No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson is also the same age as many college upperclassmen. That doesnt negate what he is and what he has done as a player but I also think that reminder needs to be there especially when you try and compare him to players of the past that didnt have that extra year to 2 years of seasoning.

Comment

I'm calling it now. This Saturday vs. OU is Tyson's first rim rattling traffic dunk! I'm telling you it's coming. He's a crazy good athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
        Tyson is also the same age as many college upperclassmen. That doesnt negate what he is and what he has done as a player but I also think that reminder needs to be there especially when you try and compare him to players of the past that didnt have that extra year to 2 years of seasoning.
        Excellent point. Both Tyson and Grant show a maturity on and off the court beyond their years (even at plus 1 or 2).

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
          He will be the next NBA player for Shox. Its a make or miss league after all...
          Really? Come on man ,that is way premature. This is the same kind of stuff some people were telling DD last year and all this summer. And look what happened to DD. This kind talk is dustracting. I hope TE doesnt read any of these statements or listen to any of this nonsense. TE just needs to keep grinding and developing as a player. Ignore the hype. Nothing is guaranteed in the future. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Really? Come on man ,that is way premature. This is the same kind of stuff some people were telling DD last year and all this summer. And look what happened to DD. This kind talk is dustracting. I hope TE doesnt read any of these statements or listen to any of this nonsense. TE just needs to keep grinding and developing as a player. Ignore the hype. Nothing is guaranteed in the future. Go Shocks.
            Didn't realize we are aren't allowed to make predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Didn't realize we are aren't allowed to make predictions.
              You are certainly allowed to make ridiculous predictions. I just hope our players don't read them or be influenced by these predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

You are certainly allowed to make ridiculous predictions. I just hope our players don't read them or be influenced by these predictions.
                It's a sports fan board, why would any player take this seriously?

Comment

TheShocktocles: That is not a ridiculous prediction. He has family that are current and former NBA standouts. He will get opportunities to practice with the best in the offseason as he has already done. He will get on the radar of teams if he keeps showing out. If he keeps shooting well and now shows the ability to drive and play defense, then in 2-3 years, yes God forbid I am right that he is our next NBA player. Like another poster said, if he was 6-3 instead of 6-1, he would have been a top 50-75 prospect.

As for Dex, I personally believe he has the athleticism to play the next level if he can regain his ability to shoot it at 38%+ from three and remain a defender that does not foul. He is just going through a rough patch but will snap out of it. These kids don’t have time read my expert analysis anyway, between school, friends, and hoops. I am not trying to create drama, I just believe that ETN has “it”. My opinion that is all.

Comment

If you don't think most of our players don't think a LOT about making the league, think again. What do you think the motivation is for many of them to keep working and developing? The only issue that can pop up is if what they are trying to do or be based on the chatter they hear, is if it impacts the team. And I trust HCGM would address that.

And that development isn't always on a perfectly upward line. Just because DD is having a slump doesn't mean his overall trend line is down. We have had many a player have a "sophomore slump" and then continue their upward trend. We have also had players plateau after year one.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I would not be surprised if this young man leaves for draft after this season... realistically next season

Comment

At 6’1” the boy better start working on his handles, because it will be incredibly difficult for him to get a chance at sg at the next level. I’m having a hard time even thinking of any sg’s that are that height or near it. Average for that position in the nba is 6’5”.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                          At 6’1” the boy better start working on his handles, because it will be incredibly difficult for him to get a chance at sg at the next level. I’m having a hard time even thinking of any sg’s that are that height or near it. Average for that position in the nba is 6’5”.
                          I think Lou Williams is around 6’1”

Comment

How tall is JJ Berea
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

As my pappy once said, "son, son, I say I say I say, it's not always the length that matters, sometimes it's the girth."

He also said...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                                How tall is JJ Berea
                                Isn’t he a PG?

Comment

Working...
                                X