Wichita State vs Memphis Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

They punished Wiseman for it, thankfully, and he quit college basketball because of it. Don't think the NCAA is a huge fan of Penny and Memphis at this point after they pulled their little stunt.
    Wiseman? How about Memphis? How about Memphis' biggest booster; Penny?

Didn't the NCAA "negotiate" with Penny after he KNOWINGLY played a player who was at the time ineligible (his little stunt); just sit him until the 9th and then Memphis can have him back on the court? No?

Penny's been running hog-wild across the NCAA map... He'll be gone in 2 years... Nothing cynical about it, and certainly no great innate insight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Wiseman? How about Memphis?

Didn't the NCAA "negotiate" with Penny after he KNOWINGLY played a player who was at the time ineligible (his little stunt); just sit him until the 9th and then Memphis can have him back on the court? No?

Penny's been running hog-wild across the NCAA map... He'll be gone in 2 years...
      The NCAA has seemed to go a little easier on this stuff lately, especially if it's obvious that a representative of the university is not giving some kid cash (solely) to play basketball somewhere, although I agree that's part of the equation here.

I agree that Penny will be out of college basketball sooner rather than later.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Unrestrained and out it in the open. Ray Charles could see it...

WSU (Lomax), Jefferies and Kentucky, Ellis and Duke. "Financial aid" for Wisemann. I'm sure I'm leaving someone out.

The NCAA appears to be one of Penny's biggest fans'.
        Ryan Boyce originally committed to UAB

Comment

Comment

Hope I don’t regret getting row 34 seats. I’ll probably have the seat behind a pole.

Comment

Interesting interview with Tyler Harris. Especially at the 2:00 mark

Comment

Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
                Interesting interview with Tyler Harris. Especially at the 2:00 mark
                God.. talk about leading questions. Those reporters are awful.

Comment

Pennys isn't much better.

Comment

Thats the first time I have actually ever watched Penny in an interview. I have more respect for him than before I watched it. He seems pretty sharp.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It would have been nice if they could have afforded a few mics to past around to those asking the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        It would have been nice if they could have afforded a few mics to past around to those asking the questions.
                        Plot twist... It was actually just Penny standing in a room by himself answering the questions that popped into his head

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

God.. talk about leading questions. Those reporters are awful.
                          I've mentioned this before, especially during the Penny hiring, but the Memphis "media" is all a bunch of fanboys. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It would be like FVV coming back to coach the Shox in 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                              Hope I don’t regret getting row 34 seats. I’ll probably have the seat behind a pole.
                              Better a Pole than a Russian

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                It would be like FVV coming back to coach the Shox in 10 years
                                This is a decent analogy however its not exactly as black and white as this. Fred's a superstar dont get me wrong but Penny has been a basketball household name for over 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X