2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    Tulsa plays that match up zone. It can be very confusing.In order to beat them you need to attack the zone by passes into the middle and attack from there. You also need guys to hit open shots when they have them. Its going to be a couple of tough games when we play them. A friend of mine was at Kstate game and he said Tulsa got cheated in that game on the final play. There should have been a foul but refs held their whistle. I think F Haith is 2-1 over Weber at Kstate.
    It’s too bad Tulsa dropped the ball in non-con, could be an at-large candidate if they didn’t have those 2 horrible losses in non-con.

Comment

• Tulsa up 30

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

It’s too bad Tulsa dropped the ball in non-con, could be an at-large candidate if they didn’t have those 2 horrible losses in non-con.
        Same with Cincy...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’m gonna guess that 95% of people would disagree with your philosophy.

But you’re saying it’s ok for the lesser opponent to do this in the first place? Not a chance.
          tldr; What happened yesterday is that De Sousa got embarrassed because he assumed K-State was going to quit so he got loose with the dribble without paying attention. Since he got embarrassed by the guy stealing the ball, he was pissed and had to prove a point with the block. After proving his point with the block he hovered over the K-State player to humiliate him.

---

It's not my philosophy, it's just the way it is.

When you are crushing a team there are two things in play in the end game if you want to keep it classy:

1) you shouldn't continue to crush them if they are throwing in the towel (applying only token pressure),
          2) if they don't want to give up and they want to do battle to the bitter end, you shouldn't clown around by not trying -- you should continue giving solid effort and if that means further crushing them, that's fine.

It's the loser's choice if they want to keep competing. You can call off the dogs as the winner, but the losers have every right to compete to the end. Fans don't like it when they do, but players don't mind one bit. Players love scoring and if the losing squad is dumb enough to keep coming at them, they will be happy to continue running up the score.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Ok so Tulsa. They scare me now
            This conference is tougher than anticipated

Comment

• After this game we will have gone from 3 Q1 wins to zero in about a weeks time

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol skool View Post

Any given night, which is crazy. There might be more parity than originally thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol skool View Post

Just looking at the two games tonight, there is no doubt that this is a Man's conference. You better be ready to play every night or you can get your ass handed to you. The young players for Memphis are finding that out tonight.

Comment

• Or, Memphis isn't one of the contenders.

Comment

• Hard to say if Tulsa is hitting their stride or Memphis caught whatever WSU is going through.

Comment

• First time I played against a match up zone, I was playing PG and driving from above the key toward the right corner to see if I could get past the guy defending me. I noticed I had lost him so I made a quick stop turned to the basket, jumped, and then realized the athletic 6'7" guy on the other team was now guarding me.

He blocked my shot. With his armpit. The angles defenders are coming from in a match up zone are different and require some adjustment.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Hard to say if Tulsa is hitting their stride or Memphis caught whatever WSU is going through.
                          Both WSU and Memphis are loaded up with Fr and So's. It's common for Fr to hit a wall around this time of the year. So's aren't supposed to, but if the rest of the team is Fr, then there's a lot of pressure on the So's, and it's early in their careers to deal with that.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Memphis will have played 6 games in the last 24 days. They'll be 3-3. 2 of those wins are over USF and Tulane.

Comment

• (Stealing from Doc)

Is Memphis elite?
                              78-65

Comment

• I think we have to start taking Tulsa very serious. Beating Houston and Memphis, the two teams picked to win the league. Very surprising score, not that Tulsa is winning but the margin.

Comment

Working...
                                X