Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine Stevenson decided to stay...

Who's minutes does he take? I'm picking nearly every other player on the roster over him at this point.

Comment

• And who else would have left if he had stayed?

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

So, loathe as I am to admit it, he DOES have some hoops background....fair enough....

HOWEVER....still a knucklehead
        Sure, he probably does know basketball talent. On paper we possibly would be more talented (and more experienced) this year without the unexpected turnover. But even so, WSU's future is objectively brighter with the roster changes.

What he obviously isn't good at is reading team chemistry. That makes sense, since his son is a big part of any chemistry issues but as a dad probably refuses to see it.

Comment

• I wish ES the best. He has a lot of growing up to do as does his father. All the departures turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We upgraded our roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Sure, he probably does know basketball talent. On paper we possibly would be more talented (and more experienced) this year without the unexpected turnover. But even so, WSU's future is objectively brighter with the roster changes.

What he obviously isn't good at is reading team chemistry. That makes sense, since his son is a big part of any chemistry issues but as a dad probably refuses to see it.
            Without the turnover we likely don't get Ricky Council ... I'm on board with saying Ricky alone is worth losing everyone we lost last year. Not to mention the others look like they are going to be very good too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              I wish ES the best. He has a lot of growing up to do as does his father.
              Who grows up first? Erik or daddy Stevenson?
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Would GGG have accomplished what this team has (thru 11 games) with last year's roster?

I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Without the turnover we likely don't get Ricky Council ... I'm on board with saying Ricky alone is worth losing everyone we lost last year. Not to mention the others look like they are going to be very good too.
                  Exactly. Getting Ricky was at the core of my comment that our future is objectively brighter.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say Ricky alone was a good trade, but adding Monzy certainly tips the scales in our favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Exactly. Getting Ricky was at the core of my comment that our future is objectively brighter.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say Ricky alone was a good trade, but adding Monzy certainly tips the scales in our favor.
                    Ricky alone was a good trade but CJ is great too and adds to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Would GGG have accomplished what this team has (thru 11 games) with last year's roster?

I'll hang up and listen.
                      Maybe. If Asbjorn would have 80% of the production here that he's having at GCU and Stevenson transferred, then probably.

Comment

• Tyson plays 35 minutes a game at the 2. If Erik was still here, he'd be on the bench behind Tyson and would be moping and planting seeds just like he did last year. Dexter starts at the 3 and is followed by Ricky who is better than Erik. I just don't see how he thinks Erik would do anything other than wave a towel from the bench. He's in the best place for him, at least he gets to play.

Comment

• No offense to anyone or their effort, but literally NO ONE is taking any minutes from TE this season. If Shamet or Baker came back, perhaps, but otherwise no.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              No offense to anyone or their effort, but literally NO ONE is taking any minutes from TE this season. If Shamet or Baker came back, perhaps, but otherwise no.
                              No but c'mon. He needs to rest sometimes, and can't play 40 MPG the whole year without some physical consequence. He may get into foul problems, etc. However, Erik shouldn't be the one to give him a breather on this team or any other.

Comment

• What was the last WSU team that played D without fouling the way this team is?

I'm not suggesting that the current team is 2014 lockdownesque but still....they committed 9 fouls last night. And I understand this team with it's lack of size is going to have to play a little different game to be successful. But they seem to be doing just that, and getting better. Kind of remarkable to this old fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X