No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs VCU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great game, great win, fun team to watch! Having Jaime on the floor for 20 mpg would make this team even better! A quick look at the stats, and all our bigs (JE, MU, AM, IPBC, & TW) are pulling down between 9 and 12 board per 40 minutes. Stevenson, Burton, and Dex are grabbing about 7 each per 40.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Wrestled the ball away, three dribbles and a juke on the baseline, up and under with the off hand!
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Wrestled the ball away, three dribbles and a juke on the baseline, up and under with the off hand!
        Our 6'8 BEAST 4 just showed us what he's capable of, and is having his coming out party right before our eyes. And from what I just saw there, an all conference caliber player by the time his career is over.

If he listens to the coaching staff (looks like he's got that down) and works and studies hard, he will be set.

Comment

• Not much specific to say that hasn't been covered. We are deep, good, fun to watch; just a special team.

Several questions. Has the "beat the hell out of you" cheer been banned again? Did Boatright decide we might offend someone? If it hasn't, why the hell is it not being played at select timeouts when the crowd is on it's feet and already fired up? The music concert is certainly better than promotions, but nothing carries the crowd energy through a timeout like the low brass cheer. Isn't that that or shouldn't that be the objective?

Comment

• I have noticed the Band seems less engaged this year. A change from live to canned music C'mon Shock Band we want to know

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Executed as fleetly as a young J. Worthy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                Not much specific to say that hasn't been covered. We are deep, good, fun to watch; just a special team.

Several questions. Has the "beat the hell out of you" cheer been banned again? Did Boatright decide we might offend someone? If it hasn't, why the hell is it not being played at select timeouts when the crowd is on it's feet and already fired up? The music concert is certainly better than promotions, but nothing carries the crowd energy through a timeout like the low brass cheer. Isn't that that or shouldn't that be the objective?
                You took the words right out of my mouth; what happened to the "low-brass" cheer?

I believe one of our prior -ahem- bluebloods in training deemed it "deplorable?" Athletic Director?

Comment

• Gregg Marshall postgame vs VCU

Comment

• Doing my best to temper my enthusiasm knowing just how young this team is especially the back court. We are
                    bound to be in the top 25 now but the further up the ladder we climb the bigger the target on our backs. Have to
                    treat every game like yesterdays and beat all those we should beat. Feeling better about the 24 W's I predicted in
                    regular season. Key is to sustain the fire they played with yesterday and the back up big fellas to continue to improve.

Comment

• We are lucky Sherfield picked basketball, cause he would be a hell of a running back.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        Doing my best to temper my enthusiasm knowing just how young this team is especially the back court. We are
                        bound to be in the top 25 now but the further up the ladder we climb the bigger the target on our backs. Have to
                        treat every game like yesterdays and beat all those we should beat. Feeling better about the 24 W's I predicted in
                        regular season. Key is to sustain the fire they played with yesterday and the back up big fellas to continue to improve.
                        the good thing about this team is that they are hungry for success. They did not inherit anything and had to rebuild the brand. They have a really high ceiling, just waiting for the Doc’s prediction.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                          I know others have said as much. But the improvement of Udeze not only from last year to this year but from the start of this year to now has been so fun to watch. He is starting to believe he belongs and he has such a good motor.
                          I don't question Mo's abilities, but he has to figure out how to stay on the court. Through the first 9 games, he had a personal foul every 4 minutes of play. The last 2 games is 1 every 7.5 minutes. So, hopefully, this trend will continue going forward.

Comment

• Starting to see JB and Sherfield morph into the second coming for Armstead and. VanVleet. You have the burly bull rush guy and the savvy change of pace, throw the ball on a dime guy. Exciting times ahead for these two.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I don't question Mo's abilities, but he has to figure out how to stay on the court. Through the first 9 games, he had a personal foul every 4 minutes of play. The last 2 games is 1 every 7.5 minutes. So, hopefully, this trend will continue going forward.
                              Agreed. It takes quite a while for big men to learn how to play without fouling as positioning is so much more important in higher level basketball than in HS. People move downhill so much faster and you can't rely on talent to always get you there.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Fun reading the VCU board, actually many of them are saying great things about our game, team and HCGM.

Comment

Working...
                                X