Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    Raw beets.

This was indeed a very good article. Tragic story about Tyson's close friend and teammate getting shot and killed. The tragedy has driven Tyson to be as good as he can possibly be in all ways.

This is one driven and extremely focused and disciplined young man. And mature beyond his years.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 29, 2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Raw beets.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Tyson picked inside the top 40..I'll take it.

Comment

• THE LUTE OLSON AWARD2021-22 WATCH LIST - College Insider

Nov. 4, 2021

"The Watch List for the 2021-22 Lute Olson National Player of the Year award was announced on Thursday.

Emoni Bates, Memphis
            Kendric Davis, SMU
            Tyson Etienne, Wichita State

Comment

• Tyson has done the groundwork to be an FVV level legend. Will he capitalize while at WSU?
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Glad it went in, but is that really the best shot we could get with 17 seconds remaining?
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          Glad it went in, but is that really the best shot we could get with 17 seconds remaining?
                          In that situation with THAT player taking the shot...yes.

Comment

• there was 2.2 seconds left after shot went in

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              Glad it went in, but is that really the best shot we could get with 17 seconds remaining?
                              I've seen a lot of people talk about the shot with x amount of time remaining. Does it really matter how much time was left when we got the ball? We were holding for the last shot and IB told him not to do anything until there was 8 seconds left or so, which is normal. And with Ty, that's not a bad shot. Had he shot it with 17 seconds on the clock it wouldn't have been a great shot and I'd really question his BBIQ at that point, but that's not the case.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I've seen a lot of people talk about the shot with x amount of time remaining. Does it really matter how much time was left when we got the ball? We were holding for the last shot and IB told him not to do anything until there was 8 seconds left or so, which is normal. And with Ty, that's not a bad shot. Had he shot it with 17 seconds on the clock it wouldn't have been a great shot and I'd really question his BBIQ at that point, but that's not the case.
                                Yup, its all situational. Its bad if he takes it with 10+ seconds left. Its bad if we are down 1-2 points.

Only 4 likely outcomes of that shot.

1. Shot get blocked at under 4 seconds. There would be a scramble for the ball with a very high probability of the clock running out and we go to OT
                                2. Airball and the ball goes straight out of bounds leaving 1-1.5 seconds for the other team to get the ball all the way across court for a shot - Very likely we just go to OT
                                3. Misses but hits the rim. 99% chance that a shot of that far will bounce high/far enough that the clock runs out before anyone gains possession - We go to OT
                                4. He makes it - We win.

Could he have gotten a better shot? maybe. he could have also gotten stripped when trying to make a move giving up an open layup for the loss. I believe that happened to Landry once

Comment

Working...
                                X