X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State vs. West Virginia Pre-Game Discussion

Description: WICHITA STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL VS. WEST VIRGINIA/NORTHERN IOWA
    When: NOV 27 (WED) 7:30 P.M.
    Where: CANCUN, MEXICO (HARD ROCK HOTEL RIVIERA MAYA)
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
    TV: CBS SPORTS NETWORK

The 2018-19 season could not have gone much worse for West Virginia. The Mountaineers were ranked 13th to start the season but lost their first game to Buffalo and only went downhill from there. It was an injury and suspension plagued year that resulted in the lowest win total since 2012-13. This year, Bob Huggins and West Virginia will hope for better results with a younger, new-look roster. WVU is 5-0, with one very good road win at Pittsburgh (5-2). West Virginia was picked to finish 5th in the Big-12 preseason poll.

Odd Makers:
    Vegas: West Virginia by 1.0
    DRatings: To Be Added
    ESPN: West Virginia 52%
    INCCSTATS: West Virginia 54% by 1.0
    KenPom: West Virginia 54% by 1.0
    Massey: WSU 53% by 2.0
    Nolan: WSU by 5.0
    Sagarin: WSU 55% by 1.3
    Torvik: West Virginia 55% by 1.2
    Wilson: To Be Added
    Shocks Win by 10+
    27.42%
    Shocks Win by 5+
    50.00%
    Shocks Win by 1+
    9.68%
    Toss Up - Could Go Either Way
    8.06%
    Shocks Lose by 1+
    0%
    Shocks Lose by 5+
    3.23%
    Shocks Lose by 10+
    1.61%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; November 27, 2019, 09:54 AM. Reason: Updated Prediction Model

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein 15m15 minutes ago

More
    West Virginia versus Wichita State on Wednesday night in the Cancun title game. A word to the wise: Don't show up if you're soft.

Comment

The thing I dread most about this game is having to listen to those terrible tv announcers again.

Comment

We all watched WV 2nite. They looked bad for almost 35 minutes. They still won. Wednesdays game will be tough. The teams are polar opposites offensively. WV is stronger inside-out. Shox not necessarily so. I think we're outside-in. WV big men have some outside shooting ability. The guard play for WV has been inconsistent from 3. Hope they don't get hot. Our guards will have to board. Play together and we obviously have a shot. Get hot from 3 and it could go sour for WV. BRING IT SHOCKER FANS IN CANCUN!!

Comment

Someone has to refer to this game as First Chance U vs Second Chance U, don’t they?

Comment

It may be close in the first half but our depth will win out in the second. Our legs are going to be MUCH fresher that theirs.

Now let's go get a Championship!!

Comment

16 turnovers against South Carolina doesn't bode well for WVU. We have generally taken care of the ball up until today but I have a feeling we're gonna be pushing 20 tomorrow. And this team actually has a pulse. Could be ugly and messy. Hopefully the guys don't panic.
              Last edited by ShockerFever; November 26, 2019, 11:35 PM.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

THIS ONE'S FOR TEDDY!!!!
                The Assman

Comment

If Evansville can beat Kentucky and SFA beat Duke, I’ll be pissed if we can’t beat West Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                    If Evansville can beat Kentucky and SFA beat Duke, I’ll be pissed if we can’t beat West Virginia.
                    lol what?

We're likely gonna be slight favorites in this game.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

KenPom has the game 66-65 WV - so basically a toss-up.

WSU moved from 58 to 47 in KenPom rating with today's victory. Win against WV will give WSU another big jump. WSU's defensive efficiency in KenPom is now 11th in the nation.

Comment

With more rest and better depth along with feeling great about today's performance I expect a Shocker victory. Don't think it's a blowout, but I'll take the Shox by 7. I'd predict we're favored by 1-2. WVU is a big physical team and is going to really pressure our young guards who do seem a little turnover-prone. Will be a great test for our team!

Comment

ETM time...like big-time!!! Tomorrow night! Book it!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            KenPom has the game 66-65 WV - so basically a toss-up.

WSU moved from 58 to 47 in KenPom rating with today's victory. Win against WV will give WSU another big jump. WSU's defensive efficiency in KenPom is now 11th in the nation.
                            Off topic, but I’m not understanding KenPom. How did Kentucky and Duke not get completely crapped on in the metrics for those inexcusable losses? I don’t want the sarcastic comments of “Duke and Kentucky don’t get punished.” Serious question here.
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              16 turnovers against South Carolina doesn't bode well for WVU. We have generally taken care of the ball up until today but I have a feeling we're gonna be pushing 20 tomorrow. And this team actually has a pulse. Could be ugly and messy. Hopefully the guys don't panic.
                              Questions for the game.? Can GS start the game without making a turnover on the first play ? Can DD come out of his funk and start shooting and rebounding? Will MO go missing in action again? Have never seen JB miss 4 free throws in a game let alone 4 in a row? Will we get a fair whistle or will the refs just let West Virginia beat the heck out our guys? Go shocks?

Comment

Working...
                              X