2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    The chances of us winning the league right with the schedule we have left is about as likely as a plastic surgeon finding loose skin to work with on Nancy Pelosi’s face.

Focus your energy and vibes on making the tournament folks. That would be a huge success this year.
    I don't say this about too many posts because this forum is about opinions. But I disagree. I disagree so much I think that statement is #dumb. No offense, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

I don't say this about too many posts because this forum is about opinions. But I disagree. I disagree so much I think that statement is #dumb. No offense, of course.
      None taken. I am happy to be wrong. Just want realism to be mixed in going down the stretch. That comment was geared towards people on the board not our team.
      Last edited by shoxlax; January 26, 2020, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

kelvin sampson is taking great pleasure in check-mating gregg marshall.
        We actually played them good down there last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

We actually played them good down there last year.
          of which kelvin sampson was quite aware.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Houston is better than slightly above average and they were my pick to win it going in. But I have watched a number of their games, and it is not an exaggeration that they were a different team in the game here, primarily in defensive intensity. But that's good on them and we have to figure out how to get there.

They played like the conference championship depended on it. We didn't respond great to that.
            Yah, your last line is key. Even if they did play above their heads, why didn't we match that? They've owned us recently and we were playing to stay in first at home. If you don't want teams playing over their heads against you, then you better bring it yourselves and it won't matter. Honestly, I'm not sure what the big deal is. That's pretty much the standard. You're typically gonna "elevate" your game against stronger teams in bigger games and a lot of times play a little bit more down against lesser competition. It doesn't take rocket science to see that teams tend to get up for bigger games.

Regardless, Houston is by far the best team we've played in the conference and outside of WVU, the best team we've played all year. It's not like the game was close either. They owned us. They can get away with their B and C games against South Florida and ECU and still win. When they bring their A game to us, Memphis, Cincy, etc, they're gonna be tough as hell to beat. They are by far the conference favorite as we speak. I don't think that's really debatable.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Yah, your last line is key. Even if they did play above their heads, why didn't we match that? They've owned us recently and we were playing to stay in first at home. If you don't want teams playing over their heads against you, then you better bring it yourselves and it won't matter. Honestly, I'm not sure what the big deal is. That's pretty much the standard. You're typically gonna "elevate" your game against stronger teams in bigger games and a lot of times play a little bit more down against lesser competition. It doesn't take rocket science to see that teams tend to get up for bigger games.

Regardless, Houston is by far the best team we've played in the conference and outside of WVU, the best team we've played all year. It's not like the game was close either. They owned us. They can get away with their B and C games against South Florida and ECU and still win. When they bring their A game to us, Memphis, Cincy, etc, they're gonna be tough as hell to beat. They are by far the conference favorite as we speak. I don't think that's really debatable.
              An unbalanced conference schedule leaves a little room for debate, IMO. Tulsa has a significantly easier remaining schedule than the other contenders, by virtue of being picked near the bottom of the league.

Comment

• North Carolina finally wins a game. Beating NC State.

A lot of the media guys are saying there is a legitimate chance at only 3 bids from the ACC...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  North Carolina finally wins a game. Beating NC State.

A lot of the media guys are saying there is a legitimate chance at only 3 bids from the ACC...
                  I'll believe less than 6 when I see it.

They do seem intent on trying to get 12 big10 teams in though.

Comment

I'll believe less than 6 when I see it.

They do seem intent on trying to get 12 big10 teams in though.
                    Big 10 is a little overrated. Just like every school and conference this season. There are going to be more than a handful of teams Sunday night - selection Sunday - maybe around 7-8 pm saying "what the hell? Why didn't we get in?"
                    Last edited by JVShocker; January 27, 2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• I've been a proponent of the 'better than .500 in your league' at-large rule.

How about a 'if there is a number in your league name and it is not equal to the number of teams in your league, you can't have more than the difference' at-large rule.

It's a little wordy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

Big 10 is a little overrated. Just like every school and conference this season. There are going to be more than a handful of teams Sunday night - selection Sunday - maybe around 7-8 pm saying "what the hell? Why didn't we get in?"
                        A little?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Houston is better than slightly above average and they were my pick to win it going in. But I have watched a number of their games, and it is not an exaggeration that they were a different team in the game here, primarily in defensive intensity. But that's good on them and we have to figure out how to get there.

They played like the conference championship depended on it. We didn't respond great to that.
                          And maybe it did.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

A little?
                            Who isn't overrated to you!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Who isn't overrated to you!?
                              From the Big Ten? Nobody. All fluff.

Maybe Michigan State if you're really pointing a gun to my head. That's it though.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Good conference game on tonight - SMU @ Cincy ESPN News channel

Comment

Working...
                                X