Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Can't believe that most of you still think the Stephensons' were the problem, Get your heads out of your collective rear ends.
    Can’t believe you can’t spell Stevenson.

Comment

Can't believe that most of you still think the Stephensons' were the problem, Get your heads out of your collective rear ends.
      I can't believe people still think they AREN'T part of the problem. Lots of blame to go around. They get a healthy serving of it.

Comment

You don't think pops continual social media trash talking is a problem? Honestly I've never witnessed anything like it within this program. If your answer is no then what is the problem? I'd love to know your perspective in detail.

Comment

• You really think THAT is why JB and the other five left? BS.

Comment

You really think THAT is why JB and the other five left? BS.
            Waiting to hear your perspective in detail on the source of the problem since you clearly don't think it involves ES.

Comment

There is a fine line between hard coaching and inappropriate personal insults. Did HCGM take it too far? IDK? It’s possible. That doesn’t make Erik’s dad any look any less of a jackass. I actually feel sorry for Erik. His dad is doing him no favors.

We will never know the whole story of what happened. I thought the coach’s interview a couple weeks back was probably half true. One thing I did believe though is when he said he needs to adjust. And I think he will

Comment

You really think Stevenson and his dad were perfect and didn't make the locker sour? BS.

Comment

• I believe the source might be the practice coaches interactions with ES and JB first and then others, as well. Making them run until
                  they talked in front of the whole team, IMO, was bush league and it po'd several of our key players. Players can call out team mates
                  voluntarily but not be forced to do so by the coaching staff in front of the entire team. Maybe I have this wrong but I thought that is what
                  I had heard when we were struggling. Maybe someone closer to things can straighten me out but this is the perception I got earlier.
                  Do you think it all falls on ES ? If not, what ? I don't have facts only guessing based on the things I heard and read.

Comment

• Honost question. Have we ever had a parent act like this on teams in the past?

Comment

I believe the source might be the practice coaches interactions with ES and JB first and then others, as well. Making them run until
                      they talked in front of the whole team, IMO, was bush league and it po'd several of our key players. Players can call out team mates
                      voluntarily but not be forced to do so by the coaching staff in front of the entire team. Maybe I have this wrong but I thought that is what
                      I had heard when we were struggling. Maybe someone closer to things can straighten me out but this is the perception I got earlier.
                      Do you think it all falls on ES ? If not, what ? I don't have facts only guessing based on the things I heard and read.
                      1) if you don’t have the facts then why do you act like your opinion is more valid that the next poster who also doesn’t have all the facts?

2) Do you post from an early 2000s era Nokia using the T9 system? Like seriously, why do your posts look like they were written by someone who has never seen a properly formatted paragraph in any language?

Comment

• Would the people with the facts and appropriate format fill me in? I am signing off.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

1) if you don’t have the facts then why do you act like your opinion is more valid that the next poster who also doesn’t have all the facts?

2) Do you post from an early 2000s era Nokia using the T9 system? Like seriously, why do your posts look like they were written by someone who has never seen a properly formatted paragraph in any language?
                          We just had 8 players leave a program that was 23-8. what is your opinion of what happened?

I don't think anyone knows....so let him have his say. And yes, asiseeit's posts are difficult to read. You should see them on an Iphone
                          Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; March 27, 2020, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Living in Arizona, it is hard to figure out what is going on.
                            I am on shockernet.net and Kansas.com 2 or 3 times a day.
                            Unfortunately, I am on there lately to see if we have had another defecdtion.

I don't see Ashbjorn going as a big deal. Probably the trip to Denmark and Spain was cancelled.
                            Probably Marshall told him, or he figured out he was not going to be more than a five minute player.
                            He was recruited when we were still in the MVC, he was never going to be an AAC player.
                            Probably he wanted to go somewhere where he could play more as a senior, and put himself in play for a European career.
                            Probably, he parted on good terms with Marshall, perhaps even Marshall suggested he go.
                            I hope they are leaving on good terms, one would expect that to be the case.

I would sure like to see some announcements of players coming in, but with the China virus (I agree with Trump on that) holding everything up, it is going to take some time.

There are over 500 people in the transfer portal. They all plan to end up somewhere.
                            Marshall has lots of offers out, and then you play roulette. A 2 star says "I'll come." And Marshall says "wait until I hear from this 4 star guy."
                            So, it is not as cut and dried as it looks for us fan(atics).
                            It is sort of a mating dance.

So far, only Stephenson and Fernandes have committed (and both of them to hometown schools).
                            So, it will take a while for Marshall and WSU to get their new players in too.

Of course it makes us fans nervous. Of course the optics are bad. Of course it gives other coacches the ability to badmouth WSU.
                            All of these things are true, but I don't see it as any worse than Marshall in the Mo Valley fighting bigger conferences over kids.
                            He had to fight extra hard to get them to WSU and will have to do so again under less than ideal circumstances.

If Dex, Wade, Etienne, IBPC, Bilau, and Jaden are here, that is a pretty good start.
                            If Dex goes, after I finish cleaning up my underwear, I will start sweating.

Cap it with some senior transfers, a couple of transfers who are sophs or juniors, a JC player or two and a couple of freshmen.

That will get Marshall back to a spread out team in age, experience and control (time left in their college careers).
                            This system is what made Marshall successful to start with.

In a way, he is a victim of his own success. He can no longer have a team full of 2 and 3 star players along with some role players like in the MVC.
                            That won't cut it in the AAC.

So, he has to have some studs, some 4 starts, but he also needs some role players and glue guys.
                            That is what was missed the last 2 years, despite the best efforts of McDuffie and Samaje and Echinique.

I stiil trust in Marshall. He will get a team together and they will win 20 games next year.

I still don't think the guys who transferred out (exceot Busse and Mitgaard, who are going to go down in level of competiton) will do better at another school
                            They may do just as well, but not better.

Having managed many businesses, I always got rid of my malcontents, they are a cancer on your organization.
                            Rarely did these people become superstars somewhere else, because they are malcontents.

I still believe their long-term careers and hopes of playing professioinally would have been better realized staying with Marshall.

But try telling that to a 20 year old kid when they still know everything and have been pampered all of their lives for their abililites.

In the end, for me, it is still "In Marshall we trust."

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

We just had 8 players leave a program that was 23-8. what is your opinion of what happened?
                              A couple guys had bad attitudes, a couple guys wanted more playing time, a couple guys wanted to get closer to home, a couple guys didn’t like the coaching staff and decided to go try their luck elsewhere. Oh yeah, the season got cut a month short by this insane once in a lifetime (hopefully) virus.

Not sure what difference my opinion will make. It’s not any more or less valid than anyone else’s.

So, are we now all in agreement that 23-8 was a good season? And that we should be mad that so many good players got away.

Or was 23-8 a disappointment and we should be mad that we didn’t recruit enough good enough players?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I'm all in and bookmarking for next season. Personally I would go in on 1-year ban I'm so confident.
                                Well the loser has to stick around and eat crow and take the ensuing drubbing like a man. While not part of the bet, that's like practically written into the Shockernet honor code.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X