No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. West Virginia Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be one of those games where it's "be careful what you ask for." I cringed during the entire UNI/WVU game, thinking we were going to have to deal with UNI and a former MVC foe rather than a P5 team that would help our Selection Sunday chances. But today I'm getting that pit in the stomach feeling that Huggy's Bears got woke last night and are going to be pissed. Here's to the good guys being Angry and playing like it. Protect the ball gents and get those rebounds.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      I wonder what day it is?
      Bitches wanna know!
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

I have to ask: where did you read or hear this? I'd be shocked if JB was struggling with knowing the set plays. This is his second year in the system. And if that were the case, why would JB in the game during crunch time and, oh by the way, get more minutes than Grant?
        He said something to the affect of “Jamarius was blowing up a bunch of our sets. We have to get him up to speed on that.” on his post game interview with Kennedy for the...Gardner-Webb or UT Martin game.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

He said something to the affect of “Jamarius was blowing up a bunch of our sets. We have to get him up to speed on that.” on his post game interview with Kennedy for the...Gardner-Webb or UT Martin game.
          That’s taken out of context. I heard him saying that and it was in reference to him having missed a lot of practice time due to injury. He also said it was unlike him for that to happen.

Comment

Wednesday College Hoops Picks : Wichita State vs West Virginia

Comment

doesn't seem to be much discussion on the WV boards.

Comment

Tim Doyle on CBS Sports has called the game tonight for the Shocks and named the good guys as his Final Four sleeper pick.

Comment

Jinx, you owe me a coke!

Comment

Wsu 72 wv 57 back to back games I beleive favor wsu and its depth. Lets get DD going tonight

Comment

Won't ever argue with positive press. Haven't heard WSU and final four in the same sentence for a couple of seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by scbouska12 View Post

That’s taken out of context. I heard him saying that and it was in reference to him having missed a lot of practice time due to injury. He also said it was unlike him for that to happen.
                        I agree. I was just responding to the question about where the quote came from.

Comment

The only thing I might take just a little exception to in Tim Doyle's analysis is that the Shockers have veterans. We have no 4-year D-1 players on the roster. We have only 1 players who is just starting his 3rd year as a D-1 players and he played relatively sparingly his 1st two years. We have 6 players with 1 year of D-1 experience and we have 5 D-1 newbies, one of which appears to be redshirting, among our 13 scholarship players. A veteran team this is not. Other than that though he is right about the Shocks being a potential sleeper. They should only get better by the time March rolls around. The Shocks may very well be that underseeded team you don't want to see in your NCAA bracket next spring.

Comment

Low scoring affair— WsU 61 WvU 51

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The only thing I might take just a little exception to in Tim Doyle's analysis is that the Shockers have veterans. We have no 4-year D-1 players on the roster. We have only 1 players who is just starting his 3rd year as a D-1 players and he played relatively sparingly his 1st two years. We have 6 players with 1 year of D-1 experience and we have 5 D-1 newbies, one of which appears to be redshirting, among our 13 scholarship players. A veteran team this is not. Other than that though he is right about the Shocks being a potential sleeper. They should only get better by the time March rolls around. The Shocks may very well be that underseeded team you don't want to see in your NCAA bracket next spring.
                              Agree. There hasn't been a team that wanted to face us in the dance for the past 10 years.

Comment

I would expect WVU to play better overall against the Shocks tonight than they did against UNI. There 33-13 run over the last 10 minute of their win over UNI may have some carryover benefits for them. I think the Shocks will need to shoot the ball better than they did against SC to come out on top. I'm expecting a battle tonight. Love all the weapons this Shocker team has and how that makes it difficulty for opponents to hone in on any one or two players or things in their game planning.

Comment

Working...
                                X