Wichita State vs Memphis Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    Hope I don’t regret getting row 34 seats. I’ll probably have the seat behind a pole.
    My season tickets used to be in the last row. It was actually really nice because I could stand whenever I wanted and I had a place to set my coat. Thankfully, the seats were not behind a pole or a Pole.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
      Pennys isn't much better.

What Penny said about the AP poll was right. There is no way Memphis should have dropped 11 spots for losing to Georgia. Heck if Georgia had played smarter last night they would have beat Kentucky. Oh wait didn't they lose to a Missouri Valley team at home. How many spots did they drop? How many games does Ohio State, Texas Tech, and other so-called power 5 teams have to lose before they are out of the rankings? Well at least they kicked UNC out after they had 5 losses. Progress is being made.

Comment

Interesting quotes from Marshall in his presser regarding the blackout. Clearly, the marketing department did not check with him about the team wearing black and he seemed a little vexed by it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

This is a decent analogy however its not exactly as black and white as this. Fred's a superstar dont get me wrong but Penny has been a basketball household name for over 20 years.
            yes, but as far as local media and fanboy love it would be similar. Give Fred another 10 years in the NBA and he may be up there.

Comment

Hopefully it’s Gameday UNI loud. My ears were ringing after that one.

Comment

This is a decent analogy however its not exactly as black and white as this. Fred's a superstar dont get me wrong but Penny has been a basketball household name for over 20 years.
                But which one was not drafted and has an nba championship? FVV ALL DAY IMO!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

I was wondering the same thing.
                    He maynot be worried about shockers but he went to sleep on Georgia

Comment

All that matters is Fred is a household name in the state of Kansas, and will remain so for many many more years. Ask the Chickens... No?

But I see where you're coming from...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

All that matters is Fred is a household name in the state of Kansas, and will remain so for many many more years. Ask the Chickens... No?

But I see where you're coming from...
                        Guarantee you Mason remembers him.
                        Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          The Daily Memphian? WTF is a Memphian???

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

The Daily Memphian? WTF is a Memphian???
                            Shot in the dark here but maybe Memphian = Wichitan?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Shot in the dark here but maybe Memphian = Wichitan?
                              Now that's just crazy talk!

Comment

The next FIVE games are going to be tougher than what we have faced thus far with the exception of WV. Personally,
                                I will be happy if we can win three of them. Winning four would really be great but I'm doubtful of that. I have made a
                                prediction every game thus far and have the same record as the team. I wish I was getting better vibes about
                                tomorrow night but for some reason I am not and I usually go with my gut rather than my heart. Having said that I'm not
                                sure a little slump the next five games might not be a positive for us in the longer run. When I say little I mean only
                                winning a couple of those next five. I think we lose tomorrow night and split the next four after that followed by a strong
                                finish due to our depth, talent and experience gained along the way. Come and get me but that is just the feeling I am
                                getting. Just remember I am one of the few that predicted 24 W's when most were hoping for 18-22 at the beginning.
                                Memphis 73-68. Even if we win I'd be surprised if we didn't have an emotional letdown Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X