Wichita State vs VCU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Still missing a huge game at home on national tv is not a good sign. That's the stuff these players live for.
    Sometimes you need to step away from things to get your head right. Don't know what is going on but perhaps pressure/anxiety/mental issues were getting in the way of his enjoyment of the game and life.

Hope all is well with him, his family, and that he can return at some point if that is what is best for him.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• VCU swarmed the ball late and were swatting at everything with 2 and 3 guys. Refs were letting them body up too. Not surprising a few sloppy plays late when the other team is throwing the kitchen sink at you on defense. But we have 4 guards who are Frosh and Sophs, and it looked like they had seen it a million times. I love that we have guards that take it to the rack when teams overplay on Defense. I like how Udeze and Wade fight on the offensive glass.

Good win, finish with 3 more wins for the OOC and go into the AAC.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Good win, finish with 3 more wins for the OOC and go into the AAC.
        I see only 2 more OOC games. Abilene Christian a week from tomorrow and Ole Miss the following Saturday sandwiched around the conference opener against ECU. After that it's a tough AAC road swing to UConn and Temple.

Comment

• Speaking of VCU, watching Shaka get spanked by Providence down 16 at the under 4.

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• VCU is very good-maybe another outside shooter away from a Sweet 16 or beyond team. They also look like they are all 25 years old, which seems to be the case with them every year. Should be a good battle between them and Dayton.

Hope this series continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              VCU is very good-maybe another outside shooter away from a Sweet 16 or beyond team. They also look like they are all 25 years old, which seems to be the case with them every year. Should be a good battle between them and Dayton.

Hope this series continues.
              They said before the game that VCU is one of the oldest teams in basketball. Average age over 21. At least 2 fifth year players.

Comment

• Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. VCU Rams NCAAM game from December 21, 2019 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

• What a beautiful game!
                  Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Where to start.........

I thought VCU was really good. That Santos-Silva kid is a beast. They lose very little going to the bench, they get after it 94-50 and play really hard. They are easy to cheer for, I'm sure.

I honestly can't tell you how proud I am of our team. The effort, intelligence, preparedness, patience, confidence.......this is a fantastic team to watch and support. I'll say it again, I love they way they play. I've said to myself "great pass" more times this year so far than in any season I can remember lately, and we've seen some terrific seasons with GOAT players.

Coach Marshall is always a special added treat, but he, like his team, was on his A+ game today. Alone, more than worth the price of admission.

Gregg said we needed some "dudes" and damn it if he didn't just go out and get a bunch of them. Our freshmen are dudes, big time. Did everyone catch Tyson's attempt to put Santos-Silva on a poster? He saw the big guy there and just went up after it. Moxie. Take the big shot, not afraid.

Both teams were elite defensively but we were better in the half court and won the turnover battle. Bet that doesn't happen much against VCU this season.

I can't add anything here about Dexter except to echo Gregg's remarks. Dexter is an excellent young man and student athlete. He's taking courses many of us couldn't dream of taking. He's polite, outgoing, friendly and extremely personable. He's exactly the kind of young man you want on your team to support. Whatever is troubling him, we should all pray for him and wish him the best in overcoming it. I know his mom and some family were in town and I'm certain they are providing the support he needs right now. You'd just give anything to steal his pain and wear it for him so he can do what he's earned.

Man this team is good.

Comment

• WHAT A CROWD TODAY!! Way to bring it shocker nation!

Love this team and LOVE the potential!

Comment

• Here's the deal. This was a solid win much needed win. Our beloved Shocks should also defeat Ole Miss. in another home game if we are taking care of our buswax. Give us that win and we can put a bow on our resume' for Non. Con. games. Then the grueling AAC schedule begins.

Never fear, Burton, Sherfield, and JB were here!!! They filled our pre-Christmas stocking wishes with lots of stats and leadership. What energy and team ball we had. Team-wise, we scored 8 more points in the paint, had 10 more team assists, and 5 more rebounds.

We are scary good with JE on the court. He almost scored a point a minute with his 14 pts. in 15 minutes along with his needed 6 rebounds. His stamina seems improved. Let's hope he improves on finding a way to foul less because we really will be needing more quality minutes in tough games to follow. Just like Shaq. until his Senior year, JE gets in early foul trouble that can be improved on. 3G could have played him more because he only ended up with 3 fouls, but seemed to be coaching it safe. Wade and Burton both grabbed us 8 rebounds apiece. Mo. is coming along nicely and will start making more of the 'close in' shots he is missing right now. Pooh Bear had 6 points and 4 rebounds. We'll take it!!! Tyson E. plays solid and I love his sweet shot. Noah F. always plays tough D. and it was thrilling to see his hustle and making a long 2.

When I first heard about DD, I was hoping for the best for that young man through whatever he is facing. Even when he is slumping in shooting, he plays D. hustles, and rebounds. We all hope to see DD back sooner than later. We miss you DD!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• 1. Best game of Chandler's career.
                          2. Guessing Etch was a bit under the weather, but he played well in limited minutes.
                          3. Missed Dex like crazy.
                          4. It was a war.
                          5. Thought we got a bad whistle.
                          6. Wade is a MAN.
                          7. Sherfield is pretty good,
                          8. No AM, no Dex, no Gordon, no Jobu. 9 guys.
                          9. HCGM was good today.
                          10. I'm calling in about Ft's at the first opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            WHAT A CROWD TODAY!! Way to bring it shocker nation!

Love this team and LOVE the potential!
                            Totally agree. But please don't let these guys referee our games again. Very inconsistent. I normally don't like to complain about officiating but they let VCU beat on us and we could not touch them. Still if we make our free throws we win by 20. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Oh, yeah. My two favorite teams won today.

Comment

• Yesterday I posted 71 - 60 shockers win. But I was wrong ... we only won by 10 points ... really enjoyed the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X