No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see where he actually lands. A 30% 3 point shooter who is a head case and a walking team-chemistry experiment. Whatever and good riddance. Can anyone explain exactly what "leadreship" he provided this team? Being a douche bag when things didn't go how he liked?

Comment

• I think there are two completely separate issues for ES and JB. The ES issue is not hard to figure out and come to a conclusion that's likely to be accurate.

JB's issue was probably going to be PT next year and taking on a different role. It's pretty clear the starters at the positions he could play would have been Sherfield, Etienne, and Dennis. JB, like many on SN, may have questioned that starting lineup and his role going forward.

Of the players who saw a lot of floor time and left, I think JB is the only one with a sound and logical reason. It's clear he had his mind made up some time ago.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I'm sure ES's comments in the Eagle will cause top-notch coaches to jump over themselves for him. Just dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
          I'm sure ES's comments in the Eagle will cause top-notch coaches to jump over themselves for him. Just dumb.
          Can someone provide a link to the story? Thanks.

Comment

• I lost a lot of respect for ES after his dad’s postings this year and yesterday’s Eagle article. He was definitely not the next Ron Baker, and I am mad at myself for even thinking that. I just unfollowed him on Instagram. Wish him the best of course, but please leave our program alone. He and his dad will get a wake up call from whoever takes a chance on him after that article.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Can someone provide a link to the story? Thanks.
              Taylor Eldridge: ‘Coach and I didn’t have a great relationship’: Erik Stevenson speaks on WSU transfer

https://www.kansas.com/article241187251.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                I lost a lot of respect for ES after his dad’s postings this year and yesterday’s Eagle article. He was definitely not the next Ron Baker, and I am mad at myself for even thinking that. I just unfollowed him on Instagram. Wish him the best of course, but please leave our program alone. He and his dad will get a wake up call from whoever takes a chance on him after that article.
                Don't forget his dad calling last year's Seniors selfish too. Oh, the irony.

Should have raised more red flags at the time.
                The Assman

Comment

• I have been a shocker fan nice the 60's when in Jr high at maize. Became season ticket holder as soon as I got out of the Marine Corp untill my work took me to Austin tx. WSU has had many very good or great coaches in several sports over all of those years. All of those good or great coaches almost always moved to what is now called power 5 conferences within a couple years.
                  We should all be very appreciative of a good to great coach (whatever your opinion is) staying true to WSU. HCGM has created his own problem by being so successful. I saw the same thing with Mac brown in longhorn football. Hope some WSU fans can lose their arrogance, as they look a little like longhorn football fans.

Comment

• Never mind

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      Can anyone explain exactly what "leadreship" he provided this team? Being a douche bag when things didn't go how he liked?
                      I totally agree. When times were good, he was positive but when adversity set in, the worst seemed to come out in him. None of us were around to know the full story but I would not be surprised if a cancer was spread around when things did not go his way.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

His dad is whining on one of the FB Shocker pages about being excommunicated from one of the other FB Shocker pages. Maybe he doesn't realize that such a decision is totally up to the admins and mods of those groups? Maybe he didn't realize that if your kid leaves the program maybe you wouldn't be considered "faithful?"
                        Back when I was coaching youth sports, we had a competitive soccer team tryout and there was an outstanding kid who, as for himself, was pretty quite. His dad, on the other hand, was loud, yakked all the time, and was never pleased with his boy's performance. We both made our decision quickly. Felt the dad would be a big problem, not only for his son, but for the other players, and that was that.

Comment

• Takeaways:

1. I predict internet scholars will look back on the coronavirus and wonder how many it killed with useless internet content.

2. I deserve some type of award for being born in the 70s and figuring out how to do this table on the first try.

3. I started looking at career stats to try and find someone that had started half or more of the games in a season for Marshall that was a worse statistical shooter than ES and I couldn't find one so I kept going. Stats are career, WSU only. I don't care about apples to apples sophomore whatever, so don't bother pointing it out. I even threw big men on there if they actually took real 3s in games.

4. Erik really truly was the worst 3 point shooting frequent starter that we've seen in the Marshall era...

5. ... with the exception of AJ Hawkins. Dead heat with Stutz and Durley though...

6. ... which is not the peer group you want as a shooting guard in the AAC. Not to mention Shard, Rauno, Z Brown, and Machine Gun Willis all being significantly more reliable from 3 than you are.

7. Erik also has the worst effective FG%, tied with Samajae and AJ Hawkins (neither of whom, I believe, were ever recruited by Arizona, Texas, Gonzaga, or Creighton)

8. Graham Hatch! 38 percent from 3 in his career, but 100% from distance in the Gah-den with a championship banner on the line.

9. I had to double check Darius Carter, but he actually did hit 4 of 7.

10. Got dam Rags could play. Just seeing these numbers made me remember the Davidson game.

Bottom line - maybe ES would have improved, maybe he wouldn't have. But I doubt his shot selection would have, and I hated watching it.

Good luck to the young man elsewhere - it's going to be really unfortunate if his only problem was the same as Ricky Vaughn and he torches the NCAAs next year in those glasses.

2FG% 3FG% All FG% eFG%
                          Stevenson 45 29 35 44
                          Etienne 35 39 38 51
                          Burton 44 34 42 46
                          Dennis 38 37 37 48
                          Wade 49 32 43 49
                          Echenique 54 31 52 53
                          McDuffie 49 34 43 50
                          Haynes-Jones 41 32 37 44
                          Shamet 56 44 49 61
                          Frankamp 48 39 43 55
                          Willis 54 38 52 54
                          Reaves 45 45 45 60
                          Z Brown 56 33 43 53
                          Kelly 49 32 47 49
                          Morris 56 36 55 56
                          Nurger 57 32 50 55
                          Daishon Smith 45 38 41 53
                          Baker 51 37 43 53
                          Van Vleet 45 39 43 49
                          Wessel 53 30 37 48
                          Early 56 35 47 54
                          Cotton 50 34 44 50
                          Carter 52 57 52 53
                          Armstead 44 35 40 48
                          D Williams 52 32 43 50
                          Ragland 60 42 52 61
                          Stutz 55 29 52 53
                          Murry 45 31 41 46
                          Kyles 49 36 42 52
                          B Smith 56 39 46 57
                          Durley 54 29 48 52
                          Hatch 49 38 42 54
                          Hannah 51 41 45 57
                          Hawkins 47 22 43 44
                          Cousinard 52 35 46 52
                          Breuer 48 36 41 51
                          Mekel 45 31 38 45

Comment

• He just needs to go away, and get on with his life. He’s no longer a Shocker...

Comment

• Disappointed n ES. Liked his swagger and that made up for his inconsistency. With the anticipated new rules, will he have to sit out a year If WSU doesn’t give him his release?

Comment

• Considering ES's "Me first" attitude, I doubt that Marshall would object to any trfr within the league.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X