• Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shocknroll33 View Post
        Anyone else wake up full mast today? Lol....lets Rock these punks
        It's gonna be fun tonight!!!!

Comment

• This game is going to be really big. I just hope with all the hype, etc that our guys do not get too emotional. The place will be jumping. But our guys just need to focus, follow Coach's game plan, and execute and they have a good chance to win. I always remember Fred's qoute about the chickenhawk game. "I try not to get to emotional because then you get outside your body. I need to keep level head so I can help my team win" Go Shocks.

Comment

• Per Jay Bilas, Memphis turns the ball over on 22% of its possessions. This fact, combined with our defensive strength could be a key to our scoring. We gotta capitalize on the turnovers and then slow them down to play half court offense.

Comment

• it's Thursday, bitches

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by bighouse View Post
                  We open as a 4 point favorite.
                  Up to 6 points now

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

What Penny said about the AP poll was right. There is no way Memphis should have dropped 11 spots for losing to Georgia. Heck if Georgia had played smarter last night they would have beat Kentucky. Oh wait didn't they lose to a Missouri Valley team at home. How many spots did they drop? How many games does Ohio State, Texas Tech, and other so-called power 5 teams have to lose before they are out of the rankings? Well at least they kicked UNC out after they had 5 losses. Progress is being made.
                    My thoughts on the big drop is just a reaction to the Wiseman news that he was leaving the program for the NBA. The pollsters couldn't drop them when it was first reported because Memphis continued to win. But as soon as they got a loss, they were going to drop several spots. The fact they lost at home really tells you all you need to know about the pollsters and what they think of Memphis and Penny.

Comment

• Penny is girl name. What? And Precious is girl name. Whattt?? Is this Memis team big joking?

Welcome girls to Koch Roundhouse get ready for heavy sad night.

Thanks is Joerg

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

My thoughts on the big drop is just a reaction to the Wiseman news that he was leaving the program for the NBA. The pollsters couldn't drop them when it was first reported because Memphis continued to win. But as soon as they got a loss, they were going to drop several spots.
                        Yep. This is the reason. If you get ranked highly because of nothing but recruiting rankings, don't be mad about getting dropped when those recruits aren't on the team.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see how our young guards handle the size and length of the Tigers and their press. I re-watched the Ole Miss game last night and there were times that our guys still lofted lazy passes that were close to being picked off. That won't cut it against the Tigers who are much more athletic and probably more so than anybody we've faced yet. WVU had the bigs but I don't think their guards were nearly what we'll see tonight. I'm not sure Memphis has come up against a defense quite as good as the Shox but on the same hand, I'm not sure we've faced an offense anything like what the Tigers bring to CKA. And I sure would like to see our bigs be more aggressive under the basket when they get the ball, especially Mo. He seems to always hesitate before going to the basket and he's not the greatest leaper. Don't think he has much of a vertical because it sure seems his shots get swatted away quite a bit down in the lane. The Memphis bigs will swallow Mo, and AM for that matter, should he get in the game, with their timidity in the lane and in traffic. And for God's sake, pass the ball out to the open shooter you guys, especially when the defense collapses on you in the lane!

Comment

My thoughts on the big drop is just a reaction to the Wiseman news that he was leaving the program for the NBA. The pollsters couldn't drop them when it was first reported because Memphis continued to win. But as soon as they got a loss, they were going to drop several spots. The fact they lost at home really tells you all you need to know about the pollsters and what they think of Memphis and Penny.
                            Yah, it's a big blow to a team expected to win the national championship (per their coach) to lose to an SEC anklebiter at home.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Just hope the team doesn't come out too jacked up in their first *big* game and players start going away from what makes them good by playing hero ball and forcing things. If we stay under control and run our offense, then good things will happen.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It will be interesting to see how our young guards handle the size and length of the Tigers and their press. I re-watched the Ole Miss game last night and there were times that our guys still lofted lazy passes that were close to being picked off. That won't cut it against the Tigers who are much more athletic and probably more so than anybody we've faced yet. WVU had the bigs but I don't think their guards were nearly what we'll see tonight. I'm not sure Memphis has come up against a defense quite as good as the Shox but on the same hand, I'm not sure we've faced an offense anything like what the Tigers bring to CKA. And I sure would like to see our bigs be more aggressive under the basket when they get the ball, especially Mo. He seems to always hesitate before going to the basket and he's not the greatest leaper. Don't think he has much of a vertical because it sure seems his shots get swatted away quite a bit down in the lane. The Memphis bigs will swallow Mo, and AM for that matter, should he get in the game, with their timidity in the lane and in traffic. And for God's sake, pass the ball out to the open shooter you guys, especially when the defense collapses on you in the lane!
                                yes, the bigs have to be quick and decisive. Slow movements, double pumps, and slowly backing guys down won't cut it against Memphis.

Comment

Working...
                                X