No announcement yet.

Wichita State (#23) at Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cbs broadcast today had little but incessant going back and forth and seemingly trying to out shout the other drove me nuts. Turned the sound down and listened to MK. The game was the same but my anxiety level dropped perhaps because I didn't have two NE types of coaches trying to yell the game. I believe Hurley got more camera time than most of the people actually playing the game. The man looked to be in some kind of intense gastro related ailment. UGonn has some nice pieces and will be good later this year if not then next. Might be best to remember if there is 17 seconds on the shot clock and up by nine with 1 minute nine on the clock we probably don't need a dagger three attempt but run some time, but thats just me. More excitement than I needed today but a win on the road is always good. Go Shox Oh. By the way I thought the calling of the game pretty well sucked.

Comment

• UConn head coach Dan Hurley talks to the media after the tough double OT loss to Wichita State on January 12, 2020.

Danny

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

sounds

Sounds like they hate everything about him, including his haircut.
        They probably really hate the fact that WSU finishes the overall series with UConn at 4-2 and Erik was a big reason for the punking.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Wichita State Shockers men's basketball coach Gregg Marshall talks to the media after his team beat the UConn Huskies in double overtime on January 12, 2020.

HCGM

Comment

• GGG

Wichita State Shockers men's basketball coach Gregg Marshall talks to the media after his team beat the UConn Huskies in double overtime on January 12, 2020.

oops, posted too late

Comment

• Also, with all the bad takes in the last few pages AFTER securing the win, no way I'm reading this whole thread.

So, I'll just say, as one who has (and will) staunchly defended Burton and his FT shooting, he has got to make one of those at the end to put it away. No doubt about it.

Overall, good shooting from the Shox when they could get there today.

Comment

• ETN played the most minutes. I wouldn't have guessed that

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Geez Danny...... "It's year 2 of a rebuild and you lose some tough games now and not get blown out".

Um, we're in year 2 of a COMPLETE rebuild Dan. We don't have 2 fourth year burger boys to rely on night in and night out, like you and your rebuild. You must suck balls. (banging my bald head with 3 fingers)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Also, with all the bad takes in the last few pages AFTER securing the win, no way I'm reading this whole thread.

So, I'll just say, as one who has (and will) staunchly defended Burton and his FT shooting, he has got to make one of those at the end to put it away. No doubt about it.

Overall, good shooting from the Shox when they could get there today.
                    I didn't mention it but I'm glad you did.

He wanted the ball in that situation and he hit some clutch shots throughout the game. But if you want the ball in that situation, you better effing find a way to make 1 out of 2 damn free throws.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Was it my imagination or did he appear a bit misty-eyed a couple times?

Comment

• And, somebody dun screwed up and went and pissed off Dexter Dennis.

I don't know who did it. But I can think of 352 teams who think it was a bad idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Did man bun warrant anything?
                          Both players are loved by their fans and hated by the opposing team fan.

Comment

• UCON fan is biches. ​

Comment

• We definitely need to be more consistent with our free throws. Today I thought we did really good. Burton is a pretty darn good finisher around the basket and he is going to draw fouls so it’s important that he becomes more consistent. He has a nice touch, let’s hope he and Morris do because we’ll have a few more of these type of games where it will come down to free throws.

Comment

• We also had one or two Shockernetters who were ready to give up on Dexter. I’m not looking it up to remember, but that would have been a big mistake. He’s a fine kid in addition to being a very good basketball player. Things are lookin up Dexter. Nice job.

Comment

Working...
                                X