2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Tulsa was just called for their first foul. Big difference.

UConn looks a lot better with their ballhog senior guards on the bench.
    Not to quibble but Iā€™m not seeing them foul much.
    Agree on your second point.

Also, Sidney Wilson should be one of the top five players in the league. His unrealized/enigmatic talent would drive me nuts if I was a UCONN fan.

Comment

• Absolutely AWFUL call on the foul there. Completely blocked the 3. Maybe followed through and contacted the arm, but the block was already done. Tulsa screwed huge there.

Comment

• Once again, a team to decides to ā€œdefendā€œ went up three instead of foul in the final seconds and it burns them. I just donā€™t get it.

Comment

• Actually, they did foul. Worked out great, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Absolutely AWFUL call on the foul there. Completely blocked the 3. Maybe followed through and contacted the arm, but the block was already done. Tulsa screwed huge there.
            ......and Iā€™m okay with that, considering how UCONN was allowed to take our arms off at the late stages of our game with them.

Comment

Actually, they did foul. Worked out great, eh?
              No, they did not intentionally foul to set up a two shot foul. They defended and fouled a three point shooter. (Maybe you were just being sarcastic?)

Comment

• And now UConn goes zone.

This is like shockernetter armchair coaches dreams.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

No, they did not intentionally foul to set up a two shot foul. They defended and fouled a three point shooter. (Maybe you were just being sarcastic?)
                  Further illustrating the point.....putting the game in the hands of the referees is risky.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                    Once again, a team to decides to ā€œdefendā€œ went up three instead of foul in the final seconds and it burns them. I just donā€™t get it.
                    Looks like Tulsa will get away with this bad bit of coaching just as Wichita State did.

Comment

And now UConn goes zone.

This is like shockernetter armchair coaches dreams.
                      ...and got completed out of rhythm doing so.

Comment

• If Vital hadn't got all 3 free throws at the end of regulation, I might think he was playing for Tulsa.

Comment

• Just noticed Tulsa also gets a week off before playing us (same as us). Feels like we've played teams with a week off on short turnaround many times before. Guess it doesn't line up for us this year

Comment

Big game at Tulsa next week. Not a lot of meat left on the Tulsa schedule outside of WSU.
                            No, there's not. They have a brutal travel stretch after getting us and UCONN again at home, they go to UCF, back to Tulsa for ECU, BACK to Florida for USF (all 3 in 7 days) and then to Houston. Just go 2-2 in those last 4 and they're likely 1 or 2 in the conference.

Tulsa continues to keep UGONE down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Just noticed Tulsa also gets a week off before playing us (same as us). Feels like we've played teams with a week off on short turnaround many times before. Guess it doesn't line up for us this year
                              Our coaching staff does get the benefit of watching the game today and game planning while Tulsa has to fight flights from back east to get back tonight. So that extra day will help us.

Comment

• Just six games in and the announcer calling the Houston game is saying Houston will win the league. Not mentioning anyone else in the league. Funny stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X