Positive Thoughts For Dex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
    At least Cold has the balls (and not much else) to admit he doesnt give a **** about the kid outside of basketball.

work place employee, contractual obligations, Grow up etc.

So yeah Dex please get better. For the sake of your entertainment.
    I don't feel sorry for Dexter. His life changed when he got the call from Wichita State. He got the Golden Ticket so to speak. He went from nothingness to playing in front of the best college bball fans in the nation, on prime time, in NBA facilities, chartered flights, catered fine dining, rock star status, as much poon as you could shake a stick at, spoon-fed college education with unlimited and excellent tutoring...

10's of thousands in college tuition, housing, travel, meals, etc., etc., etc. Naw... I don't feel sorry for one second.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I've played straight-up blues. I've played blues/rock. I've played jazz/blues. I was invited to play and sing at the creation of the Wichita Blues Hall of Fame.

I played the Allman Brothers version of Stormy Monday and have done that version behind probably half a dozen female singers. I played with a drummer who had played with Herbie Hancock and Oscar Peterson. That drummer was a white guy.

The race card has already been played in this thread, so it doesn't bother me to say that the two white guys who played at the gig for the creation of the Wichita Blues Hall of Fame were me and the bass player I played with. That bass player was invited to play with most of the people being inducted into the Wichita Blues Hall of Fame. The black guys being placed in the Blues Hall of Fame had no problem asking a white guy to sit in with them. If they had made an album, they would have wanted the white guy on the cover.

Anybody who's followed blues in Wichita from its heyday would remember Johnny Harris and Artie Hicks. Those were good friends of mine and I sat in with them regularly at Bill's Le Gourmet. The memorial for Artie brought Johnny back from San Diego and brought in musicians from Kansas City for one of the best blues/jazz gigs EVER in Wichita at the former Lettuce location.

Now, back to the subject, but this isn't going to be real positive.

Dennis. Left. The. Team.

I really hope "the team" has an understanding of why he left, believes he had legitimate reasons for doing that, and will accept the fact that he got some free time that the rest of them would have loved to have, but gave that up to be a part of "the team".

It can be really difficult for "the team" to accept players who don't have to follow the same rules the rest of them follow. I hope that, if Dex returns, the rest of the players understand his situation and accept that he needed something they would have liked but didn't do.

He hasn't entered the portal, so it's likely he's coming back. Basketball has been (probably) the thing he relied on for placing value on his life and somehow that went away. That's a lot for someone 19 to deal with.
    I'm not a fan of modern blues OR jazz. Yes, white guys abound in the genre now and it makes me sad. It doesn't make white blues performers sad though. Watching guys like BB King tour and release albums with various random artists was kinda painful, but I'm glad he got paid. Not very many of the blues old-timers got paid...

Agree 100% on Dexter's personal time and team chemistry. If he does come back he should be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy down the bench with little light at the end of the tunnel until he leaves an important piece of his soul (or arse) on the floor in practice. At this point he EARNS a spot back on the team as far as I'm concerned.

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Dex doesn't necessarily owe us anything...
    Disagree. He owes Shocker Nation everything!

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

"Originally posted by 1979Shocker
    If DD stayed and his shooting was still off, what would he and the team gained from him staying? Nothing."

FYP
    Actually, working with the team in practice is exactly how you get out of a slump. Should have stopped at the previous post where you absolutely nailed the board's Groupthink pulse.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    If basketball is not that high of a priority for him right now, then so be it. Do what's best for you, Dex. It would suck because he oozes tons of potential and is a huge asset to our team when his head isn't cloudy. I respect whatever he does...
    "When his head isn't cloudy"???

WTF happened to you 'Fever?

Basketball is ABSOLUTELY the best thing for this young man given the talent he has and the future earning power he possesses. Unless he plans on joining the ministry, he's going to regret any decision to leave WSU for the rest of his life.

