Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
    Some of his 3's is far away. Hard to defend
    Thanks for mentioning this....one was a little end of the clock, but at least 3 of his makes were at least 2.5 feet behind the line. I don't have any metrics, but overall it seems moving the line back has had little to no effect on making shots.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Thanks for mentioning this....one was a little end of the clock, but at least 3 of his makes were at least 2.5 feet behind the line. I don't have any metrics, but overall it seems moving the line back has had little to no effect on making shots.
      I believe Sherfield was asked about this in a postgame interview with Kennedy. He said it just took a couple weeks to get used to where the line was, but otherwise didn't matter. He went out of his way to say he KNEW it didn't matter to Etienne.

Comment

Etienne is one bad hombre.

Comment

He did hit some 30 footers yesterday and looked good doing it.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Put this in the OSU game thread, but it probably belongs here.

I had a couple of moments watching Tyson that reminded me of watching Landry against Tulsa in 15-16. Landry had only four points and fouled out of that game (not great officiating), but he had three steals and did some things that made me think, "Wow, have we ever had a lead/off guard who was capable of doing that?" I'm specifically thinking of when Landry made a back door cut and got fouled on what would have been an easy two-hand jam.

I had a couple of those moments watching Tyson yesterday. It's different than what I experienced watching Landry his freshman year, but Tyson does things athletically that great WSU guards of the past could not do. The baseline drive at around the 5:30 mark in the first half, even though he missed, is a good case in point. His quickness, lateral speed, and vertical leap are all very impressive. He doesn't have to overcome the same physical limitations that a lot of our guards have had in the past, and there's also a very natural feel to his game. While the two aren't mutually exclusive, these things tell me he will be a force to be reckoned with sooner rather than later. Oh yeah, and he also shoots 46.2% from three.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Tyson has reminded me some of Sean Ogirri, or at least what Ogirri could have become - a sharp-shooter with some athleticism. The thing is, Tyson is already a better defender and at at least an equal shooter as Sean was as a senior at Wyoming (42% 3FG with a closer 3-point line). And he better utilizes his athletic ability.

Comment

And he's the AAC Freshman of the Week!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Tyson has reminded me some of Sean Ogirri, or at least what Ogirri could have become - a sharp-shooter with some athleticism. The thing is, Tyson is already a better defender and at at least an equal shooter as Sean was as a senior at Wyoming (42% 3FG with a closer 3-point line). And he better utilizes his athletic ability.
                  I would agree that he has some similarities. They are both long range snipers. But I also see some differences in that Tyson is a lot stronger, physical, and quite a bit more intense. I liked Ogirri's shooting and he was the one that led us to our big win over Syracuse. However, I see Tyson going farther with his talents imo.

Comment

He got game!
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I would agree that he has some similarities. They are both long range snipers. But I also see some differences in that Tyson is a lot stronger, physical, and quite a bit more intense. I liked Ogirri's shooting and he was the one that led us to our big win over Syracuse. However, I see Tyson going farther with his talents imo.
                      He also appears to be willing to buy in and put in the work on the defensive end.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

What I like about Tyson most is that he doesn't always just think about the 3 ball. He likes to drive it and is completely comfortable with the soft pull-up. Smoothe smart freshman who also isn't too shabby on the defensive end. A lot to like about this young man!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

He will be the next NBA player for Shox. Its a make or miss league after all...

Comment

Working...
                                X