No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t disagree but the person who should have been the biggest part of is support system (his dad) should have helped him in a positive way. That’s what good dads do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      I don’t disagree but the person who should have been the biggest part of is support system (his dad) should have helped him in a positive way. That’s what good dads do.
      Jesus Christ you people are nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        I can respect that and even have a bit of empathy, But why then did he bad mouth GM in the print media and relish every single transfer who left the program?

He’s spinning because of his growing reputation as a selfish player, internal poison to the team, the program, and the coaching staff.

Should have kept his mouth shut. Playing 24.7 minutes per game as a Sophomore wasn’t good enough for poor Erik.

Good Riddance Erik. You had your positive moments and the support of Shocker Nation. Pretty sad stuff.

Comment

Girlfriend issues? Someone once said, when there are problems on the team, its either money, women, or both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

Jesus Christ you people are nuts.
            It sounds like you may have parental issues. It’s hard to be a good parent and you sometimes need to support someone else besides your son to actually help them. Helicopter parents are becoming quite common. They feel better but their kids aren’t better for it.

Comment

If that is truly the case then be gone and stop trying to trash the coach and team on your way out the door. Be professional and say the right things and move on.

Comment

• If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Looks like it has since been deleted.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Tweet deleted
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• what was the tweet?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockinglyno View Post
                        what was the tweet?
                        Erik talked about his mental health and needed a better place to support it etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It sounds like you may have parental issues. It’s hard to be a good parent and you sometimes need to support someone else besides your son to actually help them. Helicopter parents are becoming quite common. They feel better but their kids aren’t better for it.
                          Huh?

Comment

• Ya probably not the best to admit you had mental issues and that why you couldn't get along with coaches if you trying to go to another school
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I only saw part if the tweet, but it said:

”Personally, I was going through mental health stuff off the court which translated to my play on the court, which deteriorated relationships. It is not what I wanted to happen, but did happen. Change of environment is needed for...”

Comment

• If Stevenson is bipolar, that would explain a lot. He'd either be on top of the world, or the entire world would be on top of him. Depression can be absolutely debilitating. It tends to give people Jekkyl/Hyde personalities. Either everybody's favorite person, or the person no one wants to be around.

Here's a partial list of symptoms:
                                • Disconnected and very fast (racing) thoughts.
                                • Grandiose beliefs.
                                • Inappropriate elation or euphoria.
                                • Inappropriate irritability.
                                • Inappropriate social behavior.
                                • Increased sexual desire.
                                • Increased talking speed or volume.
                                • Markedly increased energy.

Seems to fit fairly well.

It can also result in a parent going into "cover" or "protective" mode because they don't want anyone to know their child might have a problem. Lots of stigma attached to this disorder.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X