No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are some Marshall facts for you 46; his success against members of the AAC as of this date -

Cincinnati 1-6; Houston 1-5; Memphis 2-3; Temple 4-3; Tulsa 5-1; SMU 4-1; UCF 5-0; USF 3-1; ECU 5-0; Tulane 4-0

These numbers coupled with Marshall's statement in the published interview that nothing is wrong with how he coaches (both in practice and game) do not give me confidence for the Shockers future in the AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You don't really understand this do you? Marshall wasn't successful then either. He has become successful now. Richey is not successful .. he may or may not become succesful. Period end of story. Trying to say Richey is already successful is your problem. He's not by any stretch of the truth.
      Is your position that Marshall was not successful at Winthrop? The Shockers hired an unproven an unsuccessful coach to replace Turgeon? Is that your argument? If so, I would conclude that you must think Kentucky (Adolph Rupp), UNC (Dean Smith), Villanova (Jay Wright) and Duke (Coach K) hired unsuccessful coaches to coach their basketball programs.

What I understand and practiced during a 45 year management career is that to be successful over time a manager has to recruit and hire young, emerging, successful talent, which IMO Bob Richey is. If Marshall leaves at age 60, Richey should have 6 years as a head coach and could have accumulated more than 140 victories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Is your position that Marshall was not successful at Winthrop? The Shockers hired an unproven an unsuccessful coach to replace Turgeon? Is that your argument? If so, I would conclude that you must think Kentucky (Adolph Rupp), UNC (Dean Smith), Villanova (Jay Wright) and Duke (Coach K) hired unsuccessful coaches to coach their basketball programs.

What I understand and practiced during a 45 year management career is that to be successful over time a manager has to recruit and hire young, emerging, successful talent, which IMO Bob Richey is. If Marshall leaves at age 60, Richey should have 6 years as a head coach and could have accumulated more than 140 victories.
        ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

• Are we seriously debating the Big South vs. Souther Conference now??? Man, someone give me Coronavirus and put me out of my misery already.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The ironic part of this is that 76 is exhibiting the same personality traits he is trying to kick Marshall out the door for.

Someone that is stuck in their ways and thinks no one knows better than him so they won't change.

Comment

• When Marshall leaves wichita state I hope whoever the AD hires is the best possible hire. Be it Bob Richey, Steve Eck, or most likely someone else. But I hope they aren't hired because some random guy on shockernet is hyping them up.

I also don't see it happening anytime soon, so all this talk is just dumb.

Comment

• I selected Erik to be my favorite player before he set foot on campus. There were glimpses of that. His shot looked so good, until it didn't go in. He played hard (even Evan Wessel like). I wanted so badly for his shot to start going in. There were times that it did. Then I found myself disappointed that after a made three-pointer, he'd be back-peddling at mid court jumping up and down like he'd just done something very special. I remember Markis having to break that habit, too. It took Markis some time to break that habit. Maybe Erik will come around, even if not at WSU. The player that makes a three and then sneaks in to steal the inbound pass is who I want to see as a Shocker (Baker, VanVleet, and others, as well).
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                    When Marshall leaves wichita state I hope whoever the AD hires is the best possible hire. Be it Bob Richey, Steve Eck, or most likely someone else. But I hope they aren't hired because some random guy on shockernet is hyping them up.

I also don't see it happening anytime soon, so all this talk is just dumb.
                    Steve Eck? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Comment

• Here is what I am beginning to be sorry I ever met (virtually) Erik:

Jack: Now get this We ain't partners We ain't brothers And we ain't friends I'm puttin' you down and keepin' you down until Ganz is locked up or dead And if Ganz gets away you're gonna be sorry YOU ever MET me beat

Reggie: I'm already sorry

Comment

I said SUCCESSFUL coaches
                        I hear he does have VERY successful post game pressers

Comment

• Originally posted by Kashman View Post

I hear he does have VERY successful post game pressers
                          what I remember from the Lil' Richey post game press conference after he lost at home to a Wichita State team that was loaded with freshman was that within the first minute he was complaining that one of his players had a hurt shoulder.

very lame imo

Comment

Making and winning in the NCAA tournament.

Bob Richey's Resume:
                            NCAA tournament Wins: 0
                            NCAA tournament appearances: 0
                            heck lets go farther
                            NIT Wins: 0
                            Career Postseason wins in any tournament including pay to play tournaments: 0

You have low low low low standards for success.
                            OK, yeah but Richey is UNDEFEATED in press conferences and he shows up on time for his coach's show every. single. time.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• It's official. 1976 is the biggest troll on the forum. Says a lot, considering the amount of KU toilet dwellers there are here.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X