Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shelback View Post

I have heard some rumors that Eric might be fighting tru a injury. Dex has came out if his funk surely Eric will 2.
    that would explain some things. Eric is a tough SOB and a ‘no excuse’ guy. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was injured and kept in on the down low.

your right....we had Eric going earlier....and now Dex has it going. If we could get them cooking at the same time we could be scary good

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

Curious, Before the season...What were your expectations for a team with 10/13 scholarship players being freshman and sophomores?
      When you are paying your coach top 10-15 type money and giving him the resources he needs, my expectations are that his program will be a perennial NCAA team. You can forgive a year like last year where you can rationalize a perfect storm of events.

If this program wants to do the MVC model of competing every 4 years then WSU is overpaying their coach for those types of results. Of course, WSU right now is on target to return to the NCAA tournament. They just need to finish by winning the games they should and maybe steal one on the road since they lost one they should have won at home. They do have to stop this losing streak from snowballing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

When you are paying your coach top 10-15 type money and giving him the resources he needs, my expectations are that his program will be a perennial NCAA team. You can forgive a year like last year where you can rationalize a perfect storm of events.

If this program wants to do the MVC model of competing every 4 years then WSU is overpaying their coach for those types of results. Of course, WSU right now is on target to return to the NCAA tournament. They just need to finish by winning the games they should and maybe steal one on the road since they lost one they should have won at home. They do have to stop this losing streak from snowballing.
        The only thing I disagree with is the resources part. While the charter flights for games and recruiting are great we are falling behind in the facilities race with the top programs in the league. Our weight room for basketball is mediocre, our locker rooms are so-so, we have to share a practice facility and a weight room with other sports and the wi-fi in Koch sucks. Okay the last concern was mine, but we are slowly falling behind in the other areas and I’ve heard nothing about any of that changing. Track and Baseball getting their own facilities and the student success center will be nice, but the other problems haven’t been addressed.

Comment

• K State has a men and women’s basketball large practice facility as well as a basketball only weight room. It really pissed me off when I toured it last summer.

Game atmosphere only takes you so far in recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

The only thing I disagree with is the resources part. While the charter flights for games and recruiting are great we are falling behind in the facilities race with the top programs in the league. Our weight room for basketball is mediocre, our locker rooms are so-so, we have to share a practice facility and a weight room with other sports and the wi-fi in Koch sucks. Okay the last concern was mine, but we are slowly falling behind in the other areas and I’ve heard nothing about any of that changing. Track and Baseball getting their own facilities and the student success center will be nice, but the other problems haven’t been addressed.
            Cup holders! Don't forget cup holders!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

This is 100% accurate. Folks, we're falling behind in the arms race, if you know what I mean. If we don't get our freaking act together we're going to end up back in the MVC. My question is why didn't the AD take advantage of our frickin' F4 run and raise a ton of money when everyone was sky high and cheerio? The only thing I can think of is that it was at the start of the Shock the World fundraising for the school and the AD was told to call off his dogs. Or incompetence. You decide. BTW, what the h*ll ever happened to the sky boxes in Koch? Apparently it died a quiet death.

Shoxlax is a Shockernet legend and that was a great post.
              You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

One of those times where someone else makes my point more eloquently than I could even think it.

Bravo
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I just don't get the ES-RB comparisons.

I think it was Shane on the radio last week who said ES' shot has been off more than it's been on during his career.

Reminds me of that political moment when what's his name said "I knew Jack Kennedy and you're no Jack Kennedy."

Comment

• Baker was often on in Big games but I never thought that his shot was what made him great. HIs defense was very good, and Eric has some work to do in this area too. There are some comparisons to be made, when Eric's been good (fearless, etc.), but I really don't care about comparisons.

I haven't given up on Eric yet, and I think he could still be the gear that puts us into the tournament if he finds what he had earlier. Ron's not here anymore, and I want to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      I just don't get the ES-RB comparisons.

I think it was Shane on the radio last week who said ES' shot has been off more than it's been on during his career.

Reminds me of that political moment when what's his name said "I knew Jack Kennedy and you're no Jack Kennedy."
                      They're both white. That's about it

Comment

• They both play really hard

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          Baker was often on in Big games but I never thought that his shot was what made him great. HIs defense was very good, and Eric has some work to do in this area too. There are some comparisons to be made, when Eric's been good (fearless, etc.), but I really don't care about comparisons.

I haven't given up on Eric yet, and I think he could still be the gear that puts us into the tournament if he finds what he had earlier. Ron's not here anymore, and I want to win.
                          Ron also just played really solid, didn’t make many bone headed plays. This could be said of Cotton and Fred too. Smart players.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

They're both white. That's about it

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Here is my take on Eric. I know that loosing someone dearly close to you takes time to adjust. What we saw on Eric after his grandpa death. Is probably really starting to sink in. And of course he did get stuffed on his hand. That could have thrown him off. There are so many factors for his current form but he will get back before he got into all this. Just like Dexter it takes time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                I just don't get the ES-RB comparisons.
                                Those comparisons were being made 4 weeks ago when Erik was playing STELLAR, and his numbers and play were certainly in Ron Baker territory. I haven't seen anybody saying that for quite some time, however, but maybe I missed a recent post?
                                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X