No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMHO Etienne was good last year because of Gilbert and he doesn't have that level of a point guard with him this year. Then the pressure and expectations from pre-season awards, NBA talk, and press clippings started affecting his play. No senior leadership around this year to help him out and give him guidance and keep him grounded.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      Can anyone recall another player in the program's history that has regressed so much from one season to the next?
      Dexter had the same issue his sophomore year.
      TE will figure it out and be a great part of the team at some point, if he sticks around. Otherwise he will be another, wish he was still here guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I could be wrong, but I think Aargh set up a new account a month afterwards (April 2021) and posts on a regular basis under that account instead, including on this thread with the new account.
        That wasn’t too hard to figure out. I wonder why?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

That wasn’t too hard to figure out. I wonder why?
          Wutheone = Aargh?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Wutheone = Aargh?
            If Ted Lasso’s Neighbor knew that, then who is Ted Lasso’s Neighbor?

Also, it’s been a while since Ricardo Del Rio posted. Cold, do you have any insight there?

And what is _kai_ posting under now?
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

If Ted Lasso’s Neighbor knew that, then who is Ted Lasso’s Neighbor?

Also, it’s been a while since Ricardo Del Rio posted. Cold, do you have any insight there?

And what is _kai_ posting under now?
              I think we should all be required to wear name tags.
              6bea305b-e401-4b99-a59c-d1d21ab8c426_1.9086033510f866ebc6c402163c2df5ff.jpeg

Comment

I think we should all be required to wear name tags.
                6bea305b-e401-4b99-a59c-d1d21ab8c426_1.9086033510f866ebc6c402163c2df5ff.jpeg
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wutheone = Aargh?
                  That would be my guess, but I could be wrong. The reason why I think that is because WuTheOne posted something about the demise of football that sounded familiar and similar to what Aargh posted:

WuTheOne - https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...91#post1308991

Here's how WSU FB died. This is from players in the program at that time. Boyd Converse was hired from Kilgore JuCo in TX, who had won the national JuCo title multiple years. Converse went to SEC schools who had players he wanted and asked those players how much it would take to make them unhappy at the school they were at.

That was my Fr year at WSU. Fr were ineligible to play varsity sports. The redshirts (transfers) and the Fr both beat the varsity by scores in the range of 45-0. Unfortunately, SEC schools weren't happy with how Converse had built that redshirt class and complained to the NCAA.

Other things happened. I can't remember if it was Miller Farr or Mel Farr who was living in Fairmount Towers when the USC coaching staff showed up and helped him carry all his belongings out of Fairmount and to the plane taking him to USC.
                  Aargh - https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...20#post1279020

I was living in the dorms with the football players under Converse. Converse had gone to almost every school in the SEC, picking out players he wanted to transfer to WSU. He asked them if they were happy there. If they said yes, he came back with "How much would it take to make you unhappy". A JuCo coach moving to WSU doesn't go into the SEC, tamper with players under scholarship, and offer money for them to leave their school.

Converse moved WSU to the top of the NCAA's most penalized school list. That caused the NCAA to give WSU severe sanctions for relatively minor violations in the basketball program.
                  Aargh - https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...73#post1291173

One year when I lived in Fairmount Towers, USC had two assistant coaches in either Miller Farr's room or Mel Farr's room just before football season started. One of them was on scholarship at WSU. When those coaches left his room, Farr and all his possessions were on a plane to California. The NCAA didn't even investigate WSU's claims of tampering with a player.
                  Like I said, just a guess. Could be they just knew each other in Fairmount Towers and like to tell the same stories.
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

That would be my guess, but I could be wrong. The reason why I think that is because WuTheOne posted something about the demise of football that sounded familiar and similar to what Aargh posted:

Like I said, just a guess. Could be they just knew each other in Fairmount Towers and like to tell the same stories.
                    "JuCo"

Comment

Dang Neighbor, you're good. You some kind of PI or something? Please don't dig too deeply into me. I'd like to leave that Tijuana incident in the past, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Dang Neighbor, you're good. You some kind of PI or something? Please don't dig too deeply into me. I'd like to leave that Tijuana incident in the past, if you know what I mean.
                        Go Toros!

Comment

• TLN can stay the hell away from me.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Wutheone = Aargh?
                            Wow so Aargh has 790 friends and has a lake in his backyard?

Now it’s all making sense.

Nice find.
                            Last edited by ShockerFever; January 27, 2022, 04:12 PM.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Dang Neighbor, you're good. You some kind of PI or something?

Comment

• First, don't start him. Start RC.
                                Second, manage his minutes based on quality of shots taken / made.
                                Limit his minutes so he is always rested and fresh. Tired shooters miss a lot.
                                If they are going to double him distance him from the rim on one side of the
                                court and allow CP & RC operate four on three on the other side.
                                Don't let the ball get stuck in his hands and don't allow him to attack a double team.

Comment

Working...
                                X