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Dexter doesn’t owe Shocker fans an explanation or timetable. If he’s not meeting your expectations regarding the timetable for his return or explanation of his absence then that’s your problem not his.
    LoL! Spoken like a true _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (edited because abrasive political labels don't belong in the basketball forum)

Doesn't owe us an explanation or a timetable........ w o w

Lack of accountability in society will be the one thing historians look back on when attempting to identify the catalyst that preceded the fall of America.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
      Of course DD does not owe posters on Shockernet an explanation or timetable but IMO DD does owe his Shocker coaches and his Shocker teammates both an explanation and a timetable. As the fans have been provided a vague explanation and anticipated return date leads me to conclude the Shocker coaching staff is unaware of his return date.
      Considering we’ve heard nothing but support coming from the coaches and players so far, what makes you think they haven’t been given a satisfactory explanation and/or timetable?

Comment

Of course DD does not owe posters on Shockernet an explanation or timetable but IMO DD does owe his Shocker coaches and his Shocker teammates both an explanation and a timetable. As the fans have been provided a vague explanation and anticipated return date leads me to conclude the Shocker coaching staff is unaware of his return date.
        A believe a man of honor would feel obligated to provide an explanation to the fans that pay for his luxuries. But these are old fashioned notions indeed.

Of course he has no choice of such with regards to the coaching staff.

Gregg Marshall acting positive in front of the camera is political... same as it was with Arseton Leaves.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Considering we’ve heard nothing but support coming from the coaches and players so far, what makes you think they haven’t been given a satisfactory explanation and/or timetable?
          Correct we have heard nothing from the coaches - my point exactly. If DD's butt is not on the bench for tomorrow's game how long are you prepared to wait to "hear" something? IMO Marshall is being derelict in his handling of this matter. I don't want an explanation regards DD "personal problems" I want to know what Marshall's plans are for the 12 scholarship players who did not ask for special dispensation.

Comment

• Yeah Cold we get it. I even said as much earlier when I gave you your props for having the balls to be real about the situation.

Comment

Correct we have heard nothing from the coaches - my point exactly. If DD's butt is not on the bench for tomorrow's game how long are you prepared to wait to "hear" something? IMO Marshall is being derelict in his handling of this matter. I don't want an explanation regards DD "personal problems" I want to know what Marshall's plans are for the 12 scholarship players who did not ask for special dispensation.
              ??

How long am I prepared to wait? What difference does it make? I have no control over the situation.

I don’t need an explanation for what he’s going to do with the 12 scholarship players who did not ask for special dispensation because I already know. He’s going to do the same thing he’s always done. Coach them up to the best of their ability and try to win games. What else do you think his plans are?

Judge Marshall’s handling of the matter however you want, it means nothing because you don’t have the facts.

Comment

Correct we have heard nothing from the coaches - my point exactly.
                That’s not what I said nor is it true. We’ve heard straight from Marshall in a statement and a postgame interview.

Comment

• Wishing Dex and all of you a happy 2020!
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• No clue if there’s any truth to it, but I just read that Dex was on a plane headed back to Wichita this morning. Of course it was on Facebook, so I take it with a grain of salt, but the lady that said it has seemed to be relatively well informed in the past.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• if it's on Facebook it's true

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        No clue if there’s any truth to it, but I just read that Dex was on a plane headed back to Wichita this morning. Of course it was on Facebook, so I take it with a grain of salt, but the lady that said it has seemed to be relatively well informed in the past.
                        If true, it will be good to have him back. Hopefully, in a state of mind that he can regain his mojo and help this team reach its potential.

Comment

No clue if there’s any truth to it, but I just read that Dex was on a plane headed back to Wichita this morning. Of course it was on Facebook, so I take it with a grain of salt, but the lady that said it has seemed to be relatively well informed in the past.

Comment

Was the lady's initials PB?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Was the lady's initials PB?
                              lol. No. The lady was not Patty Beamer.

"You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I’m impressed that we have a couple of posters calling out Dexter for not being a “man of honor” and another giving out props for being critical of him and the coaches during this crisis situation of a Shocker player who is respected by everyone. All I will say to those posters is that you know nothing about this situation and need to show more respect. Your criticism shows more about the type of people you are than Dexter.

Comment

Working...
                                X