No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coworker and I were talking about this discussion... and like most things, there is nuance.

Picture this:

1- Common foul, MO goes to the line and misses the front end of a 1-1. 0 pts in 1 possession.
    2- Same thing, MO is fouled, goes to the line, and misses the front end of a 1-1. 0pts in 2 possessions.
    3- MO is fouled and hits both FT. 2pts in 3 possesions.

MO is still 50% from the line, but in the above, he is averaging .66667 points per possession.

MO shooting 50% form the line would be a good thing if all of college basketball was FT shooting, but it's not.

Comment

• Is it so hard to understand that sometimes when a player is fouled, there was already a made 2 point basket?

If there is a made basket and a made FT, that's 3 points for the possession. A made basket and a missed FT is 2 points for the possession. A missed FG and 1 of 2 FT's is 1 point for the possession. It's going to take a lot of missed front end of 1-and-1's to make up for the 2 and 3 point possessions, as the majority of fouls on post players don't tend to be 1-and-1's.

There are only 3 potential 1-and-1's shot per team per half. If any of those 3 possible 1-and1's were fouls in the act of shooting, there will not be 3 1-and-1's in that half.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        There are only 3 potential 1-and-1's shot per team per half. If any of those 3 possible 1-and1's were fouls in the act of shooting, there will not be 3 1-and-1's in that half.
        This is the most important point in the entire argument. Odds that your worst FT shooter takes the three 1-1 opportunities has to be extremely low. There should be a stat, however, for missing the front end as it eliminates the opportunity for your team to score even 1 point on that possession.

Comment

• I wonder what Erik thinks of all this detailed basketball analysis?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
            I wonder what Erik thinks of all this detailed basketball analysis?
            Probably just realized he should feed the post and hope for foul calls :)

Comment

• Anyone else have a headache after reading the last few pages of this thread? Can we get back to just bitching about timeouts and officiating?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
                I wonder what Erik thinks of all this detailed basketball analysis?
                He surmised that if we could somehow combine all the board’s basketball ‘experts’ we would end up with .75 of a Dan Mueller or .67 of a Mike Cohen.
                Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; February 20, 2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• He’s alive!

Comment

• He had an awesome all-around game. His dad just needs to STFU

Comment

• Erik seems to come alive when things get chippy. He got some swagger back today. Great to see!
                        Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          He had an awesome all-around game. His dad just needs to STFU
                          i must have missed something with his pops.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
                            Erik seems to come alive when things get chippy. He got some swagger back today. Great to see!
                            swagger is good, he just needs to channel the energy and play smart. He can very good when he’s not forcing things and trying to be the hero.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
                              Erik seems to come alive when things get chippy. He got some swagger back today. Great to see!
                              Swagger looks an awful lot like "being a punk" at times. I can't always tell the difference. But then again, I am not an expert.

Comment

• We him need to play well to have any shot of making a run next week. JE, JB, and ES all need to play well.

Comment

Working...
                                X