No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ES is a good kid and I really like him. His emotional strength is also his weakness. But you know, sometimes you just have to be quiet and let your play on the court do all the talking for you. I am sure as time goes by he will learn this lesson. Time to move on.

Comment

• Stevenson is a good player, getting better, and tough as nails. He does have leadership potential, but he needs to mature and keep his wits about him.

He doesn't compare to Baker in terms of behavior -- Ron was all class all the time, the guy who insisted on getting an ovation for Jake Odum in his final game -- but how many collegians do?

Comment

• Im sure he would probably take back his kiss in hindsight.

Best thing for him to do is have another huge game, blow kisses to the adoring Shocker fans in Koch Arena Saturday and continue kicking everyone's ass in the league going forward in a business-like fashion.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I've taken some time to think and reflect, and here's my opinion, which I'm certain some will get uppity about and blast me because of it.

Going to half court and blowing kisses at an opposing teams' fan base after a hard fought game is REALLY bad. It's classless. It's rude. It's incredibly immature. It probably didn't set well with the coaching staff or the rest of the team. What would we have thought if Kyle Weems, at MSU, had done that in CKA? We would have blasted him for weeks.

If Stevenson had any intention of becoming a team leader, he blew it off in that moment. You might say he kissed it goodbye. To be a team leader, a player has to have the respect of his teammates. From what I've seen and heard from many of the team members, they give and get respect. They are a group of young men who appear to have high standards of behavior and what is right and what is wrong.

It's reasonable to think that Stevenson took some heat from both his teammates and the coaching staff. That may have contributed to his shooting slump, I also noticed that Marshall pulled him out of the game with about 30 seconds left at USF. Why sub a player out with 38 seconds left and a 15-point lead? To make a point with that player that he isn't going to be on the court at the end of a victory on the road.

If a player on an opposing team did that at CKA, we would think of and call that player a punk.

You are making a lot of assumptions in your post. Bottom line for me is that I think his attitude and passion is what drives him and makes him as mentally tough as he is. I'd rather have 10 ES on the team than a bunch of passionless pansies who are afraid to show emotion. Having said that, there is a point where it goes too far, I just don't think ES has gone that far. By all accounts he is a great young man and teammate. I'm guessing if ES wasn't in a slump and was still shooting lights out and leading the team in Play Angry, nobody would feel the need to bash.

Comment

• Shooting well or not, it was a shitty thing to do

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
              ES is a good kid and I really like him. His emotional strength is also his weakness. But you know, sometimes you just have to be quiet and let your play on the court do all the talking for you. I am sure as time goes by he will learn this lesson. Time to move on.
              It's kinda like I say about umpires and officials. They need to be deaf when working. Except in this case to his coach and teammates.

Comment

• Eric keep doing your thing! All these sensitive a$$ people need to move on! They’ll be kissing a$$ once u go off this Saturday!

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                  Eric keep doing your thing! All these sensitive a$$ people need to move on! They’ll be kissing a$$ once u go off this Saturday!

GO SHOX!
                  Exactly!!

Comment

• There are a lot of softies on this forum who would rather see a player do a curtsy to an opposing team in victory celebration than to show some youthful 'street ball' exuberance. ES is no Marshall Henderson (which I wouldn't mind if he was).

Comment

• I'll take RB's temperament and drive, which is the true definition of class and leadership.

That said it's probably unfair to levy those standards upon existing or future players

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Shooting well or not, it was a shitty thing to do
                        I suppose that's debatable, but at least he didn't do something like this...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                          There are a lot of softies on this forum who would rather see a player do a curtsy to an opposing team in victory celebration than to show some youthful 'street ball' exuberance. ES is no Marshall Henderson (which I wouldn't mind if he was).
                          Really? It's probably best we not go there. Henderson had a substance problem... and other problems. His 'gifs' are funny as hell, but his antics were an embarrassment to Ole Miss.

This might be the best gif I've ever seen...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Shooting well or not, it was a shitty thing to do
                            Boo freaking hoo.

Those entitled northeast pricks can go eff themselves.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I’m glad to have him. He has been in a funk lately (as has the team) but he is a major reason we beat some good teams and have the record we enjoy today.

Comment

• I think a lot of people forget this:

Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                                ...he is a major reason we beat some good teams and have the record we enjoy today.

Comment

Working...
                                X