Dexter Breakout Against VCU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    He was much more aggressive on the offensive end. I think we're Getting the old Dex back!

(every time I type "Dex", it autocorrects to "sex". My apologies if I don't catch the mistake in future)
    I, for one, wouldn't mind getting the old sex back. By "old sex" I really mean the "young sex".

Dang! I just reread a couple of posts in this thread and wichshock65's autocorrect comment made for some very interesting possibilities. Like KungWu's post at the top of the previous page (if you are getting the same posts per page as me).
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I, for one, wouldn't mind getting the old sex back. By "old sex" I really mean the "young sex".

Dang! I just reread a couple of posts in this thread and wichshock65's autocorrect comment made for some very interesting possibilities. Like KungWu's post at the top of the previous page (if you are getting the same posts per page as me).
      LoL. I'm pretty sure KungWu's auto corrected to "Dex".

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I pine for that myself although I do not have high hopes that will happen. I would like to get the young Dex back. Like a year younger Dex back. At this point that would be quite good enough for me.

Comment

• There were flashes on Thursday, but Ol’ Dex still has some powers left to get back from the Monstars.

That should be a scary thought for The American and the all of the NCAA.
          The Assman

Comment

• 9 pts 8 boards against OU. 8 and 8 against Memphis (Giving him a pass for the ECU game as it was his first back). 16/7 against UCONN. Dexter is officially on fire by my loose interpretation of NBA Jam rules.

I loved his aggressiveness off the bounce. Those drives to the basket coupled with his skill from deep give us another deadly weapon.

He’s using his athleticism to grab contested rebounds again. He also might be one of our best at passing into the post.

Good to have him back regardless of how he’s playing but it’s even better that he looks to be a significant contributor again.

Comment

• Also find it weird that this thread was getting lit up during his absence and now that he’s back and playing well it’s crickets.

Comment

• Don’t wanna jinx the young guy. I think part of the problem was all the pressure / nba hype placed upon him before the season started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Don’t wanna jinx the young guy. I think part of the problem was all the pressure / nba hype placed upon him before the season started.
                  Yep! He went from the third option, who was instrumental in several W's, to "the guy".

Last year Dex asked to come off the bench instead of start. His game went way up after that happened. I get the feeling Dex doesn't relish a spotlight, but found himself in a position where he had it.

Now that Stevenson has emerged as "the guy", that pressure is removed from Dex. That could be the catalyst for Dex to think of himself as an important "role player", which would allow him to be "the guy" without the pressure associated with the definition of that role.

"Last year" Dex showed up in the OT at UConn. That's what won the game for the Shox.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Dex is slowly but surely getting his game back. More aggressive with ball, more under control. Hitting a few 3s and taking it too the rack. His rebounding and defense never suffered. Coach is slowly working him back into the rotation and he’s producing. Dex just needs to realize he doesn’t have to carry this team, just be an important part of it. He came up big against UCONN ....

Comment

• I look for DD to continue to come off the bench as our 6th man. It's possible that he could break into the starting lineup as a 3 with Stevenson moving to the 2 replacing TE, but with the shooting of TE and ES, l think the lineup is set for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        9 pts 8 boards against OU. 8 and 8 against Memphis (Giving him a pass for the ECU game as it was his first back). 16/7 against UCONN. Dexter is officially on fire by my loose interpretation of NBA Jam rules.

I loved his aggressiveness off the bounce. Those drives to the basket coupled with his skill from deep give us another deadly weapon.

He’s using his athleticism to grab contested rebounds again. He also might be one of our best at passing into the post.

Good to have him back regardless of how he’s playing but it’s even better that he looks to be a significant contributor again.
                        OU was Dexter's last game before his sabbatical. Played 12 minutes and he did have 9 points (6-6 from the line) but I think he only had 3 rebounds. He DNP against ECU but he did sit on the bench for the 2nd half.

Otherwise right on. He has looked progressively better in each of the 3 games since he returned to the lineup. He didn't do much against Ole Miss. Only played 10 minutes and picked up 4 fouls. You could sense a little apprehension in his game and he was definitely a bit rusty. Would of only had 2 days of practice since coming back at that point.

Much more of a factor against Memphis and looked much more confident although his shot was still not falling.

I thought UConn showed that the old Dex is back (or maybe the new Dex). We don't win that game without him.

Hopefully, the old/new (depending on how you want to look at it) Dex is back for good.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 13, 2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Dexter has always been very even keeled on the floor. However, before the time away, I told my wife that it didn’t look like he was having any fun on the floor. Yesterday, after one of his big shots, I saw an emotional fist pump. That gives me hope for more good performances.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            Dexter has always been very even keeled on the floor. However, before the time away I told my wife that it didn’t look like he was having any fun on the floor. Yesterday, after one of his big shots, I saw an emotional fist pump. That gives me hope for more good performances.
                            I recommend checking out his reaction when the final shot missed. It will make you feel good about the future.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I recommend checking out his reaction when the final shot missed. It will make you feel good about the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X