2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

I agree with this but some blame also goes to the KSU players that jumped off the bench. And who were the guy(s) in non uniforms throwing punches?
    Absolutely. I think the KSU fella in the white pants should probably be booted from KSU as well. I don't think anyone is saying KSU is blameless.

Comment

• De Sousa was just suspended indefinitely ... i.e. until they need him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Anyone a member that can put this up on KU Board? Priceless.

Comment

• I'm curious how long KU will suspend the chair .. it's obviously the most to blame in all of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            I'm curious how long KU will suspend the chair .. it's obviously the most to blame in all of this.
            It has become overwhelmingly clear that we need common sense chair control.
            Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

De Sousa was just suspended indefinitely ... i.e. until they need him.
              As a beaker non-follower, it is REALLY hard to keep up with the comings, goings, and underbelly revelations at KU. How an upstanding, reasonable person can be a fan and defender of that program is a textbook case of cognitive dissonance. KU folks I know that are otherwise totally normal people, with typical moral codes, who suddenly flip the script and go to bat for stuff like this, the NCAA investigations, the dorm rapes, the free cars, the Adidas deal, the stripper poles and Snoop shows, and on and on and on, are perplexing, to put it lightly. It's sort of a multiple personality disorder thing, almost. I mean I'm talking about folks that are pastors or in some sort of ministry, parents with solid households, folks who give more than they take, leaders of communities, etc. How in the heck they reconcile the two worlds is fascinating to me.
              Last edited by SHOCKvalue; January 22, 2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

As a beaker non-follower, it is REALLY hard to keep up with the comings, goings, and underbelly revelations at KU. How an upstanding, reasonable person can be a fan and defender of that program is a textbook case of cognitive dissonance. KU folks I know that are otherwise totally normal people, with typical moral codes, who suddenly flip the script and go to bat for stuff like this, the NCAA investigations, the dorm rapes, the free cars, the Adidas deal, the stripper poles and Snoop shows, and on and on and on, are perplexing, to put it lightly. It's sort of a multiple personality disorder thing, almost. I mean I'm talking about folks that are pastors or in some sort of ministry, parents with solid households, folks who give more than they take, leaders of communities, etc. How in the heck they reconcile the two worlds is fascinating to me.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

De Stoolsa
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I personally commend the guy for KSU in street clothes coming off the bench . Will he get punished? Probably. But when 3 Kansas players are standing over one of your basketball brothers, he's absolutely in the right to go protect him.

Comment

he hasn't been playing much anyway

Comment

• Kansas suspends Silvio De Sousa ‘indefinitely’ following brawl

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          I'll go with ShockerFever on this one.
                          It's not really my opinion on how it should be, it's just the way it is. As a center back in the last few minutes when we were crushing a team we'd basically just pass back and forth with the keeper and the wing backs, because the other team is flat outmatched. And if they apply token pressure, then we are just moving the ball and not trying to advance it and it's pretty much game over. But if they try and trap me, then that ball is going over the top and it's game on. Basketball is the same in this regard.

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          We've watched so many WSU blowouts the last 10 years. I always found it odd that the other team would get their **** kicked for 39:40, and then would try to use the last 20s to demonstrate how they are super tough against the walk-ons.
                          Which proves the point. You've seen it repeatedly, because that's the way it is (for good or bad). The losing team gets to dictate their level of punishment, it's just an unspoken rule.

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          I will say, I've seen my share of KU games where the starters are in up 30 in the last 3 minutes, so what goes around sometimes does come around.
                          Now that's janky. Is De Sousa a starter?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's not really my opinion on how it should be, it's just the way it is. As a center back in the last few minutes when we were crushing a team we'd basically just pass back and forth with the keeper and the wing backs, because the other team is flat outmatched. And if they apply token pressure, then we are just moving the ball and not trying to advance it and it's pretty much game over. But if they try and trap me, then that ball is going over the top and it's game on. Basketball is the same in this regard.

Which proves the point. You've seen it repeatedly, because that's the way it is (for good or bad). The losing team gets to dictate their level of punishment, it's just an unspoken rule.

Now that's janky. Is De Sousa a starter?
                            No. KU paid a bunch of money for a player that kinda sucks. And now this. Talk about not worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

No. KU paid a bunch of money for a player that kinda sucks. And now this. Talk about not worth it.
                              Yeesh.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

So, just extrapolating on your position and that of Stickboy46 , we should make KU forfeit their next game? I'm all for suspensions and all that goes along with it, but that's just bad policy. And if this were WSU instead of KU, fans would be singing a different tune.

Also, De Sousa didn't try to "bludgeon someone with a chair." He picked up the chair and dropped it when he seemed to realize it was a bad idea. Thankfully. There's plenty of criticism to be had here, but that angle isn't it.
                                It looked like someone from behind DeSousa grabbed the chair and said something to get him to put it down. Not totally clear though.
                                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Working...
                                X