Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-1 assist to turnover ratio doesn't spell NBA PG
    FG 29% and 26% from deep does not spell NBA SG
    Those stats don't even point overseas so does he come back next year?

Comment

• Every year we have a couple guys that come back from the year off and think they’re going to show everyone (scouts) how they’ve improved their games. This year, its Tyson and Mo trying to show how they are ball dominant players. Here’s the reality: they are the same guys they were last year. Tyson is s good 2 guard that can shoot off the pass or the dribble or coming off a screen. He’s not an iso point guard that he wants to be or tried out for this summer. Mo is an undersized big body post player that can score against single defenders that aren’t crazy athletic. He’s not a “stretch 5” and he’s not a force int he paint that can carry a team. The sooner they accept their roles the better this team will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        1-1 assist to turnover ratio doesn't spell NBA PG
        FG 29% and 26% from deep does not spell NBA SG
        Those stats don't even point overseas so does he come back next year?
        It’s been four games. Relax everyone and breathe. TE will be just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Every year we have a couple guys that come back from the year off and think they’re going to show everyone (scouts) how they’ve improved their games. This year, its Tyson and Mo trying to show how they are ball dominant players. Here’s the reality: they are the same guys they were last year. Tyson is s good 2 guard that can shoot off the pass or the dribble or coming off a screen. He’s not an iso point guard that he wants to be or tried out for this summer. Mo is an undersized big body post player that can score against single defenders that aren’t crazy athletic. He’s not a “stretch 5” and he’s not a force int he paint that can carry a team. The sooner they accept their roles the better this tea, m will be.
          I totally agree on Mo,

I think you are right on Tyson, but I'm not sure he has found his entire role. I think he's trying too much to be "the Man", and IB needs to relieve him of having to carry the team, and he will become a leader (probably our top leader) that we need but not the be "the leader" of the team. I think that we have several end of the clock guys. Qua, Ricky, Tyson, and even Craig Porter all can run plays in an iso capacity, but they need to look for the pass first, and shot second, and stop forcing things, dribbling too much, and forcing bad shots. Dribble, penetrate, force the defense to collapse, and dish it to another player. This is only true of the half court offense. I don't mind so much the isolations that are happening on the full court, after our pressure defense forces turnovers. We are struggling mightily on the half court execution.

The guys look up to him either way, but he needs to let the game come to him more than he does now, and that is true of Ricky, and Qua too. Craig Porter probably does the best job of this at this time, by rarely forcing things.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            I’m not interested in entertaining whatever it is that was just posted on the Erik Stevenson thread.

I am interested in the fact that Tyson took 27 shots last night. I’m sorry but that’s way too many especially when you consider that 10 of them, MAYBE, were actually good shots.

Perhaps apologies are in order. Someone(s), I don’t remember who, called Tyson a volume scorer last year and I disagreed on the basis that he was out best offensive threat and I wanted him shooting.

Fast forward a year and we have more reinforcements but he’s taking more and more bad shots. The pick and roll at the top of the key is yielding nothing. Has he ever made a productive pass out of that?

I get that he is a tough shot maker. I’m extremely glad to have a guy like that on the team. What I wish he would understand is that just because you can make them, doesn’t mean that should be your only source of nourishment.

The defenses are keying in on him, no doubt. Are we doing anything to take advantage of that? Maybe we are and I just don’t recognize it.
            This is a good point. Too many bad shots are being taken.

Comment

I’m not interested in entertaining whatever it is that was just posted on the Erik Stevenson thread.

I am interested in the fact that Tyson took 27 shots last night. I’m sorry but that’s way too many especially when you consider that 10 of them, MAYBE, were actually good shots.

Perhaps apologies are in order. Someone(s), I don’t remember who, called Tyson a volume scorer last year and I disagreed on the basis that he was out best offensive threat and I wanted him shooting.

Fast forward a year and we have more reinforcements but he’s taking more and more bad shots. The pick and roll at the top of the key is yielding nothing. Has he ever made a productive pass out of that?

I get that he is a tough shot maker. I’m extremely glad to have a guy like that on the team. What I wish he would understand is that just because you can make them, doesn’t mean that should be your only source of nourishment.

The defenses are keying in on him, no doubt. Are we doing anything to take advantage of that? Maybe we are and I just don’t recognize it.
              If we have another mass exodus this year or even something less, not enough basketballs to go around will be the cause.

Comment

• I would hope that the coaches showed Tyson his low lights from the game. He needs to remember that he can have a positive impact on the game when his shot is off. He can penetrate to pass. He can screen, He can be a ball mover. He can move without the ball until he gets a wide open shot. Even when his shots aren’t going in, he is still the first priority of the defense. He can use that to help his teammates get good shots. After his disastrous start to the second half, it seemed like he started to do some of those things and it got both his teammates and him going. He has to trust in his teammates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                  I would hope that the coaches showed Tyson his low lights from the game. He needs to remember that he can have a positive impact on the game when his shot is off. He can penetrate to pass. He can screen, He can be a ball mover. He can move without the ball until he gets a wide open shot. Even when his shots aren’t going in, he is still the first priority of the defense. He can use that to help his teammates get good shots. After his disastrous start to the second half, it seemed like he started to do some of those things and it got both his teammates and him going. He has to trust in his teammates.
                  His passes to Mo at the top of key (really?), at Mo's feet no less, along with his passes (hot potatoes?) to guys literally within inches of the sideline, while they're guarded, need to be addressed and corrected. If that's possible, and one would think it certainly is...
                  Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 21, 2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

His passes to Mo at the top of key (really?), at Mo's feet no less, along with his passes (hot potatoes?) to guys literally within inches of the sideline need to be addressed and corrected. If that's possible, and one would think it certainly is...
                    “The ‘eye in the sky’ doesn’t lie.”
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                      I would hope that the coaches showed Tyson his low lights from the game. He needs to remember that he can have a positive impact on the game when his shot is off. He can penetrate to pass. He can screen, He can be a ball mover. He can move without the ball until he gets a wide open shot. Even when his shots aren’t going in, he is still the first priority of the defense. He can use that to help his teammates get good shots. After his disastrous start to the second half, it seemed like he started to do some of those things and it got both his teammates and him going. He has to trust in his teammates.
                      Totally agree.

Comment

• The good news is that Etienne will be back for another year or two. The bad news is that if he continues what he's doing so far this year, that's also the bad news.

Comment

• I need to rag on Etienne a little more often. The moment I made a negative post about him, he rattled off 3 consecutive 3's to put the Shox ahead by 3.

Comment

• A leader doesn’t let their man go untouched to the rim for the potentially game winning offensive put back.

A leader does hit the game winning free throws but that was not a foul on UNLV.

Comment

A leader doesn’t let their man go untouched to the rim for the potentially game winning offensive put back.

A leader does hit the game winning free throws but that was not a foul on UNLV.
                              Box out was awful.

That looked like a foul to me on UNLV.

I am honestly impressed they didn't call some phantom call on the Rebel guy falling down.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Box out was awful.

That looked like a foul to me on UNLV.

I am honestly impressed they didn't call some phantom call on the Rebel guy falling down.
                                It could’ve been a foul. I guess at this point it’s irrelevant. Can’t believe we won that game.

Comment

Working...
                                X