Wichita State (#23) vs Memphis (#21) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Listened to some of Marshall’s presser. I love the guy, but I would be so frustrated as a media member trying to get real insight on strategy or a quote deeper than “We played hard, they’re a great team, we want this type of guy in our program,” etc. from him. He never offers anything and his quotes all seem to be the same.
    I saw the postgame press conference too and I thought Marshall looked agitated or something. Almost as if we lost the game. I agree it would be pretty frustrating. He never really expounded beyond 1 or 2 sentences for anything. Normally, he's in a better mood after a win. Especially a big win.

Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Actually it did.
      EC5F7A65-F56A-43C3-AB93-1EAE5D49C94A.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
        Interesting to hear Penny talk about JB and the difference in game planning him from last year to last night.
        I thought Penny was very good in his press conference. And Memphis is only going to get better as the season progresses. Hopefully, that will be the case with the Shockers as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Penny actually did an excellent job in this post game. Had some good content.
          i LIKE Penny...but I REALLY like Miller...loved him as a player as well...

Comment

• Do you know what we're arguing here?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I saw the postgame press conference too and I thought Marshall looked agitated or something. Almost as if we lost the game. I agree it would be pretty frustrating. He never really expounded beyond 1 or 2 sentences for anything. Normally, he's in a better mood after a win. Especially a big win.
              Do you have a link to this?
              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Do you have a link to this?

Comment

• Jmamarius Burton's post-game radio interview:

Comment

• I've seen the radio show post game but I want to see the actual press conference for Marshall and the players. KWCH showed a little bit of ES and ETN during their portion of the presser and it really piqued my interest. I can't get enough of ESs attitude.
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      Jamarius Burton = Fred Van Baker
                      I'd say more of a Ron Armstead. Fred was on another level with his ball handling and control of a game. Jamarius has a very similar bull rush type drive that Malcolm had and a defensive tenacity of Ron Baker.

Comment

I've seen the radio show post game but I want to see the actual press conference for Marshall and the players. KWCH showed a little bit of ES and ETN during their portion of the presser and it really piqued my interest. I can't get enough of ESs attitude.
                        It is in this Eagle game article: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...239142963.html

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Thanks. I don't have a sub to the Eagle so I can't see that, but that's the one I want. I wonder why WSU doesn't post those to youtube like most P5,6,7 schools do.

Comment

Do you know what we're arguing here?
                            About going from leading by 19pts down to 3 pt lead?

With 12:02 left we led 56-37

Closest they got was with 3:17 left and that was when we led 66-60

I thought it had gotten lower than that also. But it doesnt look like it did.

Or maybe I am mistaken what you guys were arguing about. If so, carry on lol

Edit: Now in the 1st half we let a 13 pt lead get down to 3 I believe.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Marshall definitely seemed jacked up, he wasn’t letting the reporters finish a question before answering. He didn’t strike me as any more or less informative or coach-speaky than .01.

Comment

• RH: THREE-POINTERS --- WICHITA STATE 76 - MEMPHIS 67

Wichita State's scout team can't match Memphis' size and athletic ability. Coach Gregg Marshall gave his backups some advantages to help prepare for Thursday's game.

The Shockers practiced 4-on-3 on both ends of the court. When the defense had the man-advantage it created the feeling of pressure that Memphis can bring with its superior athletes.

To stress Wichita State's defense, one drill gave the offense a head start on a fast break by giving it the ball at half court to force defenders to hustle back and organize.

Grant Sherfield played 31 minutes, 30 seconds without a turnover.

The Shockers (14-1, 2-0) opened the game with a 17-4 lead. They closed the game with a key offensive rebound by Trey Wade, free throws and execution.

In between, they never trailed. The crowd roared at every dunk, defensive stop and three-pointer. The fans watching on ESPN2 got a great look at Shocker basketball.

Wichita State's defense provided a reality check for the Tigers.

They handled Memphis' pick and roll. They forced the Tigers into contested jump shots and kept the ball away from their most dangerous scorers for long stretches.

Comment

Working...
                                X