attendance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

At one time, you could not transfer your parent's tickets into your own name. Is that still true?
    Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

There are issues with maintaining SASO points and the like, but I have found if you go in and talk to the folks at the ticket office, they are quite able/willing to preserve your ability to attend games. My group has managed a number of seat transitions without issue.
    As Cdizzle has state, it's sort of a yes/no situation. I believe they will work with you on holding on to seats, probably even the current seats if you continue at the same level of SASO. So, they're in your name, but the points are gone and you build up your own points.

If there was a "re-seating", one could lose those seats and you go to what ever level your contributions and points will get you, potentially even not getting any seats. That wouldn't appear as likely now, but who knows depending on the success of the team. Anything involving points, such as which day you get tickets for Intrust games and so forth, is now on your points.

This is something family owned businesses and corporations don't have a problem with, regardless of how long they've had tickets or who's running the company.

Comment

I’ve heard some folks don’t like the hassle of parking a mile away and walking in the cold. Granted, this was some time ago, maybe shuttles are helping with that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Taylor Eldridge: With basketball attendance dipping, Gregg Marshall challenges Wichita State fanbase

“We have the best fans in the world, but unfortunately this is an epidemic all over the country,” Marshall said. “We’re not immune to it. What I would like to (ask) is if our fans could give their tickets to someone that would wear yellow and black and make a lot of noise, instead of putting them in a drawer and letting them sit there.”

.Also from Coach Marshall:

“And if you don’t have a cell phone, borrow mine. I’ll let you have mine for the introductions.”

Who will be the first to ask Coach Marshall for his cell phone? BTW, what is keeping the coaching staff from lighting up and waving their cell phones. Perhaps that would get the crowd willing to participate.
        I dunno how to turn mine on

Comment

I know many are unhappy with parking. I’ve been BG for many years and as BG kept losing spaces over the years we got to the point where we gave up on BG parking, and started parking in the student lots by 17th street. Quite a hike to the game!

Now they’ve opened up new BG parking in the old Fairmount towers lot. It’s awesome! Very close to the arena and easy to get out of after the game. But it’s 90% empty every game. I think maybe partitioning that lot up so people wouldn’t have to park on the side streets might be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post

100% you are correct, I get $0 if I do not sell my tickets. Sunk cost. However, when you list your tickets for $20 and get multiple "I'd take them from you for free" responses.... no thanks. Sorry, I'm not here to supply others with tickets to the game. My position on this has a lot more to do with today's 'freebie' society than anything else. I willingly had my tickets over to friends/family. If I don't know you and you don't have a darn good reason I should supply you a free ticket.... then you aren't getting a free ticket. Why can't those that don't pay the inflated prices for season tickets respect those of us that do contribute and just pay a fair market value for the tickets?

The team is better than last year, but has a LONG ways to go to be an NCAA team. I see plenty of things to work on. And calling out the fans is not the best look, not after playing cupcake A&M for the 5th consecutive home game. He does this every year. And every year, it leads to this same discussion on here.
            First part didn't say anything you already didn't say. Yet again, you take a stand or you give them away .. both scenarios end up with zero dollars in your pocket. You taking a stand just means less people to cheer on the team you supposedly root for. Congrats on accomplishing nothing.

As far as the LONG way to be an NCAA team .. we are already being mentioned in conversation as a possible NCAA team by most experts and most metrics have us 2-4th in the AAC which is likely an NCAA team. So i'm going to disagree on that. Marshall knows what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I dunno how to turn mine on
              What type of phone?

Comment

If you don't want to walk, find someone to drop you off or rotate between members of your party as to whose turn it is to park and walk. I get this concept for those who are elderly or have health issues preventing them. I've had to drop my father off at the front and then go park numerous times in previous years when I go to games. There are solutions other than "I just don't feel like walking".

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Reading this thread and have come to a conclusion...we are becoming a spoiled fan base.
                  If you donate and spend the amount I do with WSU...... better yet, have spent what I've spent over the years, feel free to call me spoiled and I'll thank you for your years contributions. Also, as for others here who have contributed for years, but stopped, Thank You for your help to Shocker sports. I can sympathize with the choices you made.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge‏ @tayloreldridge 4h4 hours ago

More
                    10,064 -- Wichita State's average announced attendance (tickets sold) this season 6,426 -- Wichita State's average actual attendance (tickets scanned) this season The first 6 home games of the season have ranged from 6,178 to 6,759 for actual fans in seats.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I'm not convinced that pricing isn't part of the problem. At least one poster already said how he's not giving away his tickets for free. I wonder how many others are trying to recoup some money by selling some of their tickets on StubHub in order to afford going to the rest of the games. I know one person who does this with their Chief's tickets. I am part of a group of 3 who split one set of season tickets in order to continue to afford them.

As for the quality of the home non-conference schedule, when have we consistently had more than one or two quality home opponents? (prior to joining the AAC, and BracketBuster games don't count). We have complained about that for the entire existence of ShockerNet. I don't think that's the problem. A better schedule would help, certainly. But it's not as if we were ever used to that.
                      I'm curious how many major teams have Non-Cons with more than 3 High Major or Quality mid Major teams on their schedule at home. Ours are OU, Ole Miss and VCU

Quick look
                      Top 3 KU home games
                      Colorado
                      ETSU?
                      UNCG?

Duke
                      Colorado State
                      Stephen F Austin (oops)
                      Winthrop

Kentucky
                      Louisville
                      Georgia Tech
                      Evansville?

UNC
                      Ohio State
                      Yale
                      UNCW?

I wouldn't take those schedules over ours ....

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

If you donate and spend the amount I do with WSU...... better yet, have spent what I've spent over the years, feel free to call me spoiled and I'll thank you for your years contributions. Also, as for others here who have contributed for years, but stopped, Thank You for your help to Shocker sports. I can sympathize with the choices you made.
                        I contribute plenty thank you. Not sure it's to the evidently baller amount that you do. And I don't even live in Wichita anymore or go to games, and I STILL contribute. I don't need to be lectured. Thanks though. You are proving my spoiled comment.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

What does that have to do with you making sure there is A butt in your seat that you already paid for? That's the point here.

Comment

It takes a minimal amount of effort for corporate donors to find a HS team or youth organization or military personnel to give their tickets to. You have to put a plan in place. Most of them don’t put a deadline on employees claiming the tickets so they sit there unused at the end of the day of the game. I’ve seen it first hand. By x number of hours (24 or 48) before the game the tickets need to go to someone else if not taken by employees.

Comment

1. Price, this is where having a 16K seat arena comes in handy because you have multiple price points for entry.
                              2. Attendance is down everywhere, in every league.
                              3. It was Central Arkansas, a very poor opponet.
                              4. The shine is off of us locally with the lack of post season success in the last 4 years. It is what it is.
                              5. Like someone else said, the old guard is dying off and their kids (me included) either moved away or don't have the extra cash to pony up because they are raising families. Thus, corporations are buying them. Speaking of old guard and their kids, it is funny how spoiled we are. Ta town would be in complete anarchy right now had Scott Thompson put a team like this on the court. The anticipation for the OSU game would have been electric and the talk of the town. We desperately need a post season run to put some electricity back into the Roundhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

What type of phone?
                                Rotary

Comment

Working...
                                X