
    While Cosby attended Temple and Chaney coached at Temple (many years later), they are vastly different men.

Leave a comment:

• Signman
    replied
    Originally posted by Topshock View Post

While that may be true, it is also true that in some match ups he pretty much insisted that WSU should play zone.
    You would have to ask Coach Jans to be certain. He might have insisted on zone under his own basket, other than that, based on my conversations with him I would guess not. OTH, I am not CJ and I don't speak for him. His ability to insist with HCGM would not be productive in any case!

Leave a comment:

• 60Shock
    replied
    JB will lead the team to Victory with a lot of help from his friends.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    the shockers are playing a game on the east coast and the game starts at 8:00 pm central.. that sucks azz.
    6 PM over here. ;)

Leave a comment:

• another shocker
    replied
    the shockers are playing a game on the east coast and the game starts at 8:00 pm central.. that sucks azz.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
    Hooter the Owl is a part of Temple’s Spirit Squad, making appearances at football and basketball games, alumni events and more.
    No kiddin? I just thought that word was Alabamanese for "I will".

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied
    Originally posted by Signman View Post

Coach Jans was not a fan of zones in my opinion. I had a few discussions with him about this and if anything he (Chris J.) is a man to man guy primarily.
    While that may be true, it is also true that in some match ups he pretty much insisted that WSU should play zone.

Leave a comment:

• Arizona Shocker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    Georgia vs TN just now getting under way - hope it doesn't run late

Leave a comment:

• Signman
    replied
    Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Ohh, I don't think your wrong. Chris Jans was the only guy that could talk him to playing it occasionally it seems.
    Coach Jans was not a fan of zones in my opinion. I had a few discussions with him about this and if anything he (Chris J.) is a man to man guy primarily.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker1976
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Big if true
    The Owl

To honor Temple’s beginning as a night school for ambitious young people, the nocturnal owl was adopted as its mascot. The owl represents wisdom and knowledge and is known for being perceptive, resourceful and courageous. Hooter the Owl is a part of Temple’s Spirit Squad, making appearances at football and basketball games, alumni events and more. Each February, mascots from all over the city of Philadelphia come to Temple to celebrate Hooter's birthday at a home basketball game.

Temple University's more than 130-year history is rich with tradition, from the Owl, to the Temple “T,” to the fight song, Temple pride shines.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by ABC View Post
    Temple got their mascot name, the Owls, because they had a lot of night students.
    Big if true

Leave a comment:

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

I had avoided this subject till you brought FVV into it.

FVV was the Freshman who learned in the Final Four what it was like to handle the ball against a press when fouls were being let go. That was when Malcolm was out with 4 fouls. If he could go back, Coach Marshall would have done more to prepare him for that situation.

Coach left Grant in the game, up only a few points, on the road, getting hacked over and over again. This was the perfect time in his development to expose him to that. Grant will be better prepared having gone though it come tourney time than FVV was.
    I’ve had people ask me why Sherfield didn’t get yanked while he was struggling to make his way through the mugging. When I reminded them that 3G is always several steps ahead and was coaching the kid up for March rather than to just win the game, it was like a light turned on and they finally seemed to understand. I hadn’t even considered the FVV angle, but it fits the same narrative.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X