Dexter Breakout Against VCU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
    So my wife is a Psych Doctor, and she has paid special attention to Dex this season.
    You too!?! I'm so SICK of my wife paying 'special attention' to Dex.

Honey, come baaaack.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Honey, come baaaack.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Haha Kel, no...just a couple of big fans living the dream here in Scottsdale, Arizona watching our beloved Shox.

I’m a 1998 graduate of WSU. We come back every Christmas to see our family and watch a home game. This year was the VCU game and was the start of Dex absence. We were shocked of course but confident that’s he would come back very soon and get back to his old self if he focused on D and rebounding and let the game come to him. And Marshall has instilled confidence by giving him the green light to shoot as long as he plays tough D (so the announcers said last night anyway). You never know with young athletes of course, and all the potential distractions, but glad he is back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Honey, come baaaack.
          Just reel her back in...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So my wife is a Psych Doctor, and she has paid special attention to Dex this season. She says that once his 3 point shot went in last night, you could tell it all changed for him. He became aggressive on offense again and not just settling for 3. Even though he didn’t shoot lights out, 8 points including clutch free throws and 8 rebounds leading the team is HUGE for his confidence going forward. Plus great D without dumb fouls. She has declared him as “back”. I hope she is right! Go Dex Go!
            Something similar happened to Erik early in the season. He was struggling with his shot for the first couple of games, and he nailed a three (can't remember which game) and you could see everything about his demeanor change. He's been a bad ass mofo ever since.

If indeed this has happened to Dex, this team may be unstoppable.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              He was much more aggressive on the offensive end. I think we're Getting the old Dex back!

(every time I type "Dex", it autocorrects to "sex". My apologies if I don't catch the mistake in future)
              Just add "Dex" to your dictionary and that should take care of it.

Comment

So my wife is a Psych Doctor, and she has paid special attention to Dex this season. She says that once his 3 point shot went in last night, you could tell it all changed for him. He became aggressive on offense again and not just settling for 3. Even though he didn’t shoot lights out, 8 points including clutch free throws and 8 rebounds leading the team is HUGE for his confidence going forward. Plus great D without dumb fouls. She has declared him as “back”. I hope she is right! Go Dex Go!
                The shot that told me Dex is back was the tw-pointer from just below the right elbow. Shot with 110% confidence. It was after the made three. His shooting form is 250% better than his slump form.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Mr. Beamer?
                  LMAO. You beat me to it as I had the same thought as I read his post. Thanks for the chuckle

Comment

• Boy oh boy, if we get Memphis Dex the rest of the way we’ll be in tall cotton the rest of the season! His defense was so much better last night and you could tell he was just letting the game come to him. Glad he didn’t let that missed dunk get him down but I’m pretty sure the crowd reaction would have done serious structural damage to the CKA roof had he thrown it down.

Comment

• Dex makes us ominous! He may take a few games to get fully back but oh yeah Dex will be back!!!

Comment

• Shooting 11 times tells me he has overcome a few things. I was kinda surprised when I saw the box score. I didn't realize he shot so many times.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          Shooting 11 times tells me he has overcome a few things. I was kinda surprised when I saw the box score. I didn't realize he shot so many times.
                          Yep. I was actually stoked to see that even though he was 2-11.

IMO, beating Memphis was the 2nd best thing to happen to Shocker basketball last night. And it was really great. But getting Dennis going removes basically any limits for this team.

Comment

• It almost looked like it was the game plan to come out after halftime and feed Dex the ball and have him go crazy. I think he shot it like 3 or 4 possessions in a row. But the end of the succession, and another clank, I think it was time to cool the jets.

But he definitely got after it in other areas. In that sense, he is back.

I REALLY wanted that jam to go down and the backboard to break.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dex has a couple of shots blocked by Memphis plus the missed dunk. Clean that up and he would have had 14.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

The one thing I really noticed was his face. He seem to have the look of the 'eye of the tiger' again and that's good for the shocks. Keep moving forward shocks no excuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X