No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Temple Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If defense does indeed travel, we should control this game and have no problem ending this short road trip undefeated. But as everyone has pointed out, the Owls are ripe for a win and we’re their Super Bowl and we could have a let down after last week’s two tough games. Mortal coaches would have a tough time ensuring the team doesn’t have a let down but 3G just isn’t mortal. This definitely could go either way and I imagine will be a close one but I’m convinced the Shox have what it takes to prevail.

Comment

Coach Norman Dale. If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
        Coach Norman Dale. If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners.
        I will not make snarky post about how it impacts our metrics.

Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Throat chop, roundhouse, left, left, punch, jump.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

There were less than 4400 people at the game when Houston went to Philly last week; it might not be too crazy there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
              There were less than 4400 people at the game when Houston went to Philly last week; it might not be too crazy there tonight.
              I looked at the Temple site and they said it is like a morgue at the games. We'll find out soon.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Ah crap, it's happening again ...

refresh, refresh, refresh ... is it 8pm yet?
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

There'll be a decent crowd because the Shocks are ranked.

Sherfield played about average, by his standards, against UConn on the road. Loved the "and-one" in OT against Akok. Strong.

Comment

Asbjorn Midtgaard agrees.

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
                      That might had something to do with school not in session and them missing a bunch of college students in the stands. Not sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        Because the Shockers are so good this year, Philadelphia 76ers have invited the entire team to try out. At least I think that's why they are in their practice facility.

Looks cold
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Agreed. They've played terrible lately and are trending downward. But they'll always get up for yet another ranked WSU team coming into their house. It's so amusing how we pull the weight around in this conference now.

I just hope we've learned how to handle a press and adjust when necessary. I understand wanting to have the ball in Sherfield's hands late in the UConn game because of FT shooting, but clearly that plan wasn't working because a.) the refs were garbage and not calling fouls b.) we were turning it over at will. Act like the superior team and put a freaking game away for once.
                          In a normal game, Sherfield would have been going to the line every time he was getting bumped and whacked.

Comment

Temple of Doom = 64

WuShock Jones ("I hate Owls") = 69

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Wow. I need to brush up on my history. Temple has a very storied basketball history. 5th all time in wins. Wow

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                Wow. I need to brush up on my history. Temple has a very storied basketball history. 5th all time in wins. Wow
                                Always liked coach John Chaney.

Comment

Working...
                                X