No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs East Carolina Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol come on now. Turnover = no chance to score. Free throws = chance to score. Yes, I want Burton and the team to pick it up from the line but y’all are just being silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’m not saying he’s an NBA guy, I’m saying he played like one yesterday.
      Yeah, I know. Him hitting his 1st 3 of the season reminded me that's probably the only thing missing from his game to be in the NBA.

Comment

• Hahaha. Do y'all go back and read these? Best start ever first page. Second page is why do we make ecu look like an aac team... Because they are. Its funny, good win shox get by 30 at home next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          Lol come on now. Turnover = no chance to score. Free throws = chance to score. Yes, I want Burton and the team to pick it up from the line but y’all are just being silly.
          Ok Pie I do not agree with your reasoning. Let me explain why. In my mind if you got players that are constantly missing free throws that is like a turnover. For example, that clown center for the chickenhawks cant shoot free throws worth a dam. I would foul him every time. He would never dunk against my team. He is so bad that Lonnie Kruger stole a game from them two years ago by deliberately fouling him. The player goes to the line misses two free throws and your team gets the rebound and goes down and makes a 3 pointer. That like a 5 point turnaround. Tacko Falls was another guy that was terrible at the fee throw line You fouls those guys because there is no = chance to score. Yeah they make one every now and then but the odds are against them. In short, your team gets the ball back and the score remains the same. Thats a turnover.

Our guys need to be better at the free throw line. Otherwise some of our guys will get the same reputation as other bad free throw shooters. Every team scouts each other and I bet Coach Marshall knows who the bad free throw shooters are on the other teams. I hope I have explained better what I mean by this. And I realize that not all shocker fans will agree with me. But that's ok. Were not all suppose to agree. Go Shocks.

Comment

• We don't all have to agree. Sometimes that means you're wrong.

No one is even thinking about playing Hack-a-Shock.

Comment

• They don’t call it hack-a-shaq for nothing. Dwight Howard was another guy like that. There’s a reason coaches put good free throw shooters in down the stretch of tight games. I’m on the side that cringes when JB goes to the line in a tight game. He’s a 50 freakin percent free throw shooter, which is totally unacceptable for a starting guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                We don't all have to agree. Sometimes that means you're wrong.

I’m thinking of a popular Billy Madison meme... oh, never mind.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We don't all have to agree. Sometimes that means you're wrong.

Man you really miss the point. Totally agree with Dan. There is a cringe factor when some of our guys go to the free throw line. We all know who they are. The opposing coaches will learn too. And does it really matter if they are playing hack a shock when your shooting 5 for 10 or 2 for 6 from the line. I tell you one thing, if the Shocks had lost that game to ECU shocker fans would be looking at the poor free throw shooting by a couple of players. That kind of free throw shooting is not acceptable. And its going to cost the team a game regardless what you call it.

Comment

• I'll take JB shooting FTs at the end of a game all day. Dude is a 75% shooter in Q1 and Q2 games, and I'd wager better than that in the last 5 minutes of ball games. Just gotta have a memory that looks back more than a week. And a dash of perspective.

Fun Fact: Burton was 11th in the AAC in FT% in conference games last season.

I'll buy every available share of stock in individual or team FT shooting during this years annual Shockernet FT freakout.

Comment

• I was hopeful that after last season people wouldn't immediately feel entitled to 25 point blowouts in every game. That just isn't reality. For literally any team. So far, we're doing it better than just about all the other teams.

Comment

I'll take JB shooting FTs at the end of a game all day. Dude is a 75% shooter in Q1 and Q2 games, and I'd wager better than that in the last 5 minutes of ball games. Just gotta have a memory that looks back more than a week. And a dash of perspective.

Fun Fact: Burton was 11th in the AAC in FT% in conference games last season.

I'll buy every available share of stock in individual or team FT shooting during this years annual Shockernet FT freakout.
                        Dizzle is right and Dan and Shocktocles need to get a grip. We have no Henry Carr’s or Ehime Orupkes who are good if they shoot 50% Tom the line here. Many players go into slumps and JB is having a rough patch the past few games.

Last year JB shot over 71% at the FT line while only 26% of his 3 Pt. Shots. This year he is shooting 48% at the FT line and 46% from 3. Logic just can’t apply and there is no doubt in my mind that free throws will not be a long term problem for JB. When GM said after the game that JB is hitting FThrows at practice, I decided to vote with our future H of F coach. You should too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Per Haslametrics, that was our worst game of the year. Even worse than the Texas Southern game

http://www.haslametrics.com/ratings2.php?yr=&tid=5471
                          That's the kind of thing that will get you to lose a full point in your KenPom overall rating, which in turn will probably knock you down about 10 spots or so in his rankings.

As I said previously, if WSU had just held steady in KenPom's rating (based mostly on points per 100 possessions), they'd still be right around 30th. So if you want to improve in KenPom -- not that 3G and the Shocks really care as long as they keep winning -- just improve your scoring and defensive efficiency, and your overall rating will improve, whereupon the ranking will take care of itself. Conversely, if you underperform your previous numbers in one or both areas, your rating will go down, and the ranking will follow (as we saw Wednesday).

Comment

I'll take JB shooting FTs at the end of a game all day.
                            We will definitely disagree here. Why is it ok to use last year's stats as relevant and throw this year's ones out the window?

And is there some Dave Dahl numbers thrown in the rest of your post?

Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

We will definitely disagree here. Why is it ok to use last year's stats as relevant and throw this year's ones out the window?

And is there some Dave Dahl numbers thrown in the rest of your post?
                              Agree to disagree. It's fine to use this year's stats. Personally, I will temper them with last year's stats.

Certainly the other numbers I provide have some amount of cherry-picking, though I think you'd agree that the way I sliced them have some validity to the discussion, which hinges around making FTs when the chips are down. If I have time, I'll try to find end-of-game FT numbers, as I think those can be interesting, if cherry-picked.

Comment

• Not sure how this factors into the FT percentages, but when a player misses the front end of a one and one, it’s essentially a turnover and is really 2 missed FT attempts. I’m sure they only count the first miss, but I’d be interested in seeing some advanced metrics on this situation, if they even exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X