2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Largest margin of victory against a ranked team for Tulsa in school history.
    Largest mov for any unranked team over a ranked team in 27 years.

Comment

• biggest loss by a ranked team vs unranked team in 27 years.

Comment

• I don't go over to the Memphis board, but I'm sure a few from here do. What's the word there after that 40 point mauling?

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

and wichita state? what should we expect this saturday vs. tulsa?
          I will bet you a billion dollars we won't lose to Tulsa this Saturday.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

tldr; What happened yesterday is that De Sousa got embarrassed because he assumed K-State was going to quit so he got loose with the dribble without paying attention. Since he got embarrassed by the guy stealing the ball, he was pissed and had to prove a point with the block. After proving his point with the block he hovered over the K-State player to humiliate him.

---

It's not my philosophy, it's just the way it is.

When you are crushing a team there are two things in play in the end game if you want to keep it classy:

1) you shouldn't continue to crush them if they are throwing in the towel (applying only token pressure),
            2) if they don't want to give up and they want to do battle to the bitter end, you shouldn't clown around by not trying -- you should continue giving solid effort and if that means further crushing them, that's fine.

It's the loser's choice if they want to keep competing. You can call off the dogs as the winner, but the losers have every right to compete to the end. Fans don't like it when they do, but players don't mind one bit. Players love scoring and if the losing squad is dumb enough to keep coming at them, they will be happy to continue running up the score.
            Did you just tldr me with a response that was 5 times longer than mine?... ok...

I'm not talking about if there's 5 minutes left, 3 minutes left, or even 1 minute left. I'm talking about the LAST possession where the shot clock is turned OFF and there is EIGHT SECONDS left in the game. There is no comeback. There is nothing left. In that scenario of a blowout, it looks just as bad for the loser to try and steal the ball for a meaningless layup as it would be for the winner to drive to the hoop and throw a meaningless dunk down. The winner is showing you mercy. You don't spit on that. Otherwise you look like a freaking douchebag and then open the door to unnecessary garbage at the end.

No wonder you tldr'ed me on a 5 sentence paragraph. You had no rebuttal to my point on how bad situations last night wouldn't have transpired if they had your open door policy going on. Would. Not. Have. Happened.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              After this game we will have gone from 3 Q1 wins to zero in about a weeks time
              I guess we better learn how to win some big games away from home.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                I think we have to start taking Tulsa very serious. Beating Houston and Memphis, the two teams picked to win the league. Very surprising score, not that Tulsa is winning but the margin.
                Tulsa beats Memphis by 40 but a couple weeks earlier gets drilled by nearly 30 to Cincy.

They're schitzo. I'm not ready to crown them yet.

Oh and LOL Memphis.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Tulsa beats Memphis by 40 but a couple weeks earlier gets drilled by nearly 30 to Cincy.

They're schitzo. I'm not ready to crown them yet.
                  Agreed. I'm not crowning anyone. I'm also not counting us out. I'm also not expecting us to win it.

I am expecting us to not lose by 40 to, well, anyone.

I'd also be lying if I said I didn't enjoy seeing Memphis destroyed a few times.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    In 45+ years of watching basketball dating back to damn near Kindergarten I can say there are seven KU players I actually liked:
                    Darnell Valentine
                    Steve Woodberry
                    Jacque Vaughn
                    Nick Collison
                    Wayne Simien
                    Tyrell Reed
                    Perry Ellis

Thats it out of about 400 players.
                    No Kirk Hinrich?

Comment

• Tulsa could be due for a huge letdown.

I say we give it to them.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• WSU is now the only team that is considered a Q1 home game ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Did you just tldr me with a response that was 5 times longer than mine?... ok...

No wonder you tldr'ed me on a 5 sentence paragraph. You had no rebuttal to my point on how bad situations last night wouldn't have transpired if they had your open door policy going on. Would. Not. Have. Happened.
                          No, actually I didn't tldr YOU. I tldr'd MY OWN post because it was too long.

The melee happened because De Sousa made a bad assumption, got embarrassed, and then snapped.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No, actually I didn't tldr YOU. I tldr'd MY OWN post because it was too long.

The melee happened because De Sousa made a bad assumption, got embarrassed, and then snapped.
                            A bad assumption? You mean not shoving it down K-State's throats in a blowout with 8 seconds left?

Yep... bad assumption indeed.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Penny has an embarrassment of riches (talent) but doesn’t coach. He is the player’s buddy. Doesn’t know how to yell at them and push them. Seems like his assistant Mike Miller is the one who tries to coach and motivate them while Penny watches.

Strange dynamic
                              Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; January 23, 2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• I wonder if that pre-season NBA showcase that Penny held is paying off. Wiseman aside, Penny signed the #1 class in the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X