Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
    A lot of great takes already...

To beat an already dead horse... I’ve never in my life seen someone so confidently miss free-throws than MU. That young man couldn’t drop the ball into a black-hole while getting sucked through it.
    Hoping that JBs mother sends Mo a text.

Comment

• A great win. Not as pretty as we want but an ugly win I will take over a pretty loss. Lots of vitriol here for a home win against a ranked opponent on national tv. Let’s enjoy this and get up for Ugone Go Shox

Comment

• Good Win! But more work on ft's. Go Shocks!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Can't quote everyone but the comments from Kel Varnsen molly jabali and Cdizzle are outstanding.

Re-watched the game this morning. You could find a ton to complain about and I'm sure film will cover those in detail.

Those young men in black just willed the Shocks to a win. Memphis played HARD. I heard Penny say they forgot to play their game at times. You know what? A really fantastic defensive effort and outstanding game plan preparation and 10000 screaming fans will have an impact on what you want to do. Control the controlables, but it's not always just about what you want to do. Our guys imposed their will on the Tigers with effort, preparation and tenacity.

Look no further than 20 minutes after the game. We hung around to let the crowd thin out and visit with a few people. Tyson came out as Jamarius was finishing his interview and WENT TO WORK. He walked out, took off his jersey and started working on his shot, with 2 managers in tow.

Without a doubt the biggest game of his career so far. One of the best games of his college career, if not his best. 24 minutes of at least a Sweet16 caliber game against the most talent any of our guys have ever seen at one time. 11 points, 40% from 3, 4 boards, 1 assist, 4 steals and ELITE defense all night. And this young man gets up 50 corner 3s (making about 75% at least) before I GET TIRED and leave and he moves on to the next spot.

PLAY ANGRY is 100% BACK and he's a little miffed. And I'm loving every minute of it. This team is SO fun to watch and support. GO SHOCKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Love listening to Jamarius being interviewed, the dude is a natural and a professional.
            Yeah for sure.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
                  Great game for tv. Crowd was outstanding! Kudos to everyone who made it sound so good on tv. Memphis played an ok game, I thought. Don't know if it was our D, but if they make a couple of 3balls it could very well have been much tighter, or even turned the score around. I still think MU has a kink in his free throw shooting-right elbow just prior to extension and release. Sometimes they go in I guess. Memphis' PA is a fun player to watch. A Lomax is a big help as well. They certainly weren't healthy 100%, so the return game will be balls out. Nice to see some positives from DD on the O side. Win and advance. Great game Shox!
                  True on their making a couple of three's to make it closer, but we missed 2 dunks and Sherfield missed a point-blank layup.

Comment

• Jamarius Burton = Fred Van Baker
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      Erstwhile Shocker Lomax is a good enough player and a remarkable rebounder for his size -- but I wouldn't trade Burton, Sherfield, or Etienne for him, which is basically WSU's rotation, loosely defined, at his position. Six turnovers and five fouls to go with four assists didn't exactly help his team's cause.
                      I think Lomax would have been a better player is he was coached by Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        Jamarius Burton = Fred Van Baker
                        STOP THAT

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
                          Headed to pregame now, I would just like to preemptively say: announcers suck, the refs suck, .01 sucks, Lomax sucks, missing FT's sucks, in-game promotions suck . . . more to come.
                          nailed it

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Listened to some of Marshall’s presser. I love the guy, but I would be so frustrated as a media member trying to get real insight on strategy or a quote deeper than “We played hard, they’re a great team, we want this type of guy in our program,” etc. from him. He never offers anything and his quotes all seem to be the same.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• anybody got a link to Penny's presser?

Comment

• Shout-out to Echinique and Sherfield for missing a dunk and a layup to take the spotlight off of Dex's missed dunk. Great move of solidarity. True teammates.

Comment

Working...
                                X