No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the Shox got the ball with about 20 seconds left, there was only one way to lose the game, and that would have been a turnover.

Passing the ball has a risk for a turnover. Dribbling into the lane has a possibility of a turnover.

A virtually steal-proof method of advancing the ball and taking a 30' shot he practices every day reduces the risk of a turnover to about 0.

Etienne didn't have to win the game. What he had to do was not lose the game, and he played that role to perfection.

I don't know if this aspect was planned, but considering it's Etienne, I imagine it was. The timing of the shot would have allowed a dribble and shoot if the Shox got the rebound. J'Ville would have had to make a half-court shot if they got the rebound.
    Last edited by WuTheOne; November 10, 2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• We drive in the lane and missed a forced shot and people complain, we pass around the perimeter and miss a contested 3 and people complain, we make a long three by a guy known to make long threes and people complain. Our fan base is great.

Comment

• I believe Tyson scored the last 9 points last night including a tough bank shot over their big guy. Very impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
          I believe Tyson scored the last 9 points last night including a tough bank shot over their big guy. Very impressive.
          Joe Pleasant had two points in there, with an assist by Tyson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

Joe Pleasant had two points in there, with an assist by Tyson.
            Check

Comment

• Guess where TE is slotted on Fox's top 50 (plus 25 close misses)?

Look close....

Keep looking....

He's got to be here somewhere.....

https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/...EBAoxpdAg&s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Guess where TE is slotted on Fox's top 50 (plus 25 close misses)?

Look close....

Keep looking....

He's got to be here somewhere.....

https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/...EBAoxpdAg&s=19
                Side note- Timmy Allen (Teddys brother) looks big time.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Hello Europe..........I just don't see an NBA level player here. Will never make the first two rounds.
                  Now, prove me wrong.

Comment

• He's got Mahomes Disease right now. Just trying to do WAY too much. I personally think the 30-foot 3 point attempts are just wasted throw-away possessions. All it's doing is bringing down his stats. Why would anybody, no matter how good they. are, settle for an attempt that far from the basket? Your percentages automatically go down just for trying it from that far away. I don't remember Steph Curry or Kyle Korver taking 30-foot bombs in college, when they very well could have. TE was so relaxed and pressure-free is freshman year and let the game come to him. He has pressed a bit more each year after those accolades and notoriety steadily increased mainly from his freshman year.

He needs to stop pressing, stop going for the impossible shots, and just play his regular style basketball. His percentages will go up when he takes less dumb, NBA shots and he'll start looking like a good college player with NBA potential instead of an NBA try-out show going horribly wrong.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      He's got Mahomes Disease right now. Just trying to do WAY too much. I personally think the 30-foot 3 point attempts are just wasted throw-away possessions. All it's doing is bringing down his stats. Why would anybody, no matter how good they. are, settle for an attempt that far from the basket? Your percentages automatically go down just for trying it from that far away. I don't remember Steph Curry or Kyle Korver taking 30-foot bombs in college, when they very well could have. TE was so relaxed and pressure-free is freshman year and let the game come to him. He has pressed a bit more each year after those accolades and notoriety steadily increased mainly from his freshman year.

He needs to stop pressing, stop going for the impossible shots, and just play his regular style basketball. His percentages will go up when he takes less dumb, NBA shots and he'll start looking like a good college player with NBA potential instead of an NBA try-out show going horribly wrong.
                      I've got to agree 100% with this post. Incredibly accurate analysis of what TE appears to be desling with, including the Mahomes hero ball comparison.

Comment

• Comment

• Tyson and Mo both need to realize they’re going to see a lot of double teams this year. If they can quickly get the ball to an open teammate they should have a temporary advantage. I thought both have been a tick or two too slow getting rid of it. Of course the rest of the team need to recognize that too and get into the open space and make themselves available for a pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            He's got Mahomes Disease right now. Just trying to do WAY too much. I personally think the 30-foot 3 point attempts are just wasted throw-away possessions. All it's doing is bringing down his stats. Why would anybody, no matter how good they. are, settle for an attempt that far from the basket? Your percentages automatically go down just for trying it from that far away. I don't remember Steph Curry or Kyle Korver taking 30-foot bombs in college, when they very well could have. TE was so relaxed and pressure-free is freshman year and let the game come to him. He has pressed a bit more each year after those accolades and notoriety steadily increased mainly from his freshman year.

I've got to agree 100% with this post. Incredibly accurate analysis of what TE appears to be desling with, including the Mahomes hero ball comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

100% - The "other" guys need to ANTICIPATE that double team on both Mo and Ty and get in position quickly for the pass and easy bucket!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I’m not interested in entertaining whatever it is that was just posted on the Erik Stevenson thread.

I am interested in the fact that Tyson took 27 shots last night. I’m sorry but that’s way too many especially when you consider that 10 of them, MAYBE, were actually good shots.

Perhaps apologies are in order. Someone(s), I don’t remember who, called Tyson a volume scorer last year and I disagreed on the basis that he was out best offensive threat and I wanted him shooting.

Fast forward a year and we have more reinforcements but he’s taking more and more bad shots. The pick and roll at the top of the key is yielding nothing. Has he ever made a productive pass out of that?

I get that he is a tough shot maker. I’m extremely glad to have a guy like that on the team. What I wish he would understand is that just because you can make them, doesn’t mean that should be your only source of nourishment.

The defenses are keying in on him, no doubt. Are we doing anything to take advantage of that? Maybe we are and I just don’t recognize it.

Comment

Working...
                                X