Dexter Breakout Against VCU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
    Ok hopefully we can at least get some tangible updates today about Dex.
    Not around the arena per Taylor Eldridge. I suspect if this is the case much longer it does not bode well for his return to the team, at least this year.

Comment

Bump. We all know the day is coming. I think today is going to be that day.

Comment

Not holding my breath. Would be nice. Considering we have rocketed up the charts without our best player, at the beginning of the year, doing much.

If he can add some more punch it could take us to another level.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
          Bump. We all know the day is coming. I think today is going to be that day.
          I would gladly take him as a Sophomore year Cotton: offensively only a threat to dunk, but a defensive menace. Like the guy he guards "goes off for 20" on 6 of 22 shooting.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Play good defense, preferably without fouling. Box out and use his athleticism to grab some tough boards. If he does those things I’ll be happy.

Get to the line (and convert) 4+ times, get an easy bucket in transition, and hit one three and I’ll be ecstatic.

Comment

a positive +/- would be nice... also less than one foul per five minutes played would be a bonus.

baby steps

Comment

I think him getting some minutes (10) against Ole Miss was great for him to shake off the rust and cobwebs. And clearly, by his stat sheet, he had a lot of rust and cobwebs. I don't expect a huge breakout game from him but, like pie n eye , I'd be really thrilled for him to have more productive minutes that would include less fouling and more made baskets. But we know this, regardless of his production (with the exception of defense, which will get anybody pulled from the court by 3G), Marshall is going to give him his opportunity.

Comment

we need him in a game like this, but we don't need him to "go off". We need his athleticism, defense, help on press, decision making, and we need him for depth at the 3 and 4. He may have a breakaway dunk or 2 tonight simply due to the type of game we will be playing. Any points we get from him is a bonus at this point.

Comment

Well done, Dexter. He made positive contributions that helped the team get a W. Maybe we point to this as his breakout of a slump game but I thought he had a similar game against OU. So, I’m gonna say he’s heating up.

Comment

• He was much more aggressive on the offensive end. I think we're Getting the old Dex back!

(every time I type "Dex", it autocorrects to "sex". My apologies if I don't catch the mistake in future)

Comment

• Dex's ready for take off...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          He was much more aggressive on the offensive end. I think we're Getting the old Dex back!

(every time I type "Dex", it autocorrects to "sex". My apologies if I don't catch the mistake in future)
                          Man...this would have been the perfect time to have that autocorrect fail!

Comment

• So my wife is a Psych Doctor, and she has paid special attention to Dex this season. She says that once his 3 point shot went in last night, you could tell it all changed for him. He became aggressive on offense again and not just settling for 3. Even though he didn’t shoot lights out, 8 points including clutch free throws and 8 rebounds leading the team is HUGE for his confidence going forward. Plus great D without dumb fouls. She has declared him as “back”. I hope she is right! Go Dex Go!

Comment

• I don't care if he shoots 23% from the field the rest of the season. If he brings the defense and rebounding like he did last night (which reminded of 2019), he can help us win any ballgame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                                So my wife is a Psych Doctor, and she has paid special attention to Dex this season. She says that once his 3 point shot went in last night, you could tell it all changed for him. He became aggressive on offense again and not just settling for 3. Even though he didn’t shoot lights out, 8 points including clutch free throws and 8 rebounds leading the team is HUGE for his confidence going forward. Plus great D without dumb fouls. She has declared him as “back”. I hope she is right! Go Dex Go!
                                Mr. Beamer?
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X