No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Temple Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no doubt we’ll see the best version of Temple tonight.

Comment

We haven't had great luck @Temple it seems like ... so I'm not extremely confident. This team has surprised me so far though .. so who knows

Comment

My only concern is foul trouble. Temple will bull rush the lane over and over again to try to get to the free throw line. We have a tendency to foul a lot. I expect an ugly game and Jamie to be on the bench much more than we want. Hope we can knock down shots to counter their strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          I have no doubt we’ll see the best version of Temple tonight.
          Agreed. They've played terrible lately and are trending downward. But they'll always get up for yet another ranked WSU team coming into their house. It's so amusing how we pull the weight around in this conference now.

I just hope we've learned how to handle a press and adjust when necessary. I understand wanting to have the ball in Sherfield's hands late in the UConn game because of FT shooting, but clearly that plan wasn't working because a.) the refs were garbage and not calling fouls b.) we were turning it over at will. Act like the superior team and put a freaking game away for once.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

but clearly that plan wasn't working
            Reminds me of having a freshman inbound the ball with the game on the line!

Comment

Whatever happened to that kid? I hope he went on and had a good life.
              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

What plan would you draw up if the opposition is allowed to press and foul without repercussion? Sounds like a difficult task.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  What plan would you draw up if the opposition is allowed to press and foul without repercussion? Sounds like a difficult task.
                  I brought up the fouling and it was bad. But even so, there are better ball handlers or players with slightly more experience out there. The problem with Grant is when he received the ball, he either stopped and froze with it, or was doing too much north and south and not enough east and west. PASS the ball. I wouldn't have minded it in ES's hands either if free throws were apart of the equation.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I brought up the fouling and it was bad. But even so, there are better ball handlers or players with slightly more experience out there. The problem with Grant is when he received the ball, he either stopped and froze with it, or was doing too much north and south and not enough east and west. PASS the ball. I wouldn't have minded it in ES's hands either if free throws were apart of the equation.
                    I'm not trying to defend what anyone did as perfect and that everything was the refs fault. That wasn't reality. Who on the team do you think is a better ball-handler in that situation? I have sometimes been critical of Sherfield because I think the ball often sticks in his hands and we don't run good offense. Not uncommon for a freshman. But I also started to give him credit that the ball really sticks in his hands, and he's often at his best when he has a jumbled court with 3 dudes chasing him.

Comment

I'm not trying to defend what anyone did as perfect and that everything was the refs fault. That wasn't reality. Who on the team do you think is a better ball-handler in that situation? I have sometimes been critical of Sherfield because I think the ball often sticks in his hands and we don't run good offense. Not uncommon for a freshman. But I also started to give him credit that the ball really sticks in his hands, and he's often at his best when he has a jumbled court with 3 dudes chasing him.
                      Maybe there wasn't a better ball handler but maybe a better decision maker with more experience. Again, he was doing ok considering the mugging that was going. But for God's sake, if they aren't gonna call fouls after multiple attempts, then PASS the ball.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Maybe there wasn't a better ball handler but maybe a better decision maker with more experience. Again, he was doing ok considering the mugging that was going. But for God's sake, if they aren't gonna call fouls after multiple attempts, then PASS the ball.
                        This is where I’m at. As much BS was going on with the non-calls, you have to adjust to how things are being called (or not called). Grant seemed to allow himself to get in a bad situation. Either picking up his dribble and not finding an outlet or dribbling into a trap. Quick passes are what breaks a press.

Comment

Sometimes there are limits to how much you can adjust if you are still trying to stay within the rules.

Comment

Throat chop, roundhouse, left, left, punch, jump.
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Throat chop, roundhouse, left, left, punch, jump.
                              That is the art of Dan Mullerism. Jackie was his top pupil.

Comment

I have faith in Sherfield moving forward. Try to pressure him Temple, I dare you.

Comment

Working...
                                